DS #3892: 101-in-1 Explosive Megamix (USA)

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is anything like Games Explosion for the GBA is, I'll write a review of it, and it'll be fun.

edit: The review will be fun, not the game. No game can simultaneously be like Games Explosion and fun.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Vague Rant said:
This is old school shovelware.
Have you ever replayed some of the Commodore 64 80's Hits? Most games are crappier than any shovelware from today can ever be.

So if you want to release a very mediocre game, just sell it as old-school and you sell it like hotcakes.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sounds like those cheap-copy "50 in 1" gameboy game cartridges from China... My friend once bought one with "100 games" but each title was linked to only one of about 50 games, they just called the same game 2 or 3 different titles...

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
101-in-1-explosive-megamix-20090409014637764_640w.jpg

DO NOT WANT

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
What I really love about this game is that you get to see the coffee boys progression using Photoshop, as he does the covers.

go4108.png

This is what he put together for the European release.

go5055.png

And this is what he did after he got through the "using graded shading in background" chapter in Photoshop for Dummies.

It's like he's our child and we're experiencing him growing up. His first steps, his first words... his first shit.

berlinka said:
Vague Rant said:
This is old school shovelware.
Have you ever replayed some of the Commodore 64 80's Hits? Most games are crappier than any shovelware from today can ever be.

So if you want to release a very mediocre game, just sell it as old-school and you sell it like hotcakes.

Agreed, although it's a little harsh to compare old games to shovelware, back then you had bugger all resources to work with.

I class games as shovelware if they a) have clearly little investment b) don't do anything new c) live off the success of another game and d) have little or no gameplay to redeem them.

This game hits every requirement to earn that title.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually... I've been playing it a bit. It's not that bad. Don't judge it by the first few games. Quickly play the easy ones, beat them to earn a ton of points, then flip through for anything that looks interesting and unlock it.

It's not amazing, but there are some fun ones in there. And being able to unlock games in any order is a nice touch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo