DS backups without downgrading Gateway

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Dotmore, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Dotmore
    OP

Dotmore GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    I heard somewhere that it is possible to play DS backups on the 3DS without downgrading to 4.x
    Is this true? Supposidly its something to do with an CIA file. If it is possible, can someone explain it to me?

2. LameNobody

LameNobody Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada
  3. Dotmore
    OP

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    I dont think that is what im looking for. It didnt mention cfw at all

4. LameNobody

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada
    that would also work if you installed it in sysnand with gateway and bigbluemenu.3ds
    although you would need to use a sd card that doesn't have emunand so it will boot GW mode into sysnand

5. Liberty

Liberty GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 22, 2008
    Gambia, The
  6. LameNobody

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada

Yeah, the only way you'll be able to play is with a ds mode flashcart.. I had just assumed you had a gateway which was stupid of me.

Here is a list of currently working flashcarts: http://pongupdates.wordpress.com/flashcards-working-on-3ds/

Liberty likes this.
  7. Dotmore
    OP

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    I do have a gateway. Sysnand 9.0, EmuNAND 9.5. I just want to be able to play old ds games on the 3ds, preferably without buying a DS flashcard, or the dangerous downgrading

8. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    You can't eat a cake and still have it, you have to make the dip either way. I'd personally recommend grabbing a DSTwo, but if you don't want to spend a dime, you'll have to downgrade or install CFW.

9. LameNobody

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada

You don't have to downgrade, since he has a gateway he can grab a clean sd (with no emunand) put GW's launcher on it, run bigbluemenu from the gw card, install the ds mode unbloker cia
    It just needs to be installed to sysnand

Margen67 likes this.
  10. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I treat any modification of SysNAND as a CFW of sorts, that's what the C stands for - custom.

11. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    Buy a DSTWO

12. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    i know people like the DSTWO.....but guys....they are pretty much all gone, virtually all the reputable resellers are clean out of stock, and supercard aren't making any more

best advice is to just install the flashcard timewarp file to sysnand, make a nand backup first if your scared or something, but not 1 person has bricked their system by using flashcard time warp, i installed it on my n3DS even and it works fine.....and should you ever want to remove it, you can restore your original nand backup from the gateway menu
    basically you will be able to use the blue card that came with your gateway in sysnand, so no additional purchases/flashcards needed and it takes like 1 minute to install

13. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    OP needs to link the site he read about this so called miracle worker, other than that its been posted.