DS #2809: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (USA)

incinerator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
frostfire said:
I haven't read the whole topic, but the M3 wiki says this game will work, in contrary to the random freezes with PoR/DoS. So does this game really work with the good old M3 Perfect SD/MiniSD?

I've been running it on my M3 Perfect SD for about 8 total in-game hours, not a single freeze. Looks good!

opcode32

powerh8er par excellence
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sonius said:
whats about: Castlevania_Order_of_Ecclesia_USA_INTERNAL_NDS-XPA ?

Just ignore it. No idea why they pre these internal dupes. After all it's probably the same rom byte for byte. For movies it makes sense to internal sometimes (different encoder settings, cds, ac3 vs mp3 etc) but for ds releases it's just plain dumb imho.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have seen people that are experiencing some freeze. Like usual with Castelvania games, the microSD quality is very important and particulary access time to data.

No problem with my EZv NYE (k1.86) and my Toshiba 2GB Japan.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They say this is kinda like what Simon's Quest was. I have to try that game now!

Also, a hint. Don't always be so quick to kill enemies. For example, if you let the Necromancer in the forest live, he'll make a glyph that you can steal (and keep stealing--he's just like a heart generator!). XD Some other enemies do this too, so be watchful.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
knoxvillz said:
Joey R. said:
PS: After playing some more, I'm afraid I'll have to pass on this one. I've LOVED all the Metroidvanias since Symphony of the Night, specially DoS and PoR... but this one... Dunno if it's the game itself or if it's me who doesn't like the series as much as I used to...

yeh, i kinda feel the same. The game is good but i dunno, there's just something missing in this game...but i really miss the cool save and portal rooms in the other castlevania's, the ones in OoE just suck
I agree on the save rooms, but the portals? They're friggin' water/mirror things! they rock!

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jaargon said:
Can't seem to get past the giant crab in the tower. The most damage I can do is with two hammers. His claw seems to slowly move into me at random times and do a good chunk of damage (34 points). I get pwned the third time you have to move up, when you have to launch yourself between the magnetic spheres.
Attack his weak point for massive damage.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Picked it up in the store last night, which was a nice surprise. Loving it so far. Art work is amazing, and the gameplay is great, imo.

Saving seems to be much faster than DoS or PoR did, but I'll have to compare the retail to the rom to be sure.

Synopsis: See you guys in a couple weeks!
yaynds.gif

Psyren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So very true. (I've been listening to the English version of the game; picked it up yesterday in the store with the preorder soundtrack) I've found this one to be a lot harder than the previous 2 DS ones (and, like a lot of people those were my first Castlevanias to play), as the fact that I die...a lot. I died a lot in DoS and PoR but dying in this game is like an every five minute thing for me. .-.

Plus, it may just be me....but I hate the Magnet Glyph. I'm slowly getting used to it, but having to use it in boss fights is more an annoyance than a help for me. *Had to have my brother beat the first Island Prison boss because of that stupid thing* I also haven't found a wonderful combination of glyphs yet, but I'm still working on it. I am possibly looking forward to selling things in the shop and seeing what else I can find/unlock.

So far...it's a wait-and-see for me on whether I'll enjoy the game as much as the previous two.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
shadowboy said:
knoxvillz said:
Joey R. said:
PS: After playing some more, I'm afraid I'll have to pass on this one. I've LOVED all the Metroidvanias since Symphony of the Night, specially DoS and PoR... but this one... Dunno if it's the game itself or if it's me who doesn't like the series as much as I used to...

yeh, i kinda feel the same. The game is good but i dunno, there's just something missing in this game...but i really miss the cool save and portal rooms in the other castlevania's, the ones in OoE just suck
I agree on the save rooms, but the portals? They're friggin' water/mirror things! they rock!

Actually what happened to save room and portals? Can anybody give me some screen? my DS's screen protector is missing
smile.gif
I can't risk to play

LoneSyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, anyone know how to get the glyph in the Monastery behind the wall that has those falling rocks everytime you destroy them? I never seem to get enough time to absorb the glyph before the rocks block me.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kilvearn said:
Would anybody know the save size of the game ?
I need it for the Supercard DS One...
Thanks a lot, I cannot wait to play this game !! :-)
64 MBytes (or 512Mbit), same as the other two Castlevanias.

QUOTE(VISHI SO FISHI @ Oct 22 2008, 01:36 AM) guys,i played the old one ages ago but found nothing "Cool" in it,it was kinda crappy,is there anykind of difference in this..

What would u rate the difficulty out of X/10?
And gameplay out of X/10?
I agree, there's nothing special about this, except that it's so difficult, almost to the point of frustration.

haringtonl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0o I hate the bosses, I need to know what their moves are first, before I can try to do combos on them.

Any advices for killing that skeleton boss on the prison island?

Nvm, this guy has vids of a few bosses.

OoE Boss Videos

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LoneSyn said:
Hm, anyone know how to get the glyph in the Monastery behind the wall that has those falling rocks everytime you destroy them? I never seem to get enough time to absorb the glyph before the rocks block me.
You have to use a glyph union attack (up+X/Y, uses hearts) to break enough blocks at once. Timing will be tight. You should make use of the nearby save point, because this may take many tries, and you don't have that many hearts.
I could only get it to work with Ascia (the throwing axe) set to both X and Y, and then only with a double jump, which you don't have the first time you go through the Monastery.
Double jump, then use the attack on the way back down. You need to use the attack as early as possible while still breaking the bottom row of blocks (the idea is to break all the blocks above and below the glyph). Hold up to absorb the glyph as soon as you can (before the attack animation is over). If you fail, wait until. the entire wall of blocks refills before you try again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I have discovered a hilarious corner of youtube. meme ASMR
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    Veho @ Veho: What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous...