DS #DSi 0019: Assassin's Creed II: Discovery (USA)

Orusaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hisiru said:
Orusaka said:
I am r4ymond said:
It's a DSi-Designed game. I don't think the game'll ever work on Original Flashcarts, only DSi Flashcarts will get the Game to work. All we can do now is pray. lol

Nope. Works fine on a regular ds lite with supercard ds one.

edit: as in, not the i-version of the cart. More importantly, has anyone been able to find out anything about the story in this. I fear it's the same as the main game, in which case I won't play anymore, but it's really good, so I want to. Just can't seem to find any real info on the game.

What are your options on the patch screen, please?

Disabling save is the only thing that should be relevant, I think. My exact options are enable patch and enable reset, which there's really no point to, because the reset function doesn't work in the dsi games anyway. So basically, turn everything off and it will work. As I stated previously, it will still save without patch save on, it will just have to retrieve the save from the cart the next time you boot.

qodrirnspe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool screenshot, would download, but my site don't do DSi games :/ also Assasin's Creed II only comes out in South Africa IN MARCH!
mad.gif

Posts merged

Cool screenshot, would download, but my site don't do DSi games :/ also Assasin's Creed II only comes out in South Africa IN MARCH!
mad.gif

Posts merged

OOPS double post xD

Popin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rayder said:
Seems to be working fine on a CycloDS 1.56b3......it's a lot better that the first Assassin's Creed, but that isn't saying all that much. Definitely controls, plays and looks better though. Lots of voice acting in this one.
That's good to hear, considering the first one was pretty disappointing. In any case, this is a nice surprise, I'll have to go try this one out.

Edit: It's working on the DS Linker so far, I haven't tried saving but I haven't gotten any white screens yet.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rofl2.gif

As soon as I saw Griptonite Games on the start-up screen, I understood why folks were saying this was a much better game than the first -- and it most certainly is. It's leaps and bounds better than the first. Combat is more simple but tons more satisfying, and they actually managed to implement stealth similar to the console game, even though it's on a 2D plane. Further, the framerate is greatly improved over the first game. This actually feels like an Assassin's Creed game. Man, Griptonite really owns this sort of action sidescroller on DS.

markvn

Trophies
Website
homebrewds.websitemaker.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
It work very well on EZ Flash Vi (RC7).
And if you press wanted, it says: ''You can only use this future on DSi.'' It doesn't crash or anything else (what happens with some other DSi enchanged roms...)
But for which flashcards it doesn't work? Does it work for R4 or not?

Master_B

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hisiru said:
Donato_Dobango said:
ether2802 said:
What problems..?? I just put it on the microSD and ran it thru Sakura 1.43...!!
huh.gif

Really? So I know it has issues on the DSTT with Ymenu and unofficial latest firmware. It works through Sakura 1.43. Any others?

Yes:
-Acekard2i (confirmed)
-Acekard2 AKAIO 1.5 (confirmed)
-CycloDS Evolution firmware 1.56 beta 3 (confirmed)
-Supercard DS One without save (not confirmed yet)

I can confirm that this game also works with "-CycloDS Evolution firmware 1.55 final"

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i guess its gonna take before a fix is fully implemented... i can wait though i was very surprised when i saw this name
the first one deserved atleast 7/10

they say u have to manually apply the arm7.bin patch and then continue playing... i will try it when the rom is download (oops i shouldnt have said tht)

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i havent tried it and can never do it... it works on the no$ emu if u are wanting to play it now (or way of saying "if u want to play it now")
it's much better than before... mixed PoP DS and previous assassin's creed game in one which makes it very nice

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hisiru said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
So, anyone know why the game doesn't work with the DSOnei and only with the regular DSOne?

Enable DMA and patch saver
Yeah, well, that's what I did. I enabled DMA and patch saver (to do that, I had to enable Enable Patch and Patch Speed too) I tried it with ONLY DMA and Patch Saver enabled, too, but neither way works
frown.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
so far no progress at all with the firmware... i can safely say tht no one is working to fix the prob... sadly it is quite a good game, i'd give it 8/10

review (from no$)
there are mainly 3 modes namely normal,stealth, chase
Normal - Move from one point to another u have a choice to kill or not
Stealth - Attack from behind but if caught more than 3x then start over (can even hide in some background objects with a simple but cool animation)
Chase - RUN! from the guards

Fighting - It does not have combos but simple 3 hits but can be blocked (and u can time it to break the block). Counters can also be made with 3d animations shown-which are many (3d animations are also shown for stealth kills)
Movement - More like prince of persia for ds but FASTER... can climb any wall if reachable and no matter what the height is (i mean keep climbing as he hangs on the wall which is useful for stealth kills)
Storyline - Not much here but puts variety in the game

There are also poles,throwing knives and some other things which i have not explored. One important thing is tht u have to remove posters (in which DSi taken photo can be placed) to earn synch points which increase yer hp (and also end of level objectives do the same eg kills, time taken etc)

Great game esp since it is fast paced albeit shorter cuz its a DS action game... A MUST TRY (so prepare a fix)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)