DS #3440: Legacy of Ys: Books 1 & 2 (USA)

adzix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Seicomart said:
Loved part one on the Sega Master System, hated part 3 on the Snes, loved the music on the PC engine one, but never played it as I had the game, but never bothered buying a CD rom drive for it...Can't wait to try this and to finally play part 2!

oh yes, i still have my sega master system copy here. i loved that game.
now how about a new Golvellius game... that would be lovely.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was only able to play it for a little while last night, but I don't see why people are complaining about the graphics. They're pretty decent for the system. Maybe I just have lower standards, but for the DS, I really can't complain about the job they did.

I'll definitely pick this up this weekend. Need to support Atlus for choosing to localize good games that probably won't be big sellers.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
ryukyus said:
Another over priced piece of crap, the gameplay sucks, and repetitive, almost feel like a freaking bot, nothing about this game makes me wanna wow, danm it I can't for psp, until then I'm just gonna force myself to play Blue dragon plus, I don't know if it's just me but lately nds games have been sucking a lot, I'll try to wait for the march line up.
You get them for free so stop whining.

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gotta say I don't think this game is that bad. Yeah there's games with better graphics but it's nice to be able to just walk up to something and attack it without going through some menu or other. I'm so bored of getting into a fight and everything stops, up comes a menu, press attack then wait to be hit and then go through it all again untill one of you dies.
Anyway that's just my opinion.

Seicomart

Trophies
XP
Country
adzix said:
oh yes, i still have my sega master system copy here. i loved that game. now how about a new Golvellius game... that would be lovely.

GOLVELLIUS now you're talking!

Adored that game, and keep meaning to check out the MSX original, wasn't there a sequel at some point?

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
by the way, anyone know what happen to the Bestiary Potion? All i find in its place was a crappy herb -_-ll

By the way, a headsup glitch for u guys to use, when fighting, i was using the stylus so idk if u guys can replicate this cheat or not.

Okay, usually when fighting, u try to hit them from the sites right? well try and corner them and look at how fast they die, seriously i was dealing one damage yet in a moment of sec that (spider) was dead and note i was really underleveled, level 4 when i tried it and boom, in a few moment, exploiting this glitch and i was level 10 :

Alternatively, i found out that sometimes when u fight them headon, this occur as well, so anyway good luck and share your glitches as well
biggrin.gif

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Intro video to Ys I looks like ass. Totally lost interest in playing that game after I saw that.

Why, oh why do those stupid people have to stretch video to fullscreen if they only have content in another aspect ratio? Any circular forms are oval, people look much too thin and general composition is messed up. I hate it when that happens. Better live with black bars then raping your picture!

After they did such a shoddy job with the video I assume the game plays just as bad. People involved obviously don't care for what they create. Well, one game less to waste time on, I guess...

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Went and picked it up this weekend, and it actually came with a soundtrack CD! I hadn't seen anyone mention that, but I thought it was a pretty cool bonus.

I'm definitely loving the old school RPG goodness, but having mixed feelings about swinging with the "A" button.

Kreatur84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
how can i fight in this game?can somebody told me?and wher become weapon?
and i speaked with everybody in the city but nothing happens

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope...