DS #3548: Broken Sword Shadow Of The Templars - The Directors Cut (Eur

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noitora said:
Block shifting? Yikes, I hate block shifting. It took me 20 minutes in RE4 to finish the block shifting puzzle and it took 1 minute to my friend -.-

I know it. I hated getting to that part in RE4. I finished the game multiple times, and after my first playthrough I used a walkthrough to get through that puzzle quickly(luckily I haven't stumbled into a puzzle like this in RE5 yet).

I'll be starting this game tomorrow, and I am not look forward to this puzzle(I seriously hate them). Guess I'll have to use the hints to blow through it quickly. Judging by the comments though this sounds like a great game.

nuriko001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
aw, no one likes block and shifting? I love blocks! finished it in 5 minutes;) What I hate is trying to find an object to pry a heavy door open. Anyone know where to get the prying object?

So far this game is pretty good! I'm super happy that they finally brought broken sword to this platform. Hopefully we'll see more point and click games for the ds in the future!

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
^
place the metal shell under the heavy door so when you hold the cross up it will flatten the shell casing. Use the shell on the cross to keep the door open then place the cylinder into the revealed hole then you can remove the shell from the cross and use it to pry open the other door.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Finished it this morning 7:53 on save file with 23 hints used. I give it 8/10
I can't really make my mind up if it's better than the PC/PSX versions as it's had a real overhaul for DS, bringing it up to this decade's standards nicely.
It is easily the best portable version though (not really hard to beat the others lol).

starfox14now

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
osirisFIVE said:
I tried so long but I just can't figure out the effing cipher.

I've got down all the normal words, just that I'm left with _AMADA, _UL_, and the last initial.
The letters that I have left are J, Q, V, X, Y, Z.
Totally impossible.
Somebody help us out here....

Renzozuken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

I've got down all the normal words, just that I'm left with _AMADA, _UL_, and the last initial.
The letters that I have left are J, Q, V, X, Y, Z. Totally impossible.

its...
Yamada and July

osirisFIVE

Trophies
Website
www.imperfectgrandeur.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Renzozuken said:
QUOTE said:

The letters that I have left are J, Q, V, X, Y, Z. Totally impossible.

its...
Yamada and July

You're the best.

dj01

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
this game is multilingual (with German)
gbasp.gif

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Still have the old playstation version of shadow of the templars, and the sequel, the smoking mirror for PC.
The PC verion was always better than the PSX version - less/faster loading screens when entering buildings and rooms.
I dust at least one them off and play through it every year or so. Loves me some of the ol' point n' clickery.
Started playing through the DS version this morning and yeah, it's a very good update to one of my old favourites.

The new beginning that adds more backstory to Nicole's involvement was a pleasant surprise.
The way hotspots now display a little visual hint when the stylus gets 'close enough' is a nice touch.
Story pacing is very good. Just as I was starting to wonder "Where's George?" there he was, taking a seat outside the café.
Puzzle difficulty is nicely balanced so far, but yeah, those rassin' frassin' block puzzles...
laugh.gif

The only downside is the absence of character's voices.
Specifically, Nicole's accent...
wub.gif
For those having trouble with the cipher puzzles, I'll help a bit, but won't give the whole solution away...
In the two cipher codes I've solved so far, the first word of each message is the name of the person the message is for.

Pierre
Plantard

That should be enough to give you a good start.

If you just need one more pairing to solve the puzzle, but have no idea what to try next because there's no more incomplete words left to give you hints:

Listen carefully to the sounds the letters and symbols make when you select them.
What sounds are made when you get a letter/symbol pair right?
What sounds are made when you get a pair wrong?

Use those sound cues, together with the undo button to try different pairings until you make the right choice.
Essentially, the cipher puzzles let you use a simple brute force technique if you get stuck.

Kreatur84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hello guys.can somebody help me?
I'm here at the beginning where you through a lattice door through need.
left and right in this sector is a puzzling that goes like this game know how.
I create a page simply because not.can someone help me please ?
maybe someone even has a picture of it

HitBattousai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure from the post what puzzle you refer to but I'm guessing it's the prison-like door with block slide puzzles on both sides. If that's the case, you just have to think things through carefully, but if you get really frustrated with it, the last hint you can get on it is to slide your stylus from the top left corner of the screen to the bottom-right corner, and if you do that, it auto-unlocks things. Kind of cheating but it's good if you're tired of it and don't want to waste the time.

Kreatur84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
HitBattousai said:
I am not sure from the post what puzzle you refer to but I'm guessing it's the prison-like door with block slide puzzles on both sides. If that's the case, you just have to think things through carefully, but if you get really frustrated with it, the last hint you can get on it is to slide your stylus from the top left corner of the screen to the bottom-right corner, and if you do that, it auto-unlocks things. Kind of cheating but it's good if you're tired of it and don't want to waste the time.
ok thx ive finished it yesterday,but i can`t find out the cheat.i left it from left to right but nothing happens.

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
updowners said:
This game seems horrible without the voiceacting
frown.gif
Looks like I'll just get the original game on computer
So you're willing to miss out on the new game content, just because there's no voice acting?
blink.gif

Oh well, it's your loss...

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finished this a an hour ago. Great game! Very addictive. Invested around 14hrs into it with 38 puzzle hints. Seems a lot but I kept pushing the help button cos I forgot what the hint said!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!