DS #4725: Major League Baseball 2K10 (USA)

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep. All you need is a mit & bat. Toss the cover & hit the friggin' thing outta the ballpark
nyanya.gif

Azadar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
who care's PROJECT RUNWAY i out for the Wii !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS there is a reason you cant find a video or screenshot for the DS version..

Posts merged

who care's PROJECT RUNWAY i out for the Wii !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS there is a reason you cant find a video or screenshot for the DS version..

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
2k baseball games ALWAYS suck the only good baseball games are MLB The Show games on PS3/PSP(not including the arcade styled baseball games)

I've always liked the 2K baseball games. Wel, not for DS of course. I'm gonna try this one out.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game controls for 2K Sports MLB 2K10 (U)

Batting:
B = Standard Swing
A = Power Swing
Y = Bunt

Pitching:
Aim = Dpad
Select Pitch = A, B, X, Y or R

Stealing:
All runners steal = L
Single runner steal = L+ X, Y or B
Cancel steal attempt = R
Cancel one steal attempt = R+ A, X or Y

Baserunners:
Advance all runners = L
Single runner advance = L+ X, Y or B
Return runners to previous base = R
Return single runner = R+ A, X or Y

Defense:
Move highlighted player = Dpad
Switch fielder = L
Throw To First = A
Throw To Second = X
Throw To Third = Y
Throw To Home = B

All Dpad and buttons! No touchscreen shenanigans at all, unless you want to....but that's only in the menus.

This seems like a VERY nice baseball game. Commentary, good graphics and smooth gameplay, full season/post season modes, Stats, Managing, tutorial, over 250 virtual "baseball cards" to unlock, rosters for all the teams, etc. The full shebang!

One thing though, there appears to be NO multi-player mode at all, not even local wireless. It's strictly a single-player affair. I see nothing about any kind of WiFi in the game, just none at all. Kind of odd for a sports game, don't you think? I can imagine that being absolutely showstopping for people who love to play games online. I mean AT LEAST multi-card wireless, but NO! Not even stat or baseball cards trading? Weren't they called "trading cards" in physical form back when people used to collect them? Seems reasonable to me that it would let you trade stuff with your friends, but NO! None!

What's up with that?
wacko.gif

I guess you saved $10 (it's a $20 budget-priced game) in the store for lack of WiFi, or something. I dunno.

I'd post screen shots, but it doesn't seem to work in No$GBA (white screens). Works fine on CycloDS 1.57stable though.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'll probably only end up getting MLB 2K10 for DS and/or Wii (both via 'downloads'). Was considering buying the Xbox 360 version after trying the demo... but IGN review confirms the unfortunate failures of the career and online modes. Online in 2K9 (on Xbox Live) was unplayable... very sad.

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, this may be the best MLB game on the DS, gameplay-wise anyways. It certainly is better than that graphical GBA port mess known as 2k7, and hella better than that joke of a a 2009 Fantasy All-stars Baseball (that game was a joke, right?).

Pitching actually has some trying to it, not a simple select place to pitch, pitch type type of thing. We get to control its power and accuracy too. And batting seems to be of a combo of guess and assisting your guesses (lol), definitely better than the aforementioned games.

Of course, as mentioned by an earlier poster, no multiplayer of any sort. I also didn't like how this game has no user stat recording (you know, like how many hours you put into this game), considering in this day and age, I would have liked to see how many strikes I throw against balls.

Man, this is one game I am going to buy now (baseball fan)

maxmouse2008

Trophies
Website
www.neshq.com
XP
Country
United States
I wish it had more stats, but this is a good game to play on the bus or something, I just wish there was a better way to tell if it a ball was in the air or if it was just rolling

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*