DS #5174: Final Fantasy - The Four Heroes of Light (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by luke_c, Oct 7, 2010.

1. gifi4

gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Apr 21, 2010
    Melbourne
    Still haven't started this yet, lol.

2. KuRensan

KuRensan aka Pearbook

Apr 27, 2009
    Netherlands
    Somewhere in the sky
    Doesn't work on my acekard 21 akaio 1.7.1 after character naming there's a freeze

3. pichon64

pichon64 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 21, 2009
    Uruguay
    There's a clean (untrimmered and, of course, unpatched) version making the rounds. With AKAIO v1.7.1 there's a save issue. But it works fine with Supercard DSTwo.

4. Goli

Goli RPG

Jul 16, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Well, they don't have it in their top ten now but when FFCCMLAAK, FFCCEOT, FFCCMLAAD and FFCCTCB were released, all of them were on the top ten for quite a while. Same with FFXIII for 360.

5. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Former Staff
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    It's definitely a bit different so far than what I was expecting. The difficulty seems about on par with what I expected, but the simplicity of the battle menu gives me some pause. No option to guard, no option to run, and you can't choose which enemy to attack. I don't know...I think maybe they streamlined it a bit too much. Still, it's Matrix, so I'll give it at least a good 10 hours before I throw in the towel.

6. evening

evening GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2009
    Canada
    Rokenjima
    You get the runaway option after you get the first crown.

I love the graphics, it's like wandering through a watercolour painting.

7. plasmatron

plasmatron GBAtemp Fan

Jul 22, 2004
    Gambia, The
    Yes matey! God old BOMNB THE FUCKIN BASS CRU !!!
    I havto fire p WINUAE [​IMG]

8. SignZ

SignZ Timelord

Jul 16, 2008
    Germany
    According to Amazon and the NFO of Final_Fantasy_The_Four_Heroes_of_Light_EUR_NDS-ABSTRAKT it's English only. :/

9. CrimzonEyed

CrimzonEyed GBAtemp Addict

Sep 3, 2007
    There is no other way to see if you have gems? o.O

10. luke_c
    OP

luke_c Big Boss

Jun 16, 2008
    Land of England
    Added NFO.

11. Trademark3001

Trademark3001 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 17, 2009
    Canada
    Havent tried it yet. =/ i dunno. i dont like Final Fantasy Games on DS. Hope this one will be better.

12. CrimzonEyed

CrimzonEyed GBAtemp Addict

Sep 3, 2007
    Had my first random freeze with Wood R4. right outside the cave on my way back with the princess.
    happend in combat when i got a critical strike. (i have crited befor without freeze)

13. SixtySixHundred

SixtySixHundred GBAtemp Fan

May 21, 2010
    Eternia!
    You can see all your gems by going to the crowns menu for your characters and selecting to enhance the crown. There you'll see how many gems you've collected.

EDIT: Doesn't really matter if you're getting random freezes, sorry.

14. Erdnaxela

Erdnaxela GBAtemp Fan

Nov 8, 2009
    France
    Yup i tried this one and it's english only, well that's too bad for us, PAL fail again.

15. CrazyPuzzler

CrazyPuzzler Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2009
    Netherlands
    does anyone know where the 8 hidden items are in the first town?

16. Pablo3DS

Pablo3DS GBAtemp Regular

Oct 3, 2010
    Brazil
    The is simple, nice, hard, beautiful, and strategic
    Play this game!!

Hmmm... a question, when Runefactory 3 is launch?

17. stefan_skellen

stefan_skellen Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2007
    Switzerland
    Same here, in the hometown, exiting inn.
    Using venom rom with intro removed if it matters.

18. Goli

Goli RPG

Jul 16, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Agreed!
    It launches on November 9th.

19. PeregrinFig

PeregrinFig A miserable little pile of secrets

Jun 18, 2010
    United States
    Michigan
    Ok, so I had high expectations of this game. Then I tried it. Thought the character art looked odd, and the colors seemed a bit too dark, hoped this would change once the game started. Well, it didn't, and the graphical style turns me off massively to this game. I find the music so far to be incredibly underwhelming. The tune in the first town can't compare to a normal FF town tune. The tunes on the overworld and in battle don't fit well either. Anyways, I started the game and went to the king, who told me to go kill some witch to the north and save his princess daughter, who I named earlier. So I walk to the north into the most ridiculously dark cave I have ever seen in a video game. I have to squint and stare hard at the screen to see the walls. (I hope there's a torch or something that I can get) Then I go to the second floor. One of the guys I named pops out of nowhere basically saying "You need magic!", and then I'm attacked by a Minotaur, which easily wiped the floor with my two party members, sending my main character back to town alone. This is when I turned off the game.

Am I just being too harsh? I might give this game another chance tonight, but I have difficulty being patient with it when the art style and music turn me off to it so much.

20. Goli

Goli RPG

Jul 16, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    If you had talked to every NPC like anyone would on a classic RPG (which this tried to imitate) you'd know you need a Torch, and you'd also know some other battle tips.