DS #2809: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (USA)

B-Blue

slut
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
Destructobot said:
LoneSyn said:
Hm, anyone know how to get the glyph in the Monastery behind the wall that has those falling rocks everytime you destroy them? I never seem to get enough time to absorb the glyph before the rocks block me.
You have to use a glyph union attack (up+X/Y, uses hearts) to break enough blocks at once. Timing will be tight. You should make use of the nearby save point, because this may take many tries, and you don't have that many hearts.
I could only get it to work with Ascia (the throwing axe) set to both X and Y.
Jump, then use the attack on the way back down. You need to use the attack as early as possible while still breaking the bottom row of blocks. Hold up to absorb the glyph as soon as you can (before the attack animation is over). If you fail, wait for the entire wall of blocks refills before you try again.

Just use Umbra and Luminatio together to create this HUGE explosion which will destroy all the blocks.

BTW, the glyph behind the blocks isn't worth it.
ph34r.gif

Happy now Desu?

EDIT:
QUOTE(Destructobot @ Oct 22 2008, 11:45 PM)
Also, where do you get Umbra?

Black Fomor in Misty Forest Road
DON'T KILL THE SON OF A BITCH, wait for him to attack, and then you will see the glyph, ABSORB IT!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I finally broke into the game earlier today. I wanted to finish PoR first, which I did (for the second time) this afternoon. I must say, I'm immediately enamored with Ecclesia. The basic moveset is much more enjoyable, and I'm using the L-button dodge move more in the beginning of this game than ever did in either DoS or PoR combined. Also, the magnetic glyph is just pure fun! Additionally, I like the sort of mission-based adventure approach they seem to have taken here. I definitely don't think it's better than the exploratory nature of the past two games, but it's certainly a nice change; why do the same thing over and over again when you can breathe some fresh into the formula.

Gonna really savor this sucker...even if the art style could use an update (in my opinion).
wink2.gif

alexuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, yes I am a noob to you guys but could anyone please help me set the save type in no$gba for this game, it doesn't seem to save
frown.gif
hate2.gif

Thanks
smile.gif

alexuk

Trophies
XP
Country
kjean said:
alexuk said:
Hi, yes I am a noob to you guys but could anyone please help me set the save type in no$gba for this game, it doesn't seem to save
frown.gif
hate2.gif

Thanks
smile.gif
Even AUTO doesn't work? Not sure, 'cos I'm using got$nds.

Ah well it seems auto works, for the first time I ran it, it didn't save, now it does, very odd. Great new castlevania which doesn't seem to be totally rehashed sprites
biggrin.gif

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Destructobot said:
I'm so happy.

Umbra?

Edit: Yeah, B-Blue's method is a lot easier than mine. It can be done either way though.

i actually used the scythe to get that, just jump and use the union glyph and then hold up. It took me two tries but atleast it works. Also is it me or do the enemies just drop nothing but ingredients?? i'm trying to complete the drop list for all enemies on my first playthrough but it seems all the enemies just drop ingredients or items needed for missions in the village. I was hoping to find some kind of special armor or accessories but so far there's nothing...

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There wasn't much to it, so I figured I would scan the pertinent sections of the instruction booklet if anyone's interested (local download).

Feel free to PM me for higher res images if you need them.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I heard the manual was lacking, but...wow. Lacking big time. D:

At least I'm not missing out this time around.

By the way. Anyone know what the Fire Demon's first drop is? I know the second is Crimson Armor or Mail or whatever, but I can't get his first drop to drop. I'm betting on some form of Crimson legwear, since I found a helmet from the set and that makes me wonder just what having a complete set does, if anything. =P

B-Blue

slut
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
Doomsday Forte said:
Wow, I heard the manual was lacking, but...wow. Lacking big time. D:

At least I'm not missing out this time around.

By the way. Anyone know what the Fire Demon's first drop is? I know the second is Crimson Armor or Mail or whatever, but I can't get his first drop to drop. I'm betting on some form of Crimson legwear, since I found a helmet from the set and that makes me wonder just what having a complete set does, if anything. =P

1- Crimson Greaves
2- Crimson Mail
3- Ignis

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szyslak said:
There wasn't much to it, so I figured I would scan the pertinent sections of the instruction booklet if anyone's interested (local download).

Thanks, I can't believe how skimpy that book is! Something's wrong when nearly half the manual is about the wifi modes.

shadexx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2short said:
jami2o said:
Zaraf said:
Is it freezing after the movie for anyone? I can't even get into the game (using M3 Simply). The game starts loading, the intro movie plays, and then just black screens
frown.gif
Japanese version works fine for me....

Wrong rom (sure!!) I use M3 simply too, and no problem
wink.gif

yeah it's workin fine on my m3 simply too!

Im using M3 Simply and have the same problem as Zaraf

Trizae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Get an axe glyph, and equip it in both attack slots. Start the fight, jump and hold R to hold yourself on the magnet point. You can attack him while you're holding R, and when he gets close enough to hit you move yourself to the upper left corner of the screen. The skeleton will back away while you're in the corner. Using this technique you can win without taking damage and receive a skeleton medal for your trouble.

Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I only have one axe glyph and i forgot which monster gives it. I never knew if I go to a corner he backs off thanks I'm going to try again tomorrow playing MHF2 atm.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mehenry said:
I only have one axe glyph and i forgot which monster gives it. I never knew if I go to a corner he backs off thanks I'm going to try again tomorrow playing MHF2 atm.

You can equip the glyph to both the X and Y buttons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool