DS #3517: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (USA)

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also i did the save file option and it does not work... for cyclonds anyway...

itachi1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tanas said:
Just because the game freezes after the select save option, this doesnt mean that it has anything to do with save type because the game doesnt even save at this point, it first saves after you have completed the first mission.

When the game have anti-piracy ALL flashcarts can't run it (am i right ?). Since we all get a save error message when the game is launch, it encounter some problem with the flashcart auto-save (that file u have with .SAV extension
tongue.gif
).

Nightstalker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MADKATZ99 said:
DivineZeus said:
Works great on SCDS1 with all patches disabled and it's multilanguage, i think multi 5 (my DS is setted in italian)... Supercard team rules!
tongue.gif

That's weird, I tried with all the settings disabled but it's still a no go on the SD. You're using V2.69 correct? arg, no matter what I do it locks up after I select one of the two save files.

just to clarify, you didn't trim the rom?

QUOTE(heatmiser @ Mar 14 2009, 02:50 PM) Has anyone gotten this to work with a Supercard CF or SD? If so, can you please post the options you used?
Thanks!
I don't think so... I think I've literrally tried all the options but still nothing.
I'm the same as DivineZeus. It runs perfectly on my SCDS1 SDHC using English and the latest firmware.

*Make sure you have in the SET PATCH options unchecked "Enable Patch"* then hit save and run the game.

nitrodude150

Trophies
Website
nitrodude150.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
yo, all i did was convert a no$gba save to my Acekard 2 and I've been playing fr like 30 mins no prob, I used a converter that was linked on like pg 18 or something, people should try it out instead of wasting bandwidth by saying **** like:

"DSTT WORK?"

"OMG R4 IS SO CRAPPY! It can't PLAY GTACW!"

Grow up!

George290506

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
MADKATZ99 said:
George290506 said:
He is talking about SCDS1 (Slot1) and not SC SD (Slot2).
Yeah I know devinezues was, I just thought they would basically have the same compatability but I guess not.
I hope so, too and I believe they will solve this.
wink.gif
It is easier for me to test in SC CF and not in SCDS1.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Na...Na...Narin can't save us? How can this be? Narin is God. Narin fixes everything. NOOOO!!!

OK, let's just say this isn't some sort of sick comic relief day japery. Whoever solves this conundrum and gets this working on my Cyclo DS Evo (and therefore the cyclos of everyone else in the street since they're nightmares for copying me) will replace Narin as the new deity and earn our eternal worship. Sorry Narin. But you do have this one chance to prove yourself and keep our faith. It's a race to the finish.

Mr.Mister

Trophies
Website
forum.72dpiarmy.com
XP
Country
United States
Rumor has it that Team Cyclops is already on the move to patch the firmware to work with 1mb saves, thus hopefully solving all of the CycloDS user problems.

EDIT: @ Blaze

Narin does software backup fixes and cheats, not firmware and hardware upgrades, be realistic.
Narin does a great job, it's just this problem with the game to your carts have nothing to do with his profession.

So back off of Narin guys.

heatmiser

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MADKATZ99 said:
DivineZeus said:
Works great on SCDS1 with all patches disabled and it's multilanguage, i think multi 5 (my DS is setted in italian)... Supercard team rules!
tongue.gif

That's weird, I tried with all the settings disabled but it's still a no go on the SD. You're using V2.69 correct? arg, no matter what I do it locks up after I select one of the two save files.

just to clarify, you didn't trim the rom?

QUOTE(heatmiser @ Mar 14 2009, 02:50 PM) Has anyone gotten this to work with a Supercard CF or SD? If so, can you please post the options you used?
Thanks!
I don't think so... I think I've literrally tried all the options but still nothing.

Same here. So I guess it's a waiting game now for us as well. I hope the Supercard people still support the old Slot 2 carts, though the last firmware update was back in March '08.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
The iTouch DS team is aware of the save issue and is working on a fix for iTouch DS users. No idea at all when it will be ready though, but it's good to know it's being worked on.

bumae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nitrodude150 said:
yo, all i did was convert a no$gba save to my Acekard 2 and I've been playing fr like 30 mins no prob, I used a converter that was linked on like pg 18 or something, people should try it out instead of wasting bandwidth by saying **** like:

"DSTT WORK?"

"OMG R4 IS SO CRAPPY! It can't PLAY GTACW!"

Grow up!

Unfortunately that doesn't work for all cards it appears.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what G6 Real firmware version is this working on? I just tried the m3/g6 4.3a that was released a day or two ago, but I get the black screen after I reboot after I save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: