DS #5174: Final Fantasy - The Four Heroes of Light (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by luke_c, Oct 7, 2010.

1. JoshuaS153

JoshuaS153 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 5, 2009
    Australia
    what carts is this confirmed working on?
    I will test it on Sakura and touch-pod if no-one else has...

2. Zoroark1989

Zoroark1989 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2010
    United States
    Works perfectly on my DS2 [​IMG]

3. mad567

mad567 D. Gregar

Aug 30, 2007
    Greece
    London, UK
    I'll give it a try........
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Adeus

Adeus Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2007
    since venom released it the file is stripped and with a cracktro. so more or less most card should work.

5. mrgone

mrgone old man

Nov 6, 2002
    Germany
    close to the oktoberfest
    hm, in fact, i did.
    of course, intros & trainers also existed on snes, megadrive, gamegear.
    at least i saw some on these systems.

i did not see an introed nes game, though.

check out [hI]-Versions of some roms (i know shadowrun had an intro)
    even some megadrive games had intros

6. Clookster

Clookster Your Clookster

Banned
    Aug 20, 2009
    Swaziland
    Suisse Romande
    Errr. Just one really stupid question... The EUR-ROM won't contain other languages as english? The game is not translated? Then it's useless to wait for the EUR-ROM..?

7. funem

funem Retro Powered..

Nov 4, 2006
    United Kingdom
    out of nowhere....
    From the trailers I have seen of the game ( not got round to giving it a go yet ) the graphics look like Final Fantasy set in Animal Crossing DS world….

8. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    a great game release... this game made me think
    did u notice that almost every console which has a "final fantasy" has one of their games in the top ten?
    from gamefaqs (as some call it a nintendo forum)
    eg. DS - this game (although i thought prev there was ff4 and ff3... pokemon domination)
    iPhone - FF1 and FF2 (even beats angry birds)
    PC - FF14 (just released i guess)
    PS2 - FF12 and 10 (top 2)
    PS3 - FF13 (the only ff on it)
    PSP - Dissidia FF (technically it has the FF name)
    GBA - FF1, 2, 6 Advance and Tactics
    SNES - FF3, 2 and 5 (ff3 even beats zelda on a nintendo console... cataclysm)

the consoles which do not have are wii and xbox

the question is why? anywayz this game is really different from what SE has produced in terms of FF and hoping to see it deliver
    PS - Few ppl viewing compared to black and white

9. lolzed

lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Sep 13, 2008
    There
    broken NFO?
    Just sayin'

10. br0br0

br0br0 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009

True dat,.. . .. Nice throw back jam, scene style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6jNosHmHG8&t=0m53s

11. gifi4

gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Apr 21, 2010
    Melbourne
  12. Man18

Man18 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 6, 2007
    United States
    Florida
    i love noobs just stick 2 together and motor boat that shit

13. SixtySixHundred

SixtySixHundred GBAtemp Fan

May 21, 2010
    Eternia!
    Right, I love this game but I've been playing for a while and the only money I've made came from selling Gems and 1000Gil I found in a chest in the 'Moonlight Tower'.

Is it normal to not get Gil for winning battles? Or is that some sort of problem? I doubt it's Anti-Piracy as I'm using a DSTwo, but something doesn't feel right about it...

14. Malgamus

Malgamus Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2008
    United States
    Monster don't drop money, you have to sell the items or gems you get to make money.

15. CrimzonEyed

CrimzonEyed GBAtemp Addict

Sep 3, 2007
    When i have battled and the loot screen shows, how do i loot the gems? do i need a special bag to be able to loot gems? i have not been able to loot gems so far. (i think... havn't seen any gems in inventory)

16. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Purgatory
    It shows them when you sell at the shop.

17. darkfhang

darkfhang Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2008
    United States

I like how my post is one of the least whiny about the cracktro, yet you decide to quote me as if I'm bawling my eyes out over it. I even said in my previous post that while I don't *like* cracktros, I can deal. And even in the post you quote, I'm talking about some of the old obnoxious *GBA* intros, on games that didn't need cracking. And how a lot of the intros BACK THEN (that I can remember) were MORE annoying than the ones nowadays. And some of them you couldn't just instantly skip. As for ones lately? The DQ9 one was pretty cool. The one on this one? Eh, the music is good, but I don't care for the pulsating text. Hard on the eyes.

It's not like I'm going ZOMG I HATE INTROZ FUCK YOU VENOM I HATE YOU. Sheesh, you sound like you take it as a personal insult that I dislike intros. All the information about who cracked/dumped it is usually in the .nfo (and yes, I actually do look at the .nfo file), I don't see the need to put an intro on it as an epeen enhancer. *shrug* Part of my dislike for them probably just comes from how flashy and gaudy they tend to be. Bouncing pulsating text, music, flashing lights, whatever. Like, WHEE LOOK AT ME. Why not something more professional? Look at certain rom translations, like Mother 3, and a few others. Professional looking and some wouldn't necessarily be out of place in an actual game, just something like an extra company logo at startup.

For example, here's a recent one (even by Venom). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjsmxiySaVc

If they want you to read it, why make it so hard to read? Everything bouncing and moving all over the place, trying to read it gives me a headache.

It's not that I don't appreciate what these guys do. I appreciate the games getting dumped and cracked. It's just... nobody really bothers looking at the intros anyway, they just skip them. It just strikes me as... well, why bother? It's just them marking their territory I guess. And shoutouts to other "scene" people. Meh, whatever.

It's not really a big deal either way, I just skip it immediately without looking at it like everyone else, that's just my opinions on the matter. If you don't like them, too bad, you may resume your disgust of me and my opinions and resume flaming.

18. SixtySixHundred

SixtySixHundred GBAtemp Fan

May 21, 2010
    Eternia!
    Use the Gems with crowns and they show up in shops when you select 'Sell'.

It makes sense that Monsters don't drop cash, (WTF does a monster need money for anyway?) it's just a bit different to most FF games.

Cheers for clearing that up for me. I can continue my journey now! [​IMG]

19. CrimzonEyed

CrimzonEyed GBAtemp Addict

Sep 3, 2007
    bah and I'm stuck in school with social studies untill 16:00 (13:19 now)
    I wan't to continue my great adventure [​IMG]

20. Dionysus

Dionysus GBAtemp Regular

Apr 15, 2009
    I saw what you did there [​IMG]