DS #4318: WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2010 (Europe)

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Really? this one you can play with the buttons instead of just stupid pointing on your screen.

Since the 360, PS3 and Wii versions this year are really good i think the DS one could be pretty decent too.

960295_20090820_screen008.jpg

960295_20090820_screen017.jpg

960295_20090820_screen012.jpg

IzzehO

Trophies
XP
Country
So.. no more shitty touch screen gaming? Is it still 'on rails' style gameplay? or can you move around freely?

If so I might give this one a go...

VenomTSH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
IzzehO said:
So.. no more shitty touch screen gaming? Is it still 'on rails' style gameplay? or can you move around freely?

If so I might give this one a go...

Free movement, buttons only. Think old-school wrestling games, like those on Nintendo 64.
biggrin.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IGN gave it a reasonable score...7.9

Check out the review:
http://ds.ign.com/articles/103/1036825p1.html

Basically they say it's good, but say it's "missing" some things. This one is full-on dpad-and-buttons wrestling, and yes, you can move around freely. You can even go outside of the ring, beat a dude to a pulp and shove him in an ambulance. Heh...
yaynds.gif

It seems like the best DS wrestling game yet. Anything has to be better than the obnoxious stylus control scheme they had before. The previous two versions thoroughly sucked because of that nonsense.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL
Okay, well I haven't gotten to the gameplay part yet, but the "create a Superstar" part is just hilarious. Like you can customize your own wrestler but like, the things that he can wear (such as bunny ears) and the degree of customization is just so damn entertaining. You get to pick all of his moves (there are ALOT) and stats and I think this part is pretty cool. It's just funny that you can give him huge ass lips or heart tatoos. XD

Will report on gameplay soon!

kingsanto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not bad. I haven't played any wrestling games since the N64/Dreamcast days, and it kinda reminds me of those. Having full entrances is kinda neat. The one sad thing is out of all the wrestler choices, I picked Shawn Michaels. I spent most of my wrestling watching days hating Shawn Michaels except maybe for the brief period when he was tag team champions with Austin. I don't think much of the recent guys like Cena and Orton. So it was fun to beat Cena in my first match. It's weird playing a wrestling game that I can't be either Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, or Chris Benoit in. I guess I'll have to try the create a superstar thing.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After playing awhile, I would have to say its the best wrestling game on the DS...

That being said, I'm still unsure about some controls -.- Like how do I do my finisher attack?

ZPE

Trophies
Website
zpte.wordpress.com
XP
Country
My guess: make the opponent stunned/pick them up with grapple/get into position for the finisher (eg. if it's Kurt Angle then move towards the legs) then hit L1. I'd hope it's that and not some combo sequence.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I played a few practice fights as Christian to get the hang of the new controls.

I was able to pull off his finisher, the Killswitch, by being behind a dazed opponent. Unfortunately I was only able to do this once in one fight, as when I attempted to do it again in following fights, my opponent would quickly snap out of any daze and start attacking me before I could pull it off.

As for the game itself, the roster is pretty weird (did they really not have time to replace Kennedy with someone like Dolph Ziggler or Umaga with someone like Ezekiel Jackson?) but I should have fun making my own CAW or playing as Christian/CM Punk/Miz/Morrison. I think my first CAW will be my own version of Zach Ryder, wooo wooo wooo.

I just wish the game actually used all the buttons right and gave us a true weak grapple/strong grapple, weak strike/strong strike control scheme. I seemed to repeat a lot of moves quite often, which seems to happen in almost any version of Smackdown I've played on PSX, PS2, or Xbox.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand what's going on with story mode.....I created a wrestler, talked to the manager and he said to go to the gym. I go to the gym and nothing happens. There's no one there, and I can't hit any buttons while near anything and therefore can't progress any farther. In fact, none of the locations has anyone there and you can't interact with anything. Anyone know what's up with that?

EDIT: My SD needed a defrag

kingsanto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can only use one station at the gym per day. You hit A near an arrow to select a station.

I really like Story Mode. I created a wrestler and named him Hulkster. My next match is for the ECW Championship. I've done the training, I've said my prayers, I've taken my vitamins. I believe in myself, and I've flirted with the hotties. I'm ready.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, thx in advance
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, thx in advance +1