DS #DSi 0019: Assassin's Creed II: Discovery (USA)

Xuang

Professional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Acekard 2i and for some reason the game doesn't recognize that I am using a DSi anyway to fix this?

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
It's hard to tell if it's Ubi's new AP policy or just the DSi feature blocking it's use. On one hand: Rabbids Go Home had the same problem and the same "worthless" DSi features added onto it. On the other: Where's Waldo didn't.

I'm going to say that I think Ubi is trying to cram as much DSi features into as many games as possible, even if they aren't warranted, because they know it'll cause a proper rom dumping hiccup. At the end of Q4 2009, they won't see any real increase in sales and move on to blame the economy instead of piracy of slumping sales.

Orusaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well, this game sure was a surprise. Didn't know it existed. Just got it to test if it worked on the Super Card DS One, and it does, along with eveything anyone has thrown at us so far. (with appropriate patches, though, I might add.)

I was just gonna play this for two mins, but wound up completly absorbed, and couldn't put it down for an hour. It's hard to explain. It's a platformer, but with lots of Assasin's Creed staples and elements, like stealth. I guess it's somewhat like 2d prince of persia games, only fast. I had a lot of fun. I've retired it, though, because the story seems to be the same as the real game, or possibly it's some sort of side story with the same characters. I don't kow, but I'm not playing any further until that's been cleared up, because I intend to experience the story through the console game. That said, this game took me really by surprise. I thought it was gonna be shovelware crap, but it plays really well. Of course, I'm not very far into it, and it might turn out dull and repetetive, but the first impression is very, very good.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to be working fine on a CycloDS 1.56b3......it's a lot better that the first Assassin's Creed, but that isn't saying all that much. Definitely controls, plays and looks better though. Lots of voice acting in this one.

plasmatron

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Guild McCommunist said:
JustReading said:
BAHAMUT needs a scene ban for the constant repacking of p2p shit, the bullshit in nfos, invalid propers, and generally sucking. Any group that isn't doing games at 10 am on Tuesday morning etc is shit.

Dear JustReading,

Shut the fuck up. You're getting the game for free.

Sincerly,
Guild

The game was released by XPA not BAHAMUT. Stop ranting, when you don`t have any fucking clue.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
plasmatron said:
Guild McCommunist said:
JustReading said:
BAHAMUT needs a scene ban for the constant repacking of p2p shit, the bullshit in nfos, invalid propers, and generally sucking. Any group that isn't doing games at 10 am on Tuesday morning etc is shit.

Dear JustReading,

Sincerly,
Guild

The game was released by XPA not BAHAMUT. Stop ranting, when you don`t have any fucking clue.

Yeah, not having any clue what this drama is about and just being exposed to it by reading the NFOs, XPA's response seems a thousand times more catty and insulting than the original Bahamut statement in Rockman last night.

Either way, it's the kind of thing you can see in any guild chat or IRC channel ever... It's the internet and it's a "scene" where people can pretend to feel superior to others. Of course there'll be useless drama.

Retal

Trophies
XP
Country
Donato_Dobango said:
plasmatron said:
Guild McCommunist said:
JustReading said:

Dear JustReading,

Sincerly,
Guild

Yeah, not having any clue what this drama is about and just being exposed to it by reading the NFOs, XPA's response seems a thousand times more catty and insulting than the original Bahamut statement in Rockman last night.

Either way, it's the kind of thing you can see in any guild chat or IRC channel ever... It's the internet and it's a "scene" where people can pretend to feel superior to others. Of course there'll be useless drama.

For the record, nobody in this quote pyramid has a clue. Except possibly the first guy, but I doubt that. BAHAMUT is actually comprised of P2P faggots, so he was right about that at least, as well as the scene ban part.

VenomTSH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
I need less scene drama and more patches to make this work.
cry.gif

just1post

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retal said:
Donato_Dobango said:
plasmatron said:
Guild McCommunist said:
JustReading said:

Dear JustReading,

Sincerly,
Guild

For the record, nobody in this quote pyramid has a clue. Except possibly the first guy, but I doubt that. BAHAMUT is actually comprised of P2P faggots, so he was right about that at least, as well as the scene ban part.
Retal, you obviously have no clue and have been spoon-fed lies. XPA are publicly well known to be comprised of P2P users, check their history, check blackcats torrents, even check this post of a Spanish member who also runs a Spanish torrent/rom sharing website (these are just minor examples). If you had any concept of the scene you would know XPA should be the ones to be banned, then again the politics dwells further beyond your comprehension and nothing will happen anyway. BAHAMUT can be perceived as a subpar group and in XPA's shadow, but at least it doesn't deal with p2p. The scene today is nothing like what it used to be, all these lame groups should take a page from the book of the best group ever: r18!

Anyway, this is a really nice game. Assassin's Creed rocks! Good job XPA.

SceneHUR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just1post said:
Retal, you obviously have no clue and have been spoon-fed lies. XPA are publicly well known to be comprised of P2P users, check their history, check blackcats torrents, even check this post of a Spanish member who also runs a Spanish torrent/rom sharing website (these are just minor examples). If you had any concept of the scene you would know XPA should be the ones to be banned, then again the politics dwells further beyond your comprehension and nothing will happen anyway. BAHAMUT can be perceived as a subpar group and in XPA's shadow, but at least it doesn't deal with p2p. The scene today is nothing like what it used to be, all these lame groups should take a page from the book of the best group ever: r18!

Anyway, this is a really nice game. Assassin's Creed rocks! Good job XPA.

Theres no mention of XPA on your link, however its no secret groups accept roms from people considered more to be independent. It doesn't mean they are actually members of the group and is pretty common practice; i wouldn't say theres any security issue involved unless you happen to know internal group workings and any site slots being given to p2p users etc. I wouldn't assume anything about either group unless theres proof of p2p people actually connected to the scene.

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Wtf guys... this discussion is USELESS for the thread, this ISN'T helping people having problems with the game.

Thanks for Xenophobia AND Bahamut for bring a lot of games FOR FREE, and that's all lol. Is anyone paying Xenophobia or BAHAMUT for the games? So you can't complain, let's talk about the damn game!

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Chanser said:
It's already out on 360.

AC2 comes out on Tuesday for 360, have it up in my Gamefly queue and hoping my gamble of keeping a free rental slot open for the past month means I get it day one.

Edit: and as of now, this game most likely will not work on most flashcarts. Nothing we can do about it until someone finds a work around for Ubisoft's DSi implementation, if that's even possible. Not going to shed too many tears for it, though, since their future slate of games other than this release aren't exactly awe inspiring.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1