Hacking DS backups without downgrading Gateway

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I heard somewhere that it is possible to play DS backups on the 3DS without downgrading to 4.x
Is this true? Supposidly its something to do with an CIA file. If it is possible, can someone explain it to me?

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont think that is what im looking for. It didnt mention cfw at all

that would also work if you installed it in sysnand with gateway and bigbluemenu.3ds
although you would need to use a sd card that doesn't have emunand so it will boot GW mode into sysnand

LameNobody

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: Liberty

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I do have a gateway. Sysnand 9.0, EmuNAND 9.5. I just want to be able to play old ds games on the 3ds, preferably without buying a DS flashcard, or the dangerous downgrading

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I do have a gateway. Sysnand 9.0, EmuNAND 9.5. I just want to be able to play old ds games on the 3ds, preferably without buying a DS flashcard, or the dangerous downgrading
You can't eat a cake and still have it, you have to make the dip either way. I'd personally recommend grabbing a DSTwo, but if you don't want to spend a dime, you'll have to downgrade or install CFW.

LameNobody

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can't eat a cake and still have it, you have to make the dip either way. I'd personally recommend grabbing a DSTwo, but if you don't want to spend a dime, you'll have to downgrade or install CFW.

You don't have to downgrade, since he has a gateway he can grab a clean sd (with no emunand) put GW's launcher on it, run bigbluemenu from the gw card, install the ds mode unbloker cia
It just needs to be installed to sysnand

Reactions: Margen67

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You don't have to downgrade, since he has a gateway he can grab a clean sd (with no emunand) put GW's launcher on it, run bigbluemenu from the gw card, install the ds mode unbloker cia
It just needs to be installed to sysnand
I treat any modification of SysNAND as a CFW of sorts, that's what the C stands for - custom.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i know people like the DSTWO.....but guys....they are pretty much all gone, virtually all the reputable resellers are clean out of stock, and supercard aren't making any more

best advice is to just install the flashcard timewarp file to sysnand, make a nand backup first if your scared or something, but not 1 person has bricked their system by using flashcard time warp, i installed it on my n3DS even and it works fine.....and should you ever want to remove it, you can restore your original nand backup from the gateway menu
basically you will be able to use the blue card that came with your gateway in sysnand, so no additional purchases/flashcards needed and it takes like 1 minute to install

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality