DS #2809: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (USA)

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
I dont know what people see in these Castlevania games.. I mean, yeah, I spose they are good, But they're nothing spectacular to me.. I think Eragon DS is better than this..

Probably just because I dont like the gameplay..
smile.gif

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curley5959 said:
I dont know what people see in these Castlevania games.. I mean, yeah, I spose they are good, But they're nothing spectacular to me.. I think Eragon DS is better than this..

smile.gif

Wow, that's horrible Curley. I kind of feel sorry that you can't enjoy this series.
tongue.gif
Ever since I played the first one in the mid eighties, I've been completely hooked to this series(and this type of gameplay, which I love the Metroid series too) ever since.

But everyone has their own tastes.

aznboi104

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cmonster said:
aznboi104 said:
eh im using a dsx so basically im using crap >.> (left my M3 at home and cant go back for a while..)
i cant it to past the freezing so yea..
PLEASE SOMEONE UPLOAD A SAV. FILE AND TELL ME WHAT CARD YOU WERE USING T_T
IM DESPERATE!!!!!!!!! (been looking so forward to this game Y.Y)

UofG2000 found a method to make the game work with DSX. I'm not sure exactly how we managed to fix it but the method worked for both of us so it should work for anyone. Here's the thread.
OMFG dude i fuking love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TY TY TY TY TY TY TY TY *runs in circles and scream ty*

ive always had a feeling one day those ppl would revert back to the old arm 7 o.o

TY DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!

cmonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
aznboi104 said:
cmonster said:
aznboi104 said:
eh im using a dsx so basically im using crap >.> (left my M3 at home and cant go back for a while..)
i cant it to past the freezing so yea..
PLEASE SOMEONE UPLOAD A SAV. FILE AND TELL ME WHAT CARD YOU WERE USING T_T
IM DESPERATE!!!!!!!!! (been looking so forward to this game Y.Y)

UofG2000 found a method to make the game work with DSX. I'm not sure exactly how we managed to fix it but the method worked for both of us so it should work for anyone. Here's the thread.

OMFG dude i fuking love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TY TY TY TY TY TY TY TY *runs in circles and scream ty*

ive always had a feeling one day those ppl would revert back to the old arm 7 o.o

TY DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!

No problem, though UofG2000 deserves all the credit.

QUOTE(Curley5959 @ Oct 22 2008, 06:53 AM)

smile.gif

If you were to ask me, my favorite things about Castlevania games are the atmosphere, the exploration, the challenge and definitely the music. The story is pretty decent and it's also interesting to see how new games connect with the older series, too.

Personally, it's one of those games that makes me feel like I've accomplished something when I beat it and I enjoy almost every minute of it.

Avalyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
jami2o said:
Zaraf said:
Is it freezing after the movie for anyone? I can't even get into the game (using M3 Simply). The game starts loading, the intro movie plays, and then just black screens
frown.gif
Japanese version works fine for me....

Wrong rom (sure!!) I use M3 simply too, and no problem
wink.gif

yeah it's workin fine on my m3 simply too!

NemesisHunter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Workin' mighty fine on me M3 Simply here mate. This game is HARD compared to previous DS Castlevanias, more akin to the difficulty of classic Castlevanias...

I love it.

As in, Masochist Love.

I don't care when I play as a sexy, emotionless, bada$$ woman with no memories, lol.

seracrux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its working on my R4 with 1gb Kingston Japan. with firmware 1.18 and the YSmenu patch
Got through the first boss fight with no freezes so far.
I also quit and reloaded the game to check and it still works.

Game is fun so far. You can even change the voices to japanese via the in game options menu.

Kilvearn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Would anybody know the save size of the game ?
I need it for the Supercard DS One...
Thanks a lot, I cannot wait to play this game !! :-)

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
VISHI SO FISHI said:
guys,i played the old one ages ago but found nothing "Cool" in it,it was kinda crappy,is there anykind of difference in this..

What would u rate the difficulty out of X/10?
And gameplay out of X/10?

If you don't like the core gameplay, then nope, this isn't for you.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
just been playing this game, and ive just got to the first boss. impressions so far? really nice looking and sounding game, and it seems a little harder than the previous 2 ds releases. really liking so far.
biggrin.gif

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cornaljoe said:
Xuio said:
Strange... between intro and menu screen, my ds' power led is blinking (green-black (off)). Has anyone have the same?

ps. i'm using m3real

Yeah, I noticed this too. I'm using the M3Real Sakura Triple-Boot.

I don't think anyone has answered your question yet. That's not a problem, that's a "feature". You see, this game links with Castlevania: Judgement and other copies of Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. That blinking is you at startup is actually the game "searching" for something to link with. Pokémon DPP do the exact same thing, in fact. You need to sync the DS with the device that sends the signal (be it another DS or a Wii) in order to recieve the Mystery Gift, eggs, etc. I assume this game does the same.

PS: After playing some more, I'm afraid I'll have to pass on this one. I've LOVED all the Metroidvanias since Symphony of the Night, specially DoS and PoR... but this one... Dunno if it's the game itself or if it's me who doesn't like the series as much as I used to...

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joey R. said:
PS: After playing some more, I'm afraid I'll have to pass on this one. I've LOVED all the Metroidvanias since Symphony of the Night, specially DoS and PoR... but this one... Dunno if it's the game itself or if it's me who doesn't like the series as much as I used to...

yeh, i kinda feel the same. The game is good but i dunno, there's just something missing in this game...but i really miss the cool save and portal rooms in the other castlevania's, the ones in OoE just suck

Lametta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I just started playing it and I think it's harder than the previous chapters (PoR was much easier since the beginning) ...well I've never been a good Castlevania player, let's see if I can go through this OeE

ron555

Trophies
XP
Country
Holy shit, WTF is going on with the crap.

I'm all the way to top (with the 2 "boss" doors and I've been hitting this crabass for the past 20 minutes NONSTOP and I still can't kill him. Is this a bug in the game? I mean, jesus, I must of drained 50,000 HP by now! I hit the guy nonstop for 20 minutes!

[2 min after this post ] HAHAH omg I'm an idiot. I won't spoil it for you guys. I'm an idiot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That was a hilarious YT K3Nv2 :rofl2: