DS #4486: Diner Dash: Flo on the Go (USA)

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They might want to revise that tagline "Flo on the Go"
smileipb2.png

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Quick first impressions:

It's Diner Dash, so anyone familiar with the first game or any game in the time management genre should know what to expect. Unlike other games in this vein, such as Hysteria Hospital, the levels are pretty well balanced and the new items you can purchase to help improve your score are easily attainable and their benefits noticeable.

That said, there is a slight problem with this sequel. While the first game didn't have Game of the Year award winning graphics, it did take the basic Diner Dash style and turn it into a stylized, almost-Japanese-anime-super deformed style in the original Diner Dash. The graphics were bright and the characters colorful. However, in Flo on the Go, the sprites for everything are shrunk down leaving huge portions of the bottom screen just empty. What is there are tiny, jagged, less detailed objects. If they could have just used the same graphics and sprite sizes as the first game, it would have been great.

I don't know if the small sprite size is due to changes in the game play yet, such as purchasing a much bigger table that takes up most of the screen or perhaps a benihana. Either way, though, it seems the graphics definitely got the short end of the stick.

If you like this kind of game, though, you most likely don't mind the visuals and will enjoy it anyways since it's more of the Diner Dash greatness.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn