DS #2949: Chrono Trigger DS (Japan)

  • Thread starter Thread starter T-hug
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 320,505
  • Replies Replies 1,397
Opium said:
Sounds like Chrono Trigger DS uses multiple anti-piracy checks that popup at specific places. Much like Earthbound's anti-piracy measures. Will this one cheat code stop all that, or do we need to play the game through first to see if it gets broken again somewhere along the line?
It was like 8 cheat codes....
 
BelmontSlayer said:
ninjaice15 said:
Did anyone elses Chrono Trigger ROM start out in english? Wierd, isnt it the JPN release?

It detects the current language from your DS's settings and sets the game to either English or Japanese based on that.
Really? Thats fuckin cool.
 
ninjaice15 said:
BelmontSlayer said:
ninjaice15 said:
Did anyone elses Chrono Trigger ROM start out in english? Wierd, isnt it the JPN release?

It detects the current language from your DS's settings and sets the game to either English or Japanese based on that.
Really? Thats fuckin cool.
haha yea, I was tripping out about that in the beginning.
 
Ok. So I'm not retarded. But I am still pretty new.
I cannot run belmonts batch file seeing as I am running Linux, Wine isn't feeling like running it either.
What I need to know is what the game ID and/or proper format for a .txt cheat file for the M3DS Real.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I already pre-ordered the game, I just want to play it now like everyone else.
 
nictron84 said:
Ok. So I'm not retarded. But I am still pretty new.
I cannot run belmonts batch file seeing as I am running Linux, Wine isn't feeling like running it either.
What I need to know is what the game ID and/or proper format for a .txt cheat file for the M3DS Real.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I already pre-ordered the game, I just want to play it now like everyone else.
Linux, what a geek.
 
Windows, what a sheep.

Isn't geek a given, seeing as I am in a Chrono Trigger post for a pre-release NDS rom copy protection bypass code?
 
nictron84 said:
Ok. So I'm not retarded. But I am still pretty new.
I cannot run belmonts batch file seeing as I am running Linux, Wine isn't feeling like running it either.
What I need to know is what the game ID and/or proper format for a .txt cheat file for the M3DS Real.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I already pre-ordered the game, I just want to play it now like everyone else.

You should be able to run the patch fine if you use the Linux version of xDelta. Grab it from the official mirror here.
 
BelmontSlayer said:
Perseid said:
The codes make M3 Real Sakura crash using the patch program or a .TXT file in the cheats directory. Anyone get this to work on this card?

Look at my post a few messages back. I added a special version of the patch for M3 Real users.

The patch does the same thing as the cheat code - black screens.
 
I don't know which Nu I want to pick
frown.gif


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nictron84 said:
Windows, what a sheep.

Isn't geek a given, seeing as I am in a Chrono Trigger post for a pre-release NDS rom copy protection bypass code?
lmao, given, seeing? you can use one of those at a time, but combining them doesn't make you sound twice as smart, just makes you look like you need to get reacquainted with the english language..
 
Gutentag said:
nictron84 said:
Windows, what a sheep.

Isn't geek a given, seeing as I am in a Chrono Trigger post for a pre-release NDS rom copy protection bypass code?
lmao, given, seeing? you can use one of those at a time, but combining them doesn't make you sound twice as smart, just makes you look like you need to get reacquainted with the english language..
GTFO!
 
Ok here folks, I made a partial update to the Cheat database here:
http://cheats.gbatemp.net
It only includes new cheats for Chrono Trigger (J) including the game fix codes. There will be a bigger update in a little bit with cheats for other games.
 
Using BelmontSlayer's patch, it freezes at the startup screen: "Initializing save file memory. Do not turn the power OFF."

Supercard DS-One latest firmware.
 
Just FYI, the patch gives me 2 white screens using an M3 Simply and Ysmenu. Is it because Ysmenu has problems loading cheats?

Yep, works on the original R4 firmware. Thanks!
 
Yeah abou that its no longer

Playing it now.

I know there's footage of people playing this on YouTube and stuff already, but I'm making a list anyway...

Touch/dual screen controls can be turned off, as well as movies.

...The 5 character limit is still there.
Japanese version can switch between Japanese and English in the configuration. The game runs off of English if your DS runs in that.

"Crono, are you still sleeping?"
Funny how the "Good morning, Crono!" line isn't in it.

Touching the screen when in front of an object/character interacts with them, e.g. Crono closes the curtains.

'Settings' has lots of new options.
Game Mode - Switch between DS and Classic (toggles screen layout).
Battle Mode - Active and Wait.
Battle Speed - 1-8, same as before.
Battle Message Speed - 1-8, same as before.

Battle Cursor Memory - Set cursor memory level (Full, Actions, Commands, Off).
Status Bars - On or Off.
Battle Gauges - Same as before ("Cannot be used in DS Mode.").
Help Messages - Same as before? ("Cannot be used in DS Mode.").

Control Scheme - Edit the controls for A, B, X, Y.
Movement - Walk or Run.
Shortcut Assignments - "Via this screen, you can arrange the icons that are shown at the bottom of the screen as you wander about the world." Allows you quick access to different parts of the menu. Very neat!
Menu Cursor Memory - On or Off. 'Toggle cursor position memory.' Same as before.

Movies - On or Off. SNES purists rejoice!
Window Design - Nothing new here.
Language - JPN or ENG.

Tonics -> Potions

Mayor's Manor contains a document on a bed upstairs that tells you about DS and Classic modes.

Guy in the inn no longer calls you an airhead for not remembering the earthquake. I liked that line. >:
[For the record, I'm not covering the script differences unless it's something fairly important.]

Upon saving the Arena mode became available. From the title menu, I think.

Mentioned elsewhere but Tabs are now 'Capsules'. E.g. 'Strength Capsule'

The kid in the fair refers to Magus as the 'Fiendlord'.

Not a big change, "Beat me up and earn 15 silver points" is now "If you can beat me up you'll earn 15 points"

Warp to 600AD from the fair never ends.
 
Narin said:
Ok here folks, I made a partial update to the Cheat database here:
http://cheats.gbatemp.net
It only includes new cheats for Chrono Trigger (J) including the game fix codes. There will be a bigger update in a little bit with cheats for other games.


Narin, you and the rest of the crew that helped make this code possible truly are god among men
yaynds.gif
 
Gutentag said:
Narin said:
Ok here folks, I made a partial update to the Cheat database here:
http://cheats.gbatemp.net
It only includes new cheats for Chrono Trigger (J) including the game fix codes. There will be a bigger update in a little bit with cheats for other games.
ABOUT TIME

You are one of the worst trolls I have ever seen.
 

Site & Scene News