DS #4484: Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain (USA)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magmorph said:
Is this game anything like Orcs and Elves?

That's not too far off, and the aesthetic of the two games is very similar. The main difference, however, is that your movement here is in real-time, rather than the more Rogue-like approach using turn-based grid movement in Orcs & Elves.

VIIth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just got it working on EDGE... but I can't save...
Some user posted about the game working on a EDGE card... maybe it's something about my card?

Thanks.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am r4ymond said:
Hot topic already. Might as well try a new game anyways. Hope this'll be fun.
To be honest with you, don't listen to the reviews, this is a pretty damn good game.
yaynds.gif

M

multiboy2k

I agree with everyone here.
This is a GREAT game!
yaynds.gif

...I think the reviewers are not taking in consideration that this game is DS game. Given that there are very few if any games like this on the DS, I think
that this was a wonderful effort.

lachinay

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Overlord Nadrian said:
alidsl said:
danny600kill said:
Can't w8 to give it a test drive
biggrin.gif

Not up on my usual, cant find it on a quick google search, al just have to w8
Edit : wow the moment i typed i reloaded my usual site and BAM it was there. DLin now
smileipb2.png

It's the same as mine!
biggrin.gif
Although I use more than one, actually
ohmy.gif

Guys! Goddamn! Two pages of thread to get to know your adventures in downloading roms. Is this the latest trend? I hate to break it to you, but nobody gives a fuck about you not finding it in your usual place, than suddendly OMFG here it is. Speaking of that, nobody cares about how long you've been waiting for it and stuff like that.

Post something vaguely interesting or shut the fuck up

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
multiboy2k said:
This is a GREAT game!
yaynds.gif

...I think the reviewers are not taking in consideration that this game is DS game. Given that there are very few if any games like this on the DS, I think
There are really no games like this, well there are games that are dungeon crawlers for the DS, but this is only one that I know that can make up for the lack of Elder Scrolls on the DS.
Also I think it's more like these guy didn't pay for their reviews.
Or quite possibly most reviewers nowadays nitpick games to death and even the smallest of details they take off points for.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Raika said:
wtf.gif

This game's getting some decent comments.
ohmy.gif

May give this a try.
Yeah the reviews for this game were horrible, but I'm not sure why they were so bad, this game is pretty damn good.
Although most pointed to the controls, but I found the controls a bit annoying, but not anything to knock so many points off for.
So I'm just starting to think these reviewers have finally lost their minds.

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some good feedback for this game
on the subject of orcs and elves i gave up after following the mouse to the lava (pretty early in the game) and not being able to go any further.
hopefully this is easier or ill have to take up imagine series

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
lachinay said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
alidsl said:
danny600kill said:
Can't w8 to give it a test drive
biggrin.gif

Not up on my usual, cant find it on a quick google search, al just have to w8
Edit : wow the moment i typed i reloaded my usual site and BAM it was there. DLin now
smileipb2.png

It's the same as mine!
biggrin.gif
Although I use more than one, actually
ohmy.gif

Guys! Goddamn! Two pages of thread to get to know your adventures in downloading roms. Is this the latest trend? I hate to break it to you, but nobody gives a fuck about you not finding it in your usual place, than suddendly OMFG here it is. Speaking of that, nobody cares about how long you've been waiting for it and stuff like that.

Post something vaguely interesting or shut the fuck up

I totally agree with you. We tend to get full pages of dumb kids acting like this is twitter, telling us they can't find it, still can't find it, and finally found it! Who gives a flying fuck if you found it or not. What especially gets me, is when people like Darkway start getting pissy cause he can't pirate a free game the second it's put online.

As for the game, been waiting for this one for a while now. I don't take review sites seriously, but it is nice hearing positive things in the thread. Dunno when Borderlands and Dragon Age will release me from their grip, to try this though. >_>

dearodie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the life of me I cannot lockpick the chest in the temple in the first town (Allasian, I think?!).
Not enough time, has anyone been able to do it?

BTW, If it is any incentive, the fictional world is called Analand ... sounds like a winner to me .. Anal..and

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I also think the game is great. I'm in love with Elder Scrolls, so this one is a winner for me.

I don't have a clue about the reviews being so awful, but I think I can guess. First, I'm not familiar with the book itself, but from what I googled it was all about choices. This one is fairly straightforward? I mean the game.

Then, it's not actually open-world, it's a dungeon crawler. I think everyone got the impression it was open-world from the screenshots and previews. And yeah? it's rather tough and character management is complicated for an unfamiliar user.

But overall, I just love it. First-person view, mind-blowing graphics, good ol' character-management... Finally there's a successor to The Elder Scrolls Travels: Shadowkey from the N-Gage. Oh yeah, and curse those who canceled the PSP version of Oblivion
smile.gif

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I must say I am actually quite surprised this game!I like the game so far.The graphics are absolutely wonderful.But I find it odd that they decided not to have music in the levels.
Gonna play some more now.(Reconfiguring the controls for left-hand each time I load is really annoying)

Edit:Typo.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
multiboy2k said:
This is a GREAT game!
yaynds.gif

There are really no games like this, well there are games that are dungeon crawlers for the DS, but this is only one that I know that can make up for the lack of Elder Scrolls on the DS.
Or quite possibly most reviewers nowadays nitpick games to death and even the smallest of details they take off points for.
Uhm... if the game is comparable to Oblivion then it must suck major balls... and as far as I can see from the videos it doesn't seem to do so
tongue.gif
. With other words it's a bliss Oblivion never hits the DS. That said though you said TES... but people seem to equal TES with Oblivion and that's crap. If you equal TES to Morrowind then we have a different matter at hand.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Dragonlord said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
multiboy2k said:
This is a GREAT game!
yaynds.gif

Uhm... if the game is comparable to Oblivion then it must suck major balls... and as far as I can see from the videos it doesn't seem to do so
tongue.gif
. With other words it's a bliss Oblivion never hits the DS. That said though you said TES... but people seem to equal TES with Oblivion and that's crap. If you equal TES to Morrowind then we have a different matter at hand.
Well I am not comparing it to Oblivion, I am saying it's the closest thing to an elder scrolls for the DS is all. Really it kinda reminds me something like Elder Scrolls Arena, not to say it's the same, but it's the closet damn thing for the DS as of lately.
So if anyone forgets Oblivion is 4th in the game line up, there were 3 games before this one
lecture.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll tell ya, I hate most RPG's on the DS, but I'm loving this game. That's saying a lot coming from me.

Now I just gotta find those damn toadstools for that monk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A