DS #DSi 0019: Assassin's Creed II: Discovery (USA)

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
What problems..?? I just put it on the microSD and ran it thru Sakura 1.43...!!
huh.gif

Really? So I know it has issues on the DSTT with Ymenu and unofficial latest firmware. It works through Sakura 1.43. Any others?

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Donato_Dobango said:
ether2802 said:
huh.gif

Really? So I know it has issues on the DSTT with Ymenu and unofficial latest firmware. It works through Sakura 1.43. Any others?

Yes:
-Acekard2i (confirmed)
-Acekard2 AKAIO 1.5 (confirmed)
-CycloDS Evolution firmware 1.56 beta 3 (confirmed)
-Supercard DS One without save (not confirmed yet)

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
*sigh*, typical Ubisoft, making shovelware on the DS with the rare occasional serious title, and only using DSi enhancements, however irrelevant that they may be, simply to make the game less piratable.
Actually, seems like they are the only adopters of DSi enhancements for this very reason.

God I hate them.

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
*sigh*, typical Ubisoft, making shovelware on the DS with the rare occasional serious title, and only using DSi enhancements, however irrelevant that they may be, simply to make the game less piratable.
Actually, seems like they are the only adopters of DSi enhancements for this very reason.

God I hate them.

This game is actually good.

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
worlok375 said:
RupeeClock said:

God I hate them.

This game is actually good.

Very very very good. I am very surprised but it's one of the best sidescrollers on the DS.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any Fix for this yet? I got the same problems on my R4 + YSMenu
frown.gif
Always the "Loading Error." Ubisoft's works are Creating the Errors (Anti-Piracy, etc) Just like C.O.P. The Recruit...Although, I know that it'll be Cracked in a few days.

Orusaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hisiru said:
Donato_Dobango said:
ether2802 said:
huh.gif

Yes:
-Acekard2i (confirmed)
-Acekard2 AKAIO 1.5 (confirmed)
-CycloDS Evolution firmware 1.56 beta 3 (confirmed)
-Supercard DS One without save (not confirmed yet)

As I mentioned in my earlier post, supercard ds one is confirmed by me. Turn off save patching and everything works fine. For those not in the know, it still saves, it just has to run a routine wherein it retrieves the save from the cart the next time you boot the cart. The so-called "save saver", which I think we can all agree is an awesome, awesome name.

ramar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can confirm it works with EZ V+, just turned it off after playing for 2 hours, and its a really good sidescroller, I was expecting a letdown, but it really is better than the first
yaynds.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a DSi-Designed game. I don't think the game'll ever work on Original Flashcarts, only DSi Flashcarts will get the Game to work. All we can do now is pray. lol

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Let`s make it clear. IT`S NOT A FULL-FLEDGED DSi GAME! It`s your usual DS game with just ONE OPTIONAL DSi FEATURE. You can take photos of yourself and make them appear on the Wanted! posters on the streets of Venice. THAT`S FREAKING ALL!! This does not affect gameplay. If you have a usual DS ( and this is CONFIRMED by me) when you try to access the feature from the main menu you just get a message that you need a DSi to use this. The whole game is playable and nothing really changes. So it`s the infamous Ubisoft IP if it does not work on your flashcard. My guess is many of the carts can already manage this after the C.O.P.- cracking firmware updates.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ibis_87 said:
Let`s make it clear. IT`S NOT A FULL-FLEDGED DSi GAME! It`s your usual DS game with just ONE OPTIONAL DSi FEATURE. You can take photos of yourself and make them appear on the Wanted! posters on the streets of Venice. THAT`S FREAKING ALL!! This does not affect gameplay. If you have a usual DS ( and this is CONFIRMED by me) when you try to access the feature from the main menu you just get a message that you need a DSi to use this. The whole game is playable and nothing really changes. So it`s the infamous Ubisoft IP if it does not work on your flashcard. My guess is many of the carts can already manage this after the C.O.P.- cracking firmware updates.

Calm down. Like I know so much about Games like Assassin's Creed. I don't know much about Ubisoft nor Assassin's Creed, but I do know one thing - Ubisoft gives us challenges.

Orusaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I am r4ymond said:
It's a DSi-Designed game. I don't think the game'll ever work on Original Flashcarts, only DSi Flashcarts will get the Game to work. All we can do now is pray. lol

Nope. Works fine on a regular ds lite with supercard ds one.

edit: as in, not the i-version of the cart. More importantly, has anyone been able to find out anything about the story in this. I fear it's the same as the main game, in which case I won't play anymore, but it's really good, so I want to. Just can't seem to find any real info on the game.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
Calm down. Like I know so much about Games like Assassin's Creed. I don't know much about Ubisoft nor Assassin's Creed, but I do know one thing - Ubisoft gives us challenges.

Or at least they will until March '10 when they hold their shareholders Q4 meeting to announce that even with the extra R&D time spent adding anti-piracy to their games, their products across all markets are still in decline.

That's why they already have a Roulette Wheel O' Blame department that holds meetings daily to vote on which 10 things they can blame their decline on... Bad economy... Unforeseen changes in video game preferences... anything but sucking the market dry for 4 years with Imagine and Petz games released 3 at a time with changes so minor not even the developers really know what's different.

Yes, I'm a little bitter because all I want is a 2D classic Rayman experience with lush hand drawn graphics and they keep giving us lame Mario Party rip offs and excuses for their own failures blaming us instead of themselves.

Retal

Trophies
XP
Country
just1post said:
Retal, you obviously have no clue and have been spoon-fed lies. XPA are publicly well known to be comprised of P2P users, check their history, check blackcats torrents, even check this post of a Spanish member who also runs a Spanish torrent/rom sharing website (these are just minor examples). If you had any concept of the scene you would know XPA should be the ones to be banned, then again the politics dwells further beyond your comprehension and nothing will happen anyway. BAHAMUT can be perceived as a subpar group and in XPA's shadow, but at least it doesn't deal with p2p. The scene today is nothing like what it used to be, all these lame groups should take a page from the book of the best group ever: r18!
Anyway, this is a really nice game. Assassin's Creed rocks! Good job XPA.There's only one criterion I need to go on, here. That would be this:

BAHAMUTWe are extremely proud to bring you the first real scene release
Anyone who is actually in the scene and yet acknowledges that fact in the first or second person, like they are elated with themselves for it, is analogous to a fourth wall break and serves as irrefutable proof of immense faggotry. Implying acknowledgement of the existence of non-scene releases is also evidence of P2P dabblings, not least of all because they name torrent websites in their NFOs thus also proving their involvement, whether merely as a spectator or otherwise.

Nobody should need any more evidence than that one sentence fragment from one NFO to realise who needs a scene ban around here.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, what is all the commotion about?
unsure.gif
P2P? Scene bans? I'll be the first to ya', I don't know squat about who dumps these games or what benefit they get from it. As far as I'm concerned, there's a ROM fairy who leaves the games for me to find under my pillow in the morning.
wub.gif
But I do know, I appreciate seeing Assassin's Creed 2 DS on the board when I visit. What could be wrong with that? I don't get what all this fuss is about...

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Orusaka said:
I am r4ymond said:

Nope. Works fine on a regular ds lite with supercard ds one.

edit: as in, not the i-version of the cart. More importantly, has anyone been able to find out anything about the story in this. I fear it's the same as the main game, in which case I won't play anymore, but it's really good, so I want to. Just can't seem to find any real info on the game.

What are your options on the patch screen, please?

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
anaxs said:
the graphics are ..ok, heres a screen shot to give u an overview of the graphics
ac2_discovery_2.jpg

Graphics shouldn't matter because it's is a sidescroller/2D platformer. But thanks for the screenshot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson