DS #3868: Ghostbusters: The Video Game (USA)

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZeroEXE93 said:
[M said:
artin]
God, man, more fucking shovelware...
sleep.gif
Um... no. This game has been getting some hype and definitely wouldn't count as shovelware.
Hype, are you fucking kidding me? This title is screaming shovelware, I mean, a team of 40-something year old looking guys running around sucking up ghosts in vacuums? Nintendo definitely did this shit already, properly.

Just look at that cover, fucking horrible. I've seen coloring books that have better character designs. God damn, I hate how much shovelware the DS gets chucked.
mad.gif

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[M said:
artin]
ZeroEXE93 said:
[M said:
artin]
sleep.gif
Um... no. This game has been getting some hype and definitely wouldn't count as shovelware.
Hype, are you fucking kidding me? This title is screaming shovelware, I mean, a team of 40-something year old looking guys running around sucking up ghosts in vacuums? Nintendo definitely did this shit already, properly.

Just look at that cover, fucking horrible. I've seen coloring books that have better character designs. God damn, I hate how much shovelware the DS gets chucked.
mad.gif

LMAO Does this guy not know what ghostbusters is >.> BTW wth did u say about nintendo you do know that this game is out on all consoles right...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah this game is shit, I loved the Wii version and the PS3 one is decent too (controls and loading times screw it up though) but this is a badly thought out game.

Seems like they didn't put any effort into it despite having like two years to make it. I guess they started it, fount out Sierra was being bought by Activision, then fount out that Activision didn't want to publish it, gave up on it and then when Atari got the rights they were told to concentrate on the Wii & PSP/PS2 versions instead as Atari are broke and couldn't fund a decent DS version.

I'd say the end result was shovelware, they may have wanted to make the best out of the game for the DS but I guess things were against them. Its hard to say who is to blame, publishers or them. Red Fly are a small team after all.

Not the first shitty Red Fly DS game, Mushroom Men also had potential. They should concentrate on one game at a time.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cris92x said:
[M said:
artin]
ZeroEXE93 said:
[M said:
artin]
sleep.gif

mad.gif

LMAO Does this guy not know what ghostbusters is >.> BTW wth did u say about nintendo you do know that this game is out on all consoles right...
Ghostbusting... what a shitty concept. They stole this all from Luigi's Mansion, only, Nintendo did it better. I mean, if they made a Ghostbusters movie or something, I would definitely not go see it, as the premise is just too bland to swallow.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
[M said:
artin]
cris92x said:
[M said:
artin]
ZeroEXE93 said:
[M said:
artin]
sleep.gif

mad.gif

Ghostbusting... what a shitty concept. They stole this all from Luigi's Mansion, only, Nintendo did it better. I mean, if they made a Ghostbusters movie or something, I would definitely not go see it, as the premise is just too bland to swallow.
It would probably involve something stupid like a giant marshmallow or a ghost in a painting.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
[M said:
artin]
cris92x said:
[M said:
artin]
ZeroEXE93 said:
[M said:
artin]
sleep.gif

mad.gif

lol. troll successful.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
I know you know. Thats why the troll is successful. You made some noobs extremely confused.
I know that you know that I know. Just wanted to link it all together for teh newbs.

*HIGH FIVE*

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be hyped, but that doesn't mean it's not shovelware. It's clear that they put very little effort into the DS version, and it only really exists to make a quick buck off an inexplicably revived franchise.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
purplesludge said:
ghost in a painting.
I'd imagine that'll be for some sort of sequel, the film will be pretty good up until the painting part happens and then it goes pretty bad and they'll have to resort to doing something stupid like getting national pride from a statue. Something contrived like that.

The first film would be awesome though if they ever did one, so would a potential cartoon series until they relied on a specific ghost too much.

rolleyes.gif

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Much like Mushroom Men, I had high hopes for this...

It's not as bad as MM was, though, but it's not great either. Lack of voice acting hurts, lack of sounds in general hurt. There's long stretches of awkward silence where music should be.

The graphics are dull in action parts (the 3D-rendered caricatures of the cast are great, though). The Ecto-1 sections would have benefitted from a more Mario Kart-like control scheme but I guess that'd get in the way of the touch screen blasting of street ghosts.

The missions themselves seem to be pretty generic, too.

And for the life of me I can't find multiplayer. I thought the selling point of this game was linking up 4 DS players? Am I missing it?

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Don't get the people who are complaining and disappointed. I like it very much. And the funny thing is that I NEVER was a fan of the franchise. In my opinion, from the graphical side the game is not impressive, but nicely done with lots of details, which for me throws it miles away from showelware. The ghostbuster team managing part is also fun, and though I'm not hyped about Ecto-1 rides, I'm not irritated as well. Overall, 7.8 out of 10 for me, exactly as IGN rated the Wii version. Distracted me from Starfy
smile.gif

kenofthedead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to like it, but it was just tedious and annoying for me.

Ecto-1 drives more like a jetski then a car, and the game tells you R is to break even when asking you to use the stylus to zap ghosts. They could have done a lot better for controls in and out of the car.
Even just the start has problems with it making you go "go up to hotel guest, touch them" followed by "find the puddles of slime, touch them". It's not like it's horrible, just doesn't mesh with what you actualy want to do as a Ghostbuster.
Even busting is vexatious with it's being so easy to get hit by floating books or dishes while trying to grab a ghost. The NPCs don't seem to mind getting hit though since they do nothing to avoid them. Would have been better just playing alone and having the others only show up in a co-op multiplayer.

I wanted to like it, but all the little things just kept me from having any fun. I think I'll just replay the Genesis game instead for Ghostbusters on the go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, iirc she said she is non binary