DS #5201: Ougon no Taiyou: Shikkokunaru Yoake (Japan)

doku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if anyone's posted this already but I'm running this almost fine on my DSi with AKAIO 1.8.1 after the first try. The first time, it black screened after putting my name in at the naming screen. Rebooted without changing the name this time and it went through the intro and I seemed to be playing it just fine. Fast forward to after being tutored on how to equip stuff and save where you're in the house, I open up the menu and decide "I can't really do anything in the menu right now actually so I'll close it." Next thing I know, I get thrown into a battle without a sword against this large wooden machine tricked out to look like a three headed dragon. This happens every time you close the menu. Isaac's kid doesn't even stand a chance. I've tried running around without going into the menu to see if I can progress anymore. The green haired girl blocks you off from leaving the house and examining things around the house just constantly gives you coins over and over again probably saying how big of a jew you are in Japanese. If you go upstairs you can look through the telescope which instead puts you in this completely black room with what I'm guessing is the texture of the sun and landscape that you're supposed to see normally through the telescope. I would say you can't go any further than this.

The folks at Camelot must be really funny people... or maybe just evil.

Haloboy47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, I want to say that Doku is lovely. Golden Sun is the best game ever. I spent so much time on it as a kid. Remember Reach.

Jarutais

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope someone works on a rom in order to disable this anti piracy...
frown.gif

They did it so fast with spirit tracks
closedeyes.gif

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Phazon13 said:
Just gonna play the jap version to see how it looks like. I've already pre-ordered it so let's wait untill 10th of december:)
Same here, played through the epilogue (like a demo version), then deleted it. Now waiting for my copy to arrive in December.
biggrin.gif

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
doku said:
Not sure if anyone's posted this already but I'm running this almost fine on my DSi with AKAIO 1.8.1 after the first try. The first time, it black screened after putting my name in at the naming screen. Rebooted without changing the name this time and it went through the intro and I seemed to be playing it just fine. Fast forward to after being tutored on how to equip stuff and save where you're in the house, I open up the menu and decide "I can't really do anything in the menu right now actually so I'll close it." Next thing I know, I get thrown into a battle without a sword against this large wooden machine tricked out to look like a three headed dragon. This happens every time you close the menu. Isaac's kid doesn't even stand a chance. I've tried running around without going into the menu to see if I can progress anymore. The green haired girl blocks you off from leaving the house and examining things around the house just constantly gives you coins over and over again probably saying how big of a jew you are in Japanese. If you go upstairs you can look through the telescope which instead puts you in this completely black room with what I'm guessing is the texture of the sun and landscape that you're supposed to see normally through the telescope. I would say you can't go any further than this.

The folks at Camelot must be really funny people... or maybe just evil.
You're doing it wrong! You're supposed to "use" a sort of book, showing some weird shizzle about the first game. About how Jenna, Issaac and Garet find out about Saturos and Menardi, and Jenna getting kidnapped, etc. It's funny to see the art.
biggrin.gif

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Berthenk said:
Giga_Gaia said:
What's the point of this one? The US release is merely a month away.
What's the point of releasing the English version of a game in Japan? Oh wait, there is none. The Japanese version is not supposed to be play outside of the places where people speak Japanese. You should consider yourself lucky that you're able to play the Japanese version, not whine about why the English version ain't out yet or that "there ain't no fucking point to fucking release this because the fucking US release is merely a fucking month away". Seriously, what's wrong with you? Without the guys at Camelot we wouldn't be and wouldn't have been able to enjoy Dark Dawn and the first two games.

You didn't understand what I said because you are either a kid, a troll or incredibly stupid. What I meant is that there is no point of playing the japanese version when the US release is a month away.

In other words, wait for the US version instead of playing this.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Giga_Gaia said:
Berthenk said:
Giga_Gaia said:
What's the point of this one? The US release is merely a month away.
What's the point of releasing the English version of a game in Japan? Oh wait, there is none. The Japanese version is not supposed to be play outside of the places where people speak Japanese. You should consider yourself lucky that you're able to play the Japanese version, not whine about why the English version ain't out yet or that "there ain't no fucking point to fucking release this because the fucking US release is merely a fucking month away". Seriously, what's wrong with you? Without the guys at Camelot we wouldn't be and wouldn't have been able to enjoy Dark Dawn and the first two games.

You didn't understand what I said because you are either a kid, a troll or incredibly stupid. What I meant is that there is no point of playing the japanese version when the US release is a month away.

In other words, wait for the US version instead of playing this.
Or learn japanese and play it. O:

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Seriously Camelot was kind enough to give every kanji in this game even its reading so that even incredibly lazy people capable of reading hiragana and katakana only can understand dialogues in this game.
I mean this is the first game I see that has this incredible feature so stop whining about the non presence of english and learn japanese instead which makes fun anyways.

Ephidiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
must have had some old settings on my acekard2i that hindered me from playing this game
after completly removing akaio 1.8.1 files and putting a clean one on the card it finally works °__°

MaxiPower90

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gillman said:
I think M3 Real might be able to run it with this now.

http://filetrip.net/f22034-M3-NineTail-r6.html

Im new to cards and all that but i do have a M3 ds real card, now when i download this, were does it go? like ii extracted it onto the card and didnt do anything whatsoever... maybe im using it wrong tho

gillman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaxiPower90 said:
gillman said:

Im new to cards and all that but i do have a M3 ds real card, now when i download this, were does it go? like ii extracted it onto the card and didnt do anything whatsoever... maybe im using it wrong tho

I can confirm that it definitely works.

What you want to do first is format your card because Wood M3 needs to have unfragmented saves on it. So you can drag your data off of the card, format the card, and then drag the data back on.

The second thing you need to do is put the latest Sakura firmware on the card, get it here. To do this put the folder named SYSTEM on the root of the card.

The third thing you need to do is put the Nine Tail firmware on the card and tell windows to Copy over all the files when it asks if it should. To do this put all of the files inside the folder named "m3_ninetail" onto the root of the card.

When you Start the DS it will load up Sakura so select the "woodm3.nds" file to load up the Wood firmware.

The author also left some instructions on how to get the firmware to work.

Credit goes to Xenon for making this amazing combination of firmware, and for updating it so quickly after WOOD 1.15 was released.

grape_garden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gillman said:
MaxiPower90 said:
gillman said:

I can confirm that it definitely works.

What you want to do first is format your card because Wood M3 needs to have unfragmented saves on it. So you can drag your data off of the card, format the card, and then drag the data back on.

The second thing you need to do is put the latest Sakura firmware on the card, get it here. To do this put the folder named SYSTEM on the root of the card.

The third thing you need to do is put the Nine Tail firmware on the card and tell windows to Copy over all the files when it asks if it should. To do this put all of the files inside the folder named "m3_ninetail" onto the root of the card.

When you Start the DS it will load up Sakura so select the "woodm3.nds" file to load up the Wood firmware.

The author also left some instructions on how to get the firmware to work.

Credit goes to Xenon for making this amazing combination of firmware, and for updating it so quickly after WOOD 1.15 was released.

Yup, just here to confirm that Golden Sun work after installing this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: