DS #2924: TrackMania (Europe)

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dryo said:
trackmania series?....has there been more than 2 trackmanias?,i just recall the free pc game.
There has been a few. Five (including the DS version), two of them being freeware (although I would just call them demos).

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
This might be a weird question, but does anyone know which studio at Firebrand developed this? They have two offices, one in Scotland and one in the USA; I like to play the "native" version of games, so for games developed in the UK, I prefer the (E) version, etc. So does anybody know which group developed this one?

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dryo said:
trackmania series?....has there been more than 2 trackmanias?,i just recall the free pc game.
Trackmania
Trackmania SunRise
Trackmania Nations (Free)
Trackmania United (Nations + SunRise)

Current games:
Trackmania Nations Forever (Updated version of Nations, free)
Trackmania United Forever (Updated version of United)

beethy

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome, it's out!
I'm a pretty big TM fan and this one rocks. It feels and plays pretty much like the PC version except that the physics feel a little floatier and on my R4 there is some slowdown.
But it still kicks ass. I love it

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive been flying off the tracks >.<
i think the graphics and feel of this game would be awesome for like
maybe a crazy taxi DS
or like the driving part of GTA
but thats just me

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Woot it's out! Bye CoD!!
nyanya.gif

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is, and always has been, mostly a single player game. It's all about record times and trying tracks a hundred times to beat the time. That's the only place where competition comes into it.
Yes, it's somewhat sad that this doesn't have online track sharing but it's easily the best (single player) DS racer up until now so that's easy to forgive. It beats the hell out of Mario Kart on everything except online competition.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YEAH!

It's finally out.

There are 3 main draws to trackmania (that most racing games do not have) - firstly, the slightly unrealistic (but much more fun) physics (you can't do huge loops in many freestyle racing games) - secondly, the huge element of trackbuilding (people can get very inventive) - thirdly, the LACK of collisions with other players, which means that any time you get is ultimately YOU, not 'Oh I just got cut up by someone'

Hopefully the DS version will be as good as this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope...