BassHubStyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's the prob I have with my R4
ohmy.gif
Seems like there's going to be a patch or a new firmware soon..?

At least I hope so x_x

Edit: It stucks after creating the char,and yes I'm using 1.18 x_x

lcleong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
there is no firmware update on R4 anymore .. maybe wait for AR codes fix if is a protection? we'll see if other flashcart working or not... do u try ysmenu?

BassHubStyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Guess if there're that many flashcarts not working there will be a patch or code or something :/

Didn't try ysmenu
ohmy.gif
maybe I should at least try

lipucd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BassHubStyle said:
Guess if there're that many flashcarts not working there will be a patch or code or something :/

Didn't try ysmenu
ohmy.gif
maybe I should at least try
Please, Right now no one can get this freaking thing to work past the starting point.

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AppleJuice said:
Wow, early dump, it's not released until Christmas Day. I've been following all the news about this game since they announced it. It looks amazing.

Banger said:
If this does not happen to have English which I really doubt that it does people are going to be wanting 2 games translated. People are going to have their work cut out for them it seems.
It's getting an english language release in the Spring, so no translation required. I'll definitely be picking up a copy of the Japanese version though, just to see how it plays.

Info, trailers etc can be found here

There hasn't been an announced U.S. or European release date as far as I know. Maybe you're confusing this with Phantasy Star Portable for PSP.

Flibbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a big surprise, but it isn't working on ds-x. I can create and customize my character, but then it just sits at what seems to be a "saving character" screen. It doesn't freeze, it just hangs. Seems a code similar to Chrono Trigger is needed. Too bad, me being a HUGE PS fan, I flipped when I saw it leaked early.

lonfar

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Flibbo said:
Not a big surprise, but it isn't working on ds-x. I can create and customize my character, but then it just sits at what seems to be a "saving character" screen. It doesn't freeze, it just hangs. Seems a code similar to Chrono Trigger is needed. Too bad, me being a HUGE PS fan, I flipped when I saw it leaked early.

i second that too, CycloDS the same as well

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Edit: Idiot over forgot to check the game was the right one and ended up pulling apart ninja gaiden. The work is still good but for the wrong game.
Now for phantasy star.
Not bad from a hacking perspective.
Pulled apart the rom. Know that if this game was a decent sequel to PS4 on the megadrive I would come back to the translation scene in a heartbeat, alas we have a phantasy star online clone with the offline component amped up a bit. Still "interesting" is my verdict right now:
Many directories, all fairly nicely named. One NTFR font in the root of the data, assorted other common nitroSDK formats.
Text seems to come in many extensions "ZPR" though is the magic stamp of choice. No common Japanese or Western encoding I can see but what looks to be a common encoding throughout (there are hundred of text files ranging from inane to story.
Pointers in those files are not terribly obvious.
Sound in many sdat files.
ARM9 is LZ compressed. Uncompressed version features lots and lots of ASCII text that is sure to be of interest.
All overlays also compressed.

edit ZPR appears to indicate a type of compression. None of the "usual" files aside from SDAT work properly.
edit2 ZPR may well be a compression type but opening a bunch of files with the same extension after the ZPR part the file changes (all files have a magic stamp which means they should be roughly the same, being ASCII while the rest of the file is not means compression does not usually work). The rest of the files are similar regardless (not unusual but enough to mention here).

Ninja gaiden stuff.
Most files contained within the "dat" folder (dwc is download play as usual). The dat folder contains several nicely named files and subdirectories.
A few usual nitroSDK graphics formats (NSCBA, RGCN, nbsmd), an SDAT file (only 11 megs which is odd), some files with "SOFT" as an extension (not seen it before although I am not up on the latest games), AHX (a form of video as I recall, the ARM9 takes care of it) and a whole load of cmp files.
As cmp implies (and the magic stamp "ObjPkg" backs up) it means compressed files.
Some of the common formats are also compressed, secondly none of the cmp files compress that well (7z max settings) which is usually a sign of such things. From the looks of it a form of LZ although I am not sure if it is a custom one or a BIOS compatible one right now.

Via crystaltile2:
It seems to think LZ compression too and does it properly as well:
phantdemo1.PNG

I have to go out though so I will leave it at that.

edit: just to save the questions. The tool I used for that pictures is nsbmd from kiwi.ds (that same guy who did loads of the sdat sound format work).
It was originally on the tahaxan forums (you have to register to download) but you can get it here:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/r9e97x
Not my upload but I stand by it.
You will also need glut32.dll:
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?glut32
Note nearly every 3d file I have encountered on the DS has been compressed, I will say though if you do not know how to deal with basic compression you do not need to be doing this yet.

Did some more, work. The menu folder has a lot of LZ compressed 8bpp (GBA/DS standard) imagery. Forgive the lack of a decent palette

Also found the adx was used for some sounds in the game (hence the small SDAT file).

HazukiSon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as i'm thinking like the rest of you omg its out!(I loved the DC versions but nothing has stood upto it yet) The fact this is on the DS its so gonna have the hell cheated out of it
frown.gif
Such a shame i just hope they find a way to ban any idiots who cheat
mad.gif
hate2.gif

mc711

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i seem to have found the possible problem.
this needs a save fix. the reason being...
as everyone knows, it freezes when trying to save our character...
well the save works on no$gba but fails during gameplay...
so i tried transferring my no$gba sav with the saved character to my R4
but it shows that i have no created character...i also tried playing the game with no SAV file (ignore creating a SAV file on boot)
and it launches as well up to the saving part...so my conclusion is that we all need a save fix...
hope this can help a lil

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, these company's aren't taking this likely. They are giving all of us the finger by making anti-piracy games for this era.

nizzk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
Wow, these company's aren't taking this likely. They are giving all of us the finger by making anti-piracy games for this era.
no one remembers the monkey island piracy wheel?
dont copy that floppy.
lecture.gif

taq9hl.jpg

skroooagh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canonbeat234 said:

well what do you expect???? DS is the most pirated console ever, it makes sense that they would try SOMETHING........ this is obviously supposed to be a "monster hunter killer" so to do that it needs to sell an absolute TON of copies

I just wanna try it so I can decide whether or not to sell my ninty USB wifi dongle............... come on, PS0, DONT SUCKKKKK

Gamer

DS Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
skroooagh said:
Canonbeat234 said:

well what do you expect???? DS is the most pirated console ever, it makes sense that they would try SOMETHING........ this is obviously supposed to be a "monster hunter killer" so to do that it needs to sell an absolute TON of copies

I just wanna try it so I can decide whether or not to sell my ninty USB wifi dongle............... come on, PS0, DONT SUCKKKKK

What surpirses me is they keep trying even when they know this will get fixed in a few days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool