Do Super Nintendo PAL games run at 60hz on Japanese Super Famicom console?

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi

i have a japanese Super Famicom and i have an adaptor to run USA and PAL games too, like this: https://www.ebay.it/itm/22526670168...x1RGzFJ-CFAJ9cd6GF3LYaE2siRdc6oxoCvQIQAvD_BwE

If i run a PAL game, does it run at 60hz without black stripes as i'm using a japanese console?

thanks
The europe and japanese console are almost identicle, PAL wil always be 50Hz.
The converter doesn't improve the game, just converting the pins and maybe get the region code of the other cartridge.
The console sets the signal 60 Hz is not like 60FPS, the console will be close to 27 FPS.
The lines you see are not from the console but from the screen projecting it.
Only some games you will see speed differences for the game was designed for US consoles, and the code was never optimized for other consoles.
yes NTSC and PAL look different, and some games will not have the same speed.

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The europe and japanese console are almost identicle, PAL wil always be 50Hz.
The converter doesn't improve the game, just converting the pins and maybe get the region code of the other cartridge.
The console sets the signal 60 Hz is not like 60FPS, the console will be close to 27 FPS.
The lines you see are not from the console but from the screen projecting it.
Only some games you will see speed differences for the game was designed for US consoles, and the code was never optimized for other consoles.
yes NTSC and PAL look different, and some games will not have the same speed.
thanks. So if i use a PAL game, it runs at 50Hz even if i use it on a japane console, right?

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
thanks. So if i use a PAL game, it runs at 50Hz even if i use it on a japane console, right?
The console sets the resolution and frequency, the game is just the code (ROM), ram and and maybe a special chip.
The PPU, and the crystal combined set inside your console makes it display either NTSC or PAL.
The game code however makes all the difference in experience speed.

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ah ok perfect, so i can buy PAL games if i want and i will be able to run them at fullspeed and the same NTSC resolution.

thank you very much!

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Some PAL games will not run properly at 60Hz, mind you.
Like, say, PAL Pilotwings? It just dies in 60hz.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I should say 525Mbps but I doubt the extra 25Mbps matters lol