DS #4506: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (USA)

PieCake09

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ragingchaosgod said:
Wait. The instructions for the crack file confused me. So... I take my ROM and extract it. I extract the crack. I have xpa-zstc.rar along with the ROM. For organization's sake, I put both in the same folder. I extract xpa-zstc.rar and drag-drop the ROM onto xpa-zstc.bat but I get the error that xdelta.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command. The cmd.exe patches anyway... But I don't get xpa-lzst-cracked.nds anywhere.
Is it the same file or... is there supposed to be another file?
Am I doing it right?

just double click the .bat, it will search for the rom in the same dir as it is in

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played the first dungeon. It was pretty underwhelming. Puzzles were incredibly obvious, and it felt a lot more linear than Zelda should (even for a first dungeon). It was still fun.

Once I play more I'll write a review.

omnipotentorion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is turning out to be a major disappointment for me. As a long time Zelda fan, I have welcomed each new game with it's uniqueness. Spirit Tracks feels awkward to me. Riding around on a train, blowing in the mic, and the stylus controls feel inaccurate.

I went back to Phantom Hourglass to cross compare and I feel that PH was much more superior. I will, however, play Spirit Tracks thoroughly, and hope to get a better impression later on. So far it's looking mediocre.

By the way, how do you add a spoiler to a post?

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
does using the sav file on cyclo
allow you to save normally in
game? also how do you use it...
do you load the save when you
start game? or do you just start,
play and save as normal?

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
Bloodangel said:
play and save as normal?

You put the save file on you sd card rename it to your rom name like xpa- izt to xpa-izt.sav
Then start the game like normal.
save as normal aswell.

laker12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I played the first dungeon. It was pretty underwhelming. Puzzles were incredibly obvious, and it felt a lot more linear than Zelda should (even for a first dungeon). It was still fun.

Once I play more I'll write a review.

Yeah first was not that good .. but the later puzzles ar ereally tricky and creative

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Congrates to all those who manage to figure it all out

Just got back from shopping & found it's been solved

I can confirm it fully works on a M3i0 + Dsi + 8Gb SDHC card (Traind Controls & Save works)
[Just would LOVE to not have the 'Xeno' splash screen]

D

Deleted_171835

omnipotentorion said:
This game is turning out to be a major disappointment for me. As a long time Zelda fan, I have welcomed each new game with it's uniqueness. Spirit Tracks feels awkward to me. Riding around on a train, blowing in the mic, and the stylus controls feel inaccurate.

I went back to Phantom Hourglass to cross compare and I feel that PH was much more superior. I will, however, play Spirit Tracks thoroughly, and hope to get a better impression later on. So far it's looking mediocre.

By the way, how do you add a spoiler to a post?
To add a spoiler to your post use these tags write [spoiler- than add the symbol / to the end of that. Then write that again but with a slash in the beginning eg. (/)

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I never saw a Zelda advertise on TV......so this must be a bad game then..!!
wtf.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game is getting on my nerves.
I should be enjoying it, I really enjoyed Phantom Hourglass, but something about this...well every damn element feels recycled, and then dumbed down.

The music score is just less invigorating than before, the storyline is a bit absurd.
The Locomo's? Anjean? Gage? Train demons? REALLY?
I don't even get why you play songs to rocket-ships and unlock things, "thanks for playing this song! Enjoy a free recovery in every dungeon by playing this song!"

The sailing in Phantom hourglass was exciting because you could freely navigate the space and interact with a number of things, but they managed to reduce what little that mode had into singular paths and scaring things away from you. Now train rides just exist to pad out dungeons and towns it seems, but maybe this will change after I beat the forest temple.

Also, Nintendo have deemed it necessary to blow into the microphone even more, not one, but the first TWO items you get require you to blow into the mike.
dry.gif

I don't care for having to do this, I always get dry lips from this, but it's even worse when I'm suffering from mouth ulcers, which is often. (Right now it physically hurts to play Zelda, lol)

There was also a stupid part where I ended up being killed by bees, I mean how the fuck is it I can kill bees in Phantom Hourglass, but not in Spirit Tracks?
wtf.gif

I dunno, the more I play this, the more disappointment I encounter.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
taken said:
Bloodangel said:
play and save as normal?

You put the save file on you sd card rename it to your rom name like xpa- izt to xpa-izt.sav
save as normal aswell.

Is it a blank save? and if not what does it skip?

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
InuYasha said:
taken said:
Bloodangel said:
play and save as normal?

save as normal aswell.

Is it a blank save? and if not what does it skip?
It a bigger save most cards like Edge and Cyclo ds evo save 512kb or less. But the blank save is 979kb Plus it bypass the creating save that the card does
before you get to the new game menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work