1. incinerator

incinerator Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I've been running it on my M3 Perfect SD for about 8 total in-game hours, not a single freeze. Looks good!

2. opcode32

opcode32 powerh8er par excellence

United States
    Just ignore it. No idea why they pre these internal dupes. After all it's probably the same rom byte for byte. For movies it makes sense to internal sometimes (different encoder settings, cds, ac3 vs mp3 etc) but for ds releases it's just plain dumb imho.

3. virtualboy

virtualboy Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Dupe.

4. Mbmax

Mbmax Homebrew addicted

I have seen people that are experiencing some freeze. Like usual with Castelvania games, the microSD quality is very important and particulary access time to data.

No problem with my EZv NYE (k1.86) and my Toshiba 2GB Japan.

5. shakirmoledina

Tanzania
    marvelous news!! Finally it's out and seems like it still maintains it's fabulousness...

6. Doomsday Forte

Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    They say this is kinda like what Simon's Quest was. I have to try that game now!

Also, a hint. Don't always be so quick to kill enemies. For example, if you let the Necromancer in the forest live, he'll make a glyph that you can steal (and keep stealing--he's just like a heart generator!). XD Some other enemies do this too, so be watchful.

7. shadowboy

United States
    I agree on the save rooms, but the portals? They're friggin' water/mirror things! they rock!

8. Ferrariman

Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    Attack his weak point for massive damage.

9. ENDscape

ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Wow 51 users are reading this. So this is where the ips error is coming from >.

10. Szyslak

Szyslak Nudibranch Lover

United States
    Picked it up in the store last night, which was a nice surprise. Loving it so far. Art work is amazing, and the gameplay is great, imo.

Saving seems to be much faster than DoS or PoR did, but I'll have to compare the retail to the rom to be sure.

Synopsis: See you guys in a couple weeks! [​IMG]

11. Raven Darkheart

Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    the extra plus for this game is built in JPN voices. nu undubbing FTW

12. Psyren

Psyren Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So very true. (I've been listening to the English version of the game; picked it up yesterday in the store with the preorder soundtrack) I've found this one to be a lot harder than the previous 2 DS ones (and, like a lot of people those were my first Castlevanias to play), as the fact that I die...a lot. I died a lot in DoS and PoR but dying in this game is like an every five minute thing for me. .-.

Plus, it may just be me....but I hate the Magnet Glyph. I'm slowly getting used to it, but having to use it in boss fights is more an annoyance than a help for me. *Had to have my brother beat the first Island Prison boss because of that stupid thing* I also haven't found a wonderful combination of glyphs yet, but I'm still working on it. I am possibly looking forward to selling things in the shop and seeing what else I can find/unlock.

So far...it's a wait-and-see for me on whether I'll enjoy the game as much as the previous two.

13. johnnywalker

johnnywalker GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    As far I' ve played only Castlevania: PoR. It was AWESOME!!! I'd love to play this one as soon as I get forth DS Lite.

14. Raestloz

Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    Actually what happened to save room and portals? Can anybody give me some screen? my DS's screen protector is missing [​IMG] I can't risk to play

15. LUGiA

LUGiA GBAtemp Fan

How do u save on this game where is the very first save point...

16. xJonny

xJonny ...

XPA's xpa-cvoe is the proper one it seems.

17. LoneSyn

LoneSyn Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hm, anyone know how to get the glyph in the Monastery behind the wall that has those falling rocks everytime you destroy them? I never seem to get enough time to absorb the glyph before the rocks block me.

18. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I agree, there's nothing special about this, except that it's so difficult, almost to the point of frustration.

19. haringtonl

haringtonl GBAtemp Regular

United States
    0o I hate the bosses, I need to know what their moves are first, before I can try to do combos on them.

Any advices for killing that skeleton boss on the prison island?

Nvm, this guy has vids of a few bosses.

OoE Boss Videos

20. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    You have to use a glyph union attack (up+X/Y, uses hearts) to break enough blocks at once. Timing will be tight. You should make use of the nearby save point, because this may take many tries, and you don't have that many hearts.
    I could only get it to work with Ascia (the throwing axe) set to both X and Y, and then only with a double jump, which you don't have the first time you go through the Monastery.
    Double jump, then use the attack on the way back down. You need to use the attack as early as possible while still breaking the bottom row of blocks (the idea is to break all the blocks above and below the glyph). Hold up to absorb the glyph as soon as you can (before the attack animation is over). If you fail, wait until. the entire wall of blocks refills before you try again.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Castlevania, Ecclesia, #2809