DS #5174: Final Fantasy - The Four Heroes of Light (USA)

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
If you had talked to every NPC like anyone would on a classic RPG (which this tried to imitate) you'd know you need a Torch, and you'd also know some other battle tips.
Yeah, I should've done that, but I was tired last night and wanted to check this out before bed. I only fought like two battles before the Minotaur. I still hate the art style and music regardless, though.

And actually, one of the things I liked about the original FF (which I've played through several times) is that you barely need to chat with NPCs, you can actually find out where to go by simply wandering and exploring.

Daath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not that bad, but after a couple of hours I have to say that the storyline is.......too simple? I mean.....the heroes come home to find that disaster has stricken their hometown, and nobody seems to care that much. Even the two who leave on a quest to find a cure don't seem to be particularly motivated about it.

It's like they've written the big lines of a cliché rpg storyline, and kept it at that level.

Malgamus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far I like the game. Sure the story is fairly cliche but I kinda like it. Aire is so spoiled and I find that amusing. I haven't had to grind too much yet though I need to do some before taking on the 3rd boss again.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Daath said:
Not that bad, but after a couple of hours I have to say that the storyline is.......too simple? I mean.....the heroes come home to find that disaster has stricken their hometown, and nobody seems to care that much. Even the two who leave on a quest to find a cure don't seem to be particularly motivated about it.

It's like they've written the big lines of a cliché rpg storyline, and kept it at that level.
It's done like that on purpose
tongue.gif

Daath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe the mistake was letting the characters talk. It feels like they should be a little more reactive to what happens around them.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
After killing the witch and return to the village, i first walk to the castle, then 2 members leave.
after that i have no idea were to get (the dessert maybe?) any idea?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've kinda had an about face of sorts with this game. I was really, really looking forward to it, especially after coming off of DQIX, but it was sketchy there for the first bit. However, I think everything's starting to click now. Seems Boost doesn't just regenerate AP, it also functions as blocking, which is very cool. And yeah, you do, indeed, get the ability to run away from battle fairly early into the game.

I'm digging it. Still not a huge fan of not being able to choose which monster I want party members to attack, but it's doable. I really like the simplicity of the AP system, though. For all intents and purposes, you could easily go without most replenishing items because of the way the system works, which is what I really liked about DQIX late into the game (with Hpathy and Mpathy).

Best of all, it has the FF presentation I want. I'm not big into the whole teen-angst thing. I just want a simple, lighthearted story with fun gameplay. This seems to be more of what I'm looking for in an RPG.

queven10

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowSoldier said:
magicksun said:
Takanato said:
magicksun said:
zruben said:
why all the fuss about the intros?

if you don't like it... just press A... and that's it.
it's becouse they don't want to lose time , or her button A don't work , maybe they didn't see the time they lose in the games , and they cry for the seconds for that intro ,
hate2.gif

Ungrateful people..The dude cracked the rom for us and all you intro haters of Venom be bitching like 6 year olds whose lollipops keep dropping on the floor. Man..people are so sad..smh.
yeahhh , if the rom is clean we are angry becouse no one releas a patch , and when the rom works soo good , the are ungrateful
lecture.gif

Not to mention someone already posted on HOW to get rid of that intro... I personally like the Xenom intro that was used for DQIX. I loved that little tune.

When the room is dark and quiet, that tune can be the most scaring thing in your life!

queven10

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LIKAAA SOMEBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEE

ravant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't understand why the Archive size is 512 mb and somehow the rom is randomly only 42mb in size. This doesn't make any sense. Even trimmed and cracked games are usually a little under their marks 64/128/264/512 etc, for example a 128mb rom gets trimmed to say 118mb.

Edit: Is it because the graphics look like someone threw up all over my DS? :/

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ravant said:
I really don't understand why the Archive size is 512 mb and somehow the rom is randomly only 42mb in size. This doesn't make any sense. Even trimmed and cracked games are usually a little under their marks 64/128/264/512 etc, for example a 128mb rom gets trimmed to say 118mb.

Megabit =/= Megabyte.

You're thinking of Megabytes.

I don't understand the math behind this, but every release notes posted are in Megabit's. Which isn't the same as megabit.

All I know is Megabit is a higher number than Megabytes.

BionicC

Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
ravant said:

Megabit =/= Megabyte.

I don't understand the math behind this, but every release notes posted are in Megabit's. Which isn't the same as megabit.

Megabits / 8 = megabytes

So in this case, 512Mb / 8 = 64MB. Once the ROM is stripped further, you end up with the ROM's filesize of 42MB.

(Note that megabits is abbreviated as Mb, and megabytes is MB -- that's important to avoid confusion!)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BionicC said:
ShadowSoldier said:
ravant said:

Megabit =/= Megabyte.

Megabits / 8 = megabytes

So in this case, 512Mb / 8 = 64MB. Once the ROM is stripped further, you end up with the ROM's filesize of 42MB.

(Note that megabits is abbreviated as Mb, and megabytes is MB -- that's important to avoid confusion!)

Understood. But what's not understood, is why they use Mb in the description and stuff, and not MB... is there a reason behind that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0