hova1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It was promised at the Nintendo Fall Conference, and lo, it has come to pass: Japanese Wii owners can now download DS demos via their Wii. It's part of the just-launched Everyone's Nintendo Channel, which also sees things like Wii trailers and a buyer feedback form (with global stat-tracking, of course) made available directly over the console. It's Japan-only for now, but if you'd like to begin a blue-light vigil in your living room we're not going to stop you.
Everyone's Nintendo Channel [Nintendo] via Kotaku

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
/turns on Japanese Wii
tongue.gif

jbondsr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloading...............now.
biggrin.gif

Been checking the Japanese website and the Shopping channel everyday this month.

*Edit: I don't know. I think somethings wrong. I can surf the internet and access the Shopping channel just fine, but the new channel doesn't seem to want to connect. Maybe since its only hours old, way too many people are trying to access it.

*Edir 2: Wow. Cool. Miyamoto. Streaming video works pretty well. No stuttering. (Probably cause I'm in Japan with fiber optici nternet....) You can adjust settings on it as well. Didn't test this much yet though.
DS Demos download work really well. Just click, it downloads to your Wii, then continually broadcasts the demo until you back out of the current game screen.
Works on both DS Phat and DS Lite just fine.

Mieki

Trophies
XP
Country
Read somewhere on DS Fanboy about a patch on Pokemon? What's the patch all about and how does the DS apply it?

jbondsr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read somewhere on DS Fanboy about a patch on Pokemon? What's the patch all about and how does the DS apply it?

I'm not 100% sure, since I haven't played too much of the pokemon diamond or pearl, but the download thing from the Wii says that it's some program to repair some certificate from a wall that won't come off (return).
I have no idea what this is referring to, but it seems to be for the Japanese cartridge, as its requesting that you reboot your DS and insert the pokemon cartridge before loading up the program/patch.

BigX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
cool I am waiting for this channel on my wii since launch time :-)

[EDIT]
QUOTE said:
hm... you don't need one
You'll need one if you want to patch a copy of that Pokemon game...
But still Demo, Videos and stuff? I can hardly wait

jbondsr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how does this work?
You open it, and you turn on the Download Play on the DS and play the demo?

Yup.
Just go into the channel on the Wii, go to where the DS demos are, select a game, wait for it to load, then go to your DS, hit download play, and you're ready to go.

Works just like a DS Demo station right in your own home.

teonintyfive

Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
So how does this work?
You open it, and you turn on the Download Play on the DS and play the demo?

Yup.
Just go into the channel on the Wii, go to where the DS demos are, select a game, wait for it to load, then go to your DS, hit download play, and you're ready to go.

Works just like a DS Demo station right in your own home.
I see.
I've never went to a DS Demo Station.

Probably because Greece doesn't have one
wub.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.