DS #4998: Digimon Story - Lost Evolution (Japan)

Lord Patamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well on Desmume 0.9.6 the game has no issues, I already unlocked another set of maps that are the ones with the moonlight city.

I played first on NO$GBA but starting after the fireworks part when the characters move to the next screen I got a black screen. Then I put it on Desmume 0.9.6 and it worked there without problems, after I got to a part where I could control the character I saved and put the game on NO$GBA again and it did worked, I played most of it there till before unlocking the moonlight city area maps because when I changed screen again the game gave a black screen but oddly enough only in the bottom one, while the top one kept showing movement of the farm and even the digimon there when used the farm goods and did it right they got their stats increased.

But not like it would make any good since I couldn't save.

So yeah, it is AP, that's for sure but what kind? that I don't know.

For now I will play in Desmume. it is slower for me (my PC has a one core processor) but is better than nothing.

AsPika2219

Pikachu going beach!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
For playing on desmume, here the step!

1. Change FRAME SKIP to 9! Turn off the Sound Setting plus choose Synchronize options.

2. For display, choose software rasterizer.

That's all! I also play this game. What ever is slow, but it can play perfectly without any problem.

blazeitup52

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the patched version keeps freezing for me. I can get my starter digimon, but after i put 5 in my team and leave, i get in one battle and afterwards it just freezes. I updated my edge card to v1.11.

is there like an action replay code that i can use

blazeitup52

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thats how it worked for chrono trigger lol.

SOOO i have tried about a million times, and i finally made some progress. I guess if you use a completely CLEAN version of the game and updated firmware, it works fine.

before updating my firmware, without patch = i couldnt access the menus and i couldn't make it to the next screen

after updating my firmware, with patch = i could access the menus, save, get all 5 starter digimon, and it would freeze

after updating my firmware, patch free(had to look really hard to find a clean version) = i haven't frozen yet. another difference is I left ONE digimon at the farm this time rather than bringing them all with me. sometimes, the game will act a little screwy, like it will keep moving but the buttons don't do anything... or the text will go ultra fast(i actually like it when that happens)... all i have to do is press the touch screen and it goes back to normal.

so if you are still having problems, update your firmware 100 percent and don't use the patch(I guess about half of the versions out there come pre-patched). its working really good so far.

hellfire789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lord Patamon said:
Well on Desmume 0.9.6 the game has no issues, I already unlocked another set of maps that are the ones with the moonlight city.

I played first on NO$GBA but starting after the fireworks part when the characters move to the next screen I got a black screen. Then I put it on Desmume 0.9.6 and it worked there without problems, after I got to a part where I could control the character I saved and put the game on NO$GBA again and it did worked, I played most of it there till before unlocking the moonlight city area maps because when I changed screen again the game gave a black screen but oddly enough only in the bottom one, while the top one kept showing movement of the farm and even the digimon there when used the farm goods and did it right they got their stats increased.

But not like it would make any good since I couldn't save.

So yeah, it is AP, that's for sure but what kind? that I don't know.

For now I will play in Desmume. it is slower for me (my PC has a one core processor) but is better than nothing.
Yeah, the exact same thing happened to me, except I use R4. I would've used Desmume if it weren't for the fact that my computer is hella slow. Guess I'll wait for a patch.

Lord Patamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well I started to play it with ideas 1.0.3.6 and it plays faster than with Desmume and no problems so far on it neither, so that's another good alternative while we wait for a patch.
smile.gif

My only issue with Ideas is that the sound plug-in needs a lot of work, so I have to play it without sound but better than nothing.

hellfire789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lord Patamon said:
Well I started to play it with ideas 1.0.3.6 and it plays faster than with Desmume and no problems so far on it neither, so that's another good alternative while we wait for a patch.
smile.gif

My only issue with Ideas is that the sound plug-in needs a lot of work, so I have to play it without sound but better than nothing.
Hmm, I don't play with sound anyway, so I guess I'll give it a try. Thanks Lord Patamon. =]

EDIT: By the way, how do I import my save file to Ideas?

Lord Patamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh actually it is really easy, just rename the desmume save file which has the extension .dsv to .sav, copy it to where ideas will search for the battery save files (aka the .sav files), if you run the emulator for the first time you can set where do you want the emulator to store the .sav files. Now with that done just open the rom but before click on the play button on the toolbar go to the options menu and in save type set it to eeprom 512kbits and then click on play button to run the rom.

It is important to not disable the sound till you loaded your game, I had the issue that if I disabled the sound before that, even though the game loaded well I couldn't go to any other screen and my character walked through the other characters and couldn't talk to them.

Now to get a decent speed, go to options menu and set the frame skip to 3, that will give you a decent speed
smile.gif

hellfire789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lord Patamon said:
Oh actually it is really easy, just rename the desmume save file which has the extension .dsv to .sav, copy it to where ideas will search for the battery save files (aka the .sav files), if you run the emulator for the first time you can set where do you want the emulator to store the .sav files. Now with that done just open the rom but before click on the play button on the toolbar go to the options menu and in save type set it to eeprom 512kbits and then click on play button to run the rom.

It is important to not disable the sound till you loaded your game, I had the issue that if I disabled the sound before that, even though the game loaded well I couldn't go to any other screen and my character walked through the other characters and couldn't talk to them.

Now to get a decent speed, go to options menu and set the frame skip to 3, that will give you a decent speed
smile.gif
Hmm, I tried doing what you said, but I couldn't quite figure out how to use it. It didn't let me set where i wanted to store the save file when I ran it for the first time. Where does the emulator search for save files? Also, does it have anything to do with it being an R4 save file? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: nvm, I figured out what I did wrong. I can load my save file now, but after I press continue, I noticed that the npcs were missing and I can't enter any maps, then it eventually freezes. Any clue as to why?. Thanks for your help.

Lord Patamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
did you disabled the sound before loading your game?

You need to start the game with sound enabled and press the continue button with sound enabled, once you're back to where you did saved you try to move and such, if you see all normal and can move through maps just disable the sound.

Zarkz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
O_O
DAMN YOU JAPAN FOR GETTING THIS FIRST!
I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeely want this game, as I loved Digimon World Dusk, so much that I got the LEGEND TAMER RANK! I even played Dawn, which was basically the same thing

Tricytal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it took me forever to figure it out, but it works for me.... so here goes.

if you have an r4 or m3 and possibly a few others, get the R4 wood firmware and swap it out for the kernel 1.18 firmware. It'll work a bit different, i haven't figured out how to use any cheats with it, since it's completely different, but now i can play golden sun dark dawn, zelda spirit tracks, pokemon black, and digimon story lost evolution( though i still have to figure out how to translate it into english)

if you have any other questions just ask. That's the best i can do for ya... sorry if that didn't help. but enjoy! ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill