DS #2385: Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (Japan)

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh cool! But you don't have to go looking for them or anything ^^;;

One of these days I'll have to mess around with the song creation aspect of the game. Try to put some more music in there ^^

Impossible

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, it's fine, because if you ask for things I'm also interested in, then I end up finding something I wouldn't have thought of otherwise.

I just found another three kickass Zelda songs which aren't in the saves, so I'd better upload those - and seriously, play the ones in the last save (they have English names), they're awesome. These ones are TP's Hyrule Field (including both on foot and horseback versions), TMC's credits (same melody as the Cloud Tops theme which I've been wanting to make), and ALttP's Dark World.

http://rapidshare.com/files/129304189/Zelda.zip.html

Basically, all three are songs I've intended to make - hell, the TP Hyrule Field theme sounds almost EXACTLY how mine (which I did a little bit on in BB) would have. Even though I'm happy and excited to play some of my favourite Zelda music, I really wanted to make at least one of those songs, so I'm actually annoyed. Dark World has been on my to-do list for years, and then someone goes and makes a great version of it. The TP and TMC songs were both made by the same person, who apparently shares my taste for awesome Zelda music. I just like the songs I make myself more, because I understand every instrument and what's going on at all times. And I think mine tend to be really high quality. Hopefully these are all good though, I haven't played them yet.

Still, almost anything can be made far better in BBDX's editor, so you never know what potential there is to do something that's been made before...

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll have to give them a go tomorrow, as it's really late for me right now x_x But yeah, I started to--I've been started from back-to-front, and the second I hit The Great Sea, I was happy ~_~

Those three are great songs
ohmy.gif
I'll need to get on that song creator some time: there's a few good songs I could pro'lly pull out of the games I've played over the years~

EDIT: You know, I don't think we have a Deku Palace remix yet from Majora's Mask. Maybe that'll be one to look out from (Majora's Mask had some good music too.

Impossible

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The Great Sea is one of the songs that was in Nintendo Dream magazine in Japan. A few songs that they had later ended up in the expansion for the first game, so it's a shame they didn't put any in BBDX as well. It would have taken so little effort, and I really want the Golden Sun theme. >_<

The other ND songs there are the Meteos Menu theme (sequenced by the original composer of the song), a great SMB medley, Ricco Harbor from SMS, and the SSBM menu theme (I can't remember if I put this in, because FAB's is great and you already had that).

I found the songs from my last post while doing a search for Zelda songs here... I just did another one for Mario songs and came across some more great songs, so I'll have to upload those later. I already put Good Egg and Gusty Garden from SMG in the last save, but the same person who made the TMC and TP songs did a few songs from SMG, including those, the Star Festival song, and the credits music (which is incredible).

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Galaxu music? Oh fuck yeah--I need to play those tonight
biggrin.gif

As I just edited in the last post of mine: there's a lack of Majora's Mask music, it seems. I'm surprised Deku Palace hasn't been done yet >.>

Impossible

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fkusumot said:
If you have a song saved in the 100 user slots (not the locked 100 download slots) can you re-arrange the music and fix the names on the songs?

Yes, I've done it with the songs I added. It would take a long time to do it to everything, though.

And now I have a request that I hope is possible. I want to submit a couple of songs to Nintendo, but I've just learned that if they get accepted, they'll be moved to my permanent 100 download slots. This strikes me as insanely unfair, because there's no legal or cost issue with me making the song for myself, and as I didn't download from them, it makes absolutely no sense. They're effectively charging me money (part of the cost of the game) for my own song, which it costs them nothing for me to have.

So rather than doing this on the cartridge, I want to submit my songs from a ROM, but my current save file cannot connect to Wi-Fi. Is there an R4 save that will make this possible?

Edit: Actually, it looks like song submission works, even though Wi-Fi otherwise doesn't. Hopefully the fact that it was submitted from a ROM doesn't effect whether or not it gets accepted... Still, don't download any songs by "Impossi" if you have the real game as well, because they're the same as my BDX files.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
is it normal for when i start the speaker channel, after about 5 seconds it resets back to the wii menu?

(is it just cuz i didn't recognise any ds's?)

also is it normal to not be able to see the channel title? is it because it's in japanese.

Running PAL wii i think 3.2 firmware (Whatever PAL brawl updated it to)

Dacvak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Impossible, you're really tearing up all this user-created content, and I really appreciate it.

However, I'm rummaging through the last few pages, and everything seems a bit disorganized, and some files are updated. Anyway, I was wondering if you'd be interested in making an end-all collection for BBDX including all of the files you've provided so far (preferably with English names), converted for BBDX, with room for additional content. (Like, have 400-500 songs across 5 save files, then release "expansion" files if we ever get any more.)

I'd be interested in providing information on all the tracks in a Wiki of some sort.

I understand that this would be a great deal of work, but I know that it would be infinitely helpful for everyone. If you need someone to help convert BBS to BDX files, I can help. Or if you'd like help in getting rid of duplicates, I can certainly help.

Please consider doing this, because it would really be incredible for everyone wanting to play all of this fantastic user-created content in an organized fashion.

If you want to contact me outside of this forum, my AIM address is "Shigeru Miyamoto" (clutch, I know. =P)

~Dac

JaySee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Impossible said:
Edit: Well, my songs aren't on the site they normally are yet, but I have uploaded them here. They're the ones uploaded by Impossible, I've put the download keys in the details.

Edit 2: Yep, I just checked, these were imported with the version of bdxtool that results in super quiet instruments and messed up sound balance. There are some amazing things on here, though - you did a better job finding BBS files than I did, and I'd like to think I have a pretty excellent collection. Can you make a zip/rar of the BBS files themselves, or import them again in the new bdxtool? It would be great to have them converted properly. I mean, I can't speak for ALL BBS composers, but I put a lot of effort into sound balance, and I'm sure many of the people who made those files wouldn't like to think that people are playing them with half of the instruments inaudible.

How do i download other files than yours from http://banbro.moero.info/up/?page=all ?

da_rula

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Short question:

Is there already a way to dump my original save file with a slot2 tool like Reinmoon and put it, after some custom song adding, back on the original cartridge?

That would be awesome
smile.gif

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been away for a few weeks now, and while I was away, this came out, and before I got back, the solution to the problem was out too. I'm really confused on how to get this to run. I know it's something about 8mb save, and blah blah blah, that stuff, but can anyone give me a link to a full tutorial on what to do step by step in order to get it to run on an R4. I searched, but I didn't know what to search since everyhting i put in was a bit to broad. Also, I'm really interested in the bbdxtool, is there a link to a tutorial on that too? I tried yasu's website, but it was pretty much all in jap, so i didnt know what to do. Thanks!

nori2nori

Trophies
XP
Country
You can retrieve/save the fully 8MB save from/to "Daigasso! Band Brothers DX" cartridge by using any Slot2 Development Tools, such as EZ4, SuperCard, and M3 Perfect/Lite. You need to use "NDS Backup Tool Slot2 v031" tool for this purpose. You need to patch to the tool in order to allow it to access fully 8MB address range as follows;

NDS_Backup_Tool_Slot2.nds
00001264: 14 17
00001270: 01 02
00001271: 06 05
000016A0: 14 17
000016AC: 01 02
000016AD: 06 05
00001A54: 14 17
00001A5E: 02 A0
00001A5F: 02 03
00001B6C: 14 17
00001B78: 01 02
00001B79: C6 C5

URL of NDS Backup Tool Slot2 v031 is as follows;
http://www009.upp.so-net.ne.jp/rudolph/nds...l_Slot2_031.zip

Enjoy
grog.gif

da_rula

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thx nori2nori. Is this patching via hex mode 100% safe? Because i really dont wanna lose my Daigasso save.

Ah, and btw. Is this really correct? Look at these 2 lines:

00001270: 01 02
00001271: 06 05

I'm not very good at using a hex editor, but doesnt "00001270: 01 02" mean that 00001270 is 01 and 00001271 is 02? So how can "00001271: 06 05" be possible
then? The 06 would overwrite the 02. Or am i getting it totally wrong?
frown.gif

I just had another idea. I use the rom of daigasso dx with a slot1 card, inject the songs with bdxtool into the .sav, boot the rom up, and then just
send the songs to my original game using a second DS
wink.gif

Can someone tell me how i can send a song to a second daigasso dx?

nori2nori

Trophies
XP
Country
@da_rula

Huuuuuum...., you should not use that patch. I don't recommend that to beginners

"00001270: 01 02" means data of address:00001270 to be changed from 01 to 02, and "00001271: 06 05" means data of address:00001271 to be changed from 06 to 05 as follows;

NDS_Backup_Tool_Slot2.nds
00001264: 14 -> 17
00001270: 01 -> 02
00001271: 06 -> 05
000016A0: 14 -> 17
000016AC: 01 -> 02
000016AD: 06 -> 05
00001A54: 14 -> 17
00001A5E: 02 -> A0
00001A5F: 02 -> 03
00001B6C: 14 -> 17
00001B78: 01 -> 02
00001B79: C6 -> C5

If you think you can change the save in your "Daigasso! Band Brothers DX" cartridge by using bdxtool, you don't need the patched NDS Backup Tool Slot2 tool. I want to have such excellent bdxtool!
yaypsp.gif

I am using a bdx adaptor with NDS Adaptor to read/write .sav from/to the DX cartridge , I think the bdx adapter is very good software!
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/7bH4YgV.mp4