New 'Broken Sword' game and remaster of the series' first game announced

bsss.jpg

A new entry to the classic Broken Sword franchise has been announced. Titled Broken Sword - Parzival’s Stone, it will follow a new adventure of George and Nico and can be played without any prior knowledge of the previous titles. Also announced is Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templars: Reforged, the 4K remaster of the first Broken Sword game. For the remaster, developer Revolution is re-drawing backgrounds, re-animating sprites and enhancing the audio. A trailer was aired for the announcement:

George and Nico reunite but are soon drawn into a terrifying conspiracy in a world of hidden treasure hunters, brutal mediaeval histories, and Quantum Physics.

Broken Sword - Parzival’s Stone is in development for PC, console, and mobile. Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templars: Reforged is in development for PC, console, and mobile for an early 2024 release.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Hell yeah, I remember reviewing Serpent’s Curse and while the game wasn’t perfect, it did revive some good memories of pointing and clicking around the world. Great series, glad to see that it’s not dead yet.
the developer seems to be reviving its old IPs, and after Beyond a Steel Sky, I really hope they work on a sequel to one of my fave PS1 games, In Cold Blood!

Reactions: eternal and Foxi4

Graxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I never quite finished Serpent's Curse, but I am a long time fan of the series who has been worrying the series had died for some time. I hope this remaster of Shadow of the Templars doesn't force the extra story content of the Director's Cut on players. Nothing beats the original!

Edit:
If anyone else is looking into it, it turns out this is just a remake of the original. They did say that they may add the Directors Cut content as an option in the future, but it will be optional if they do and not forced on players.

Last edited by Graxer,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I never quite finished Serpent's Curse, but I am a long time fan of the series who has been worrying the series had died for some time. I hope this remaster of Shadow of the Templars doesn't force the extra story content of the Director's Cut on players. Nothing beats the original!

Edit:
If anyone else is looking into it, it turns out this is just a remake of the original. They did say that they may add the Directors Cut content as an option in the future, but it will be optional if they do and not forced on players.
This is an announcement for two separate titles - Shadow of the Templars Reforged and Parzival’d Stone, the first being a remake of the original, the second being a new game in the series.
the developer seems to be reviving its old IPs, and after Beyond a Steel Sky, I really hope they work on a sequel to one of my fave PS1 games, In Cold Blood!
Hey, I never played that one! I’ll treat this as a recommendation - if it has this kind of lineage, I can’t go wrong, can I?

Last edited by Foxi4,
Reactions: Prans

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

A new entry to the classic Broken Sword franchise has been announced. Titled Broken Sword - Parzival’s Stone, it will follow a new adventure of George and Nico and can be played without any prior knowledge of the previous titles. Also announced is Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templars: Reforged, the 4K remaster of the first Broken Sword game. For the remaster, developer Revolution is re-drawing backgrounds, re-animating sprites and enhancing the audio. A trailer was aired for the announcement:

Broken Sword - Parzival’s Stone is in development for PC, console, and mobile. Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templars: Reforged is in development for PC, console, and mobile for an early 2024 release.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Just let it die. Jesus.

• Sad
Reactions: eternal

Graxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is an announcement for two separate titles - Shadow of the Templars Reforged and Parzival’d Stone, the first being a remake of the original, the second being a new game in the series.
I know. I didn't mention the new game because the announcement about BS1 Reforged that had me curious about what it entailed. I am looking forward to BS6 as well. I really need to finish BS5 first though! I have it on Mobile, PC (Steam and GOG) and Switch.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
oh these games yeah playing the old ones when no internet or guides were around true hardcore adventure games some of the puzzles had me stumped for hours! the last one i played the angel of death was severely diminished all you basically did was hack which involved male mini game puzzles or use the damn gold club to solve puzzles. hope they go back to their roots and stay clear away from shit like that in the new one.

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Not gonna buy a remaster of the first game when the first game works just fine in ScummVM and has the kind of art style people is very nostalgic about. Aka Monkey Island 3 kind of art style

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with the love this genre of games is getting recently one can only hope maniac mansion gets a remaster. one of the best of this genre

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Love the Series but sadly even up till today I never was able to complete Angel of Death as the bugs were so horrible that at first it didn't work at all and some years later I managed to play up to some point but due to lots of bugs that were never fixed up till today I never managed to complete it :(

I hope they will get the original Voice actors for my language

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol