Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
Doggy124 said:
I got an idea!
this hack+DS2DS (file transfer homebrew)

You and your friend (both have flashcart and flashed DS) want to share a small(ie. save/txt) file.
you have DS2DS on your DS but your friend don't have it.
you use this hack which modified to send DS2DS to send the program to your friend
then use DS2DS to tranfer the file you want
grog.gif

I might try this If I have some time.

I tried it and it work very well
grog.gif

This is what I do, first get the DS2DS Homebrew, then dldi patch it (since most of my friend use R4, so I test it with R4 dldi- it should work with other (receiving)cart with its own dldi file)
then use Apache Thunder's method to replace demo file with this homebrew.

and it good to go
grog.gif

You run it, let your friend download it, best way is to let them use DS2DS(acquired by download from yours) to download fresh DS2DS first(not didl patched, which you have on our DS in order to send/receive file)

Here is the file I made
http://rapidshare.com/files/127088262/DS2R4.rar.html

Maybe someone want to edit the text in server file, I'm not good with hex editing

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Trust me the server file is not hard to edit at all. Its not full of stuff you have to sift through! Just give it a shot!

Wait a sec, How did you get DS2DS to work on the client DS without DLDI? Unless you found a EFS compatible DLDI driver? I don't think one exists (sure wish one did, would make running Moonshell via multiboot very easy!) Or does DS2DS on the client not require storage space?

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
Apache Thunder said:
Wait a sec, How did you get DS2DS to work on the client DS without DLDI? Unless you found a EFS compatible DLDI driver? I don't think one exists (sure wish one did, would make running Moonshell via multiboot very easy!) Or does DS2DS on the client not require storage space?

I pre patch them before put them in the DS Download station.
so it will work for only one type of cart (this case, R4)

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
Is there a program to re-compress demo?
I want to try to compress homebrew and replace it with original demo.

them choose it from download station menu

if it work, then I will try to figure how to rename it to show the home brew name.

btw, this is what I made, this hack+ DS2DS, now working with more (receiver)carts
http://www.uploadd.com/download.aspx?pku=1...J68O4O69C3BROSS

Ruud91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lol this works very well, but only to bad i don't have a flashed ds
frown.gif
(don't want to do it because i dont know how and what the pros of it are)

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Well flashing the DS shouldn't be hard at all. Just google Flashme (or search this forum) and you will easilly find the instructions on how to do it. As long as you don't have Parkinson's Disease you shouldn't have trouble doing it!
biggrin.gif

Doggy124 said:
btw, this is what I made, this hack+ DS2DS, now working with more (receiver)carts
http://www.uploadd.com/download.aspx?pku=1...J68O4O69C3BROSS

For the love of god, use a different file host. Thats the SLOWEST file host I have EVER downloaded from! I have 3mbit/s download bandwith and I getting less then 14kbp/s out that site! I practically gave up on trying to download it.

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
Ruud91 said:
lol thought the same from that host, and thanks for the tip I think i will flash it in the afternoon.

oh...sorry, I didn't realize that, but the upload speed is pretty fast

btw, Can someone test the DS2R4 file?
Today I test it with my friend flashed DS and it freeze.
Don't know if I do something wrong

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I just now tested it with DLDI drivers for my Max Media Dock (MMD is attached to client DS) and the whole thing worked perfactly. I put your DS2DS rom into my EU vesion of the DL Station rom, since that allows multble homebrew selection without the need to upload a a demo menu srl file to the client. (the homebrew just show up individually in the client DS's Multiboot menu)

It has to be either the DLDI drivers you used or the version of the Download station rom your using.

Anyway I noticed that the DLDI for your R4 has "v2" at the end of the name, Did you try v1 (or one wihout a "v2" at the end of it).

Perhaps DS2DS doesn't access slot-1 cards properly when started in this manner? I'd test this on my Datel Games 'n' Music, but I can't seem to find it anywhere (my room is a mess lol) Unless I can get the rom to boot on my MMD (which I have yet to succeed at ), then I won't really beable to test my N-Card. (since it would have to stay on the server DS)

But for my MMD it works just fine.

I don't have an R4, so I can't really fix the problem. Sorry.

TSPhoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
So this method can't be used on non-Flashed DSes with homebrew because there is no key or whatever, but what about regular games. LOL is only 2.5MB is when trimmed, would that work?

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
TSPhoenix said:
So this method can't be used on non-Flashed DSes with homebrew because there is no key or whatever, but what about regular games. LOL is only 2.5MB is when trimmed, would that work?

I don't know but why would anyone do that?
Why not broadcast from the rom itself?

except you want to play in a separate group
blink.gif

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

No this will only work with hombrew and homebrew games. All retail games are just too large even after trimming. (the file size limit is around 1.2mb for this stuff)

Also I tested this on my N-Card now that it runs on my MMD and it doesn't freeze, but it fails to access the N-Card, so it looks like the DS2DS can't access slot-1 cards from a slot-2/internal ram device. Its more of a limitation of the homebrew it self and not the method we're using. But I only tested this one one slot-1 card. Doggy124 has an R4 and may get different results then me.

And as for why he wanted to try retail games, probably because he has a particular game that doesn't have a one cart only multiplayer mode (as in, it only supporst two DS's that has the game)

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
For Vol1 USA for me I can see (after unpacking) a empty folder named "data"; where are you seeing the srl files?

Whats the # for the European version?

TSPhoenix said:
LOL is only 2.5MB is when trimmed, would that work?
For me LOL after trimming (With R4DS-ROM-Trimmer-2.0) is only 2.03 MB.

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Currently I am now working with a European Download Station (the one that has the Meteo and Polerium demos). Those store the srl files in the data directory instead of a data\stats or data\mb folders.

You didn't unpack it right or you don't have the right rom, since there supposed to be a data\ds_demo folder and a data\mb folder. Both of which have verious files in them.

playallday

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Apache Thunder said:
You didn't unpack it right or you don't have the right rom, since there supposed to be a data\ds_demo folder and a data\mb folder. Both of which have verious files in them.
I'm using the one that Doggy124 posted. I unpacked it with DSLazy; What did you unpack it with?

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
playallday said:
Apache Thunder said:
I'm using the one that Doggy124 posted. I unpacked it with DSLazy; What did you unpack it with?

Problem solved.
We have a little communication error.
rolleyes.gif

playallday

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Doggy124 said:
playallday said:
Apache Thunder said:

Problem solved.
We have a little communication error.
rolleyes.gif
Yours didn't have the rom in it
wacko.gif
? I've used ds_download_station_vol_1_loader as well and it didn't work
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative