DS #2381: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (Europe)

taliosfalcon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZML said:
So I grabbed this, and a copy of FFTA (E), so I could get Libra.
Booted up the game, went through the school intro, got Libra, was told about Magick.

wtf.gif
" 'Magick'? No, fuck this. That's gonna piss me off. I'll wait for the US release."

I understand, it's the localization. And it wouldn't bother me so much if I weren't so anal about things.

Anyways!
I can't wait for the US dump, free of Magicks. XD

I don't mean to offend, just found my reaction funny.
I'm pretty sure they took to calling magic "Magick" in FFXII, in all versions, I would assume the US release will also call it magick

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
taliosfalcon said:
ZML said:
So I grabbed this, and a copy of FFTA (E), so I could get Libra.
Booted up the game, went through the school intro, got Libra, was told about Magick.

wtf.gif
" 'Magick'? No, fuck this. That's gonna piss me off. I'll wait for the US release."

I understand, it's the localization. And it wouldn't bother me so much if I weren't so anal about things.

Anyways!
I can't wait for the US dump, free of Magicks. XD

I don't mean to offend, just found my reaction funny.
I'm pretty sure they took to calling magic "Magick" in FFXII, in all versions, I would assume the US release will also call it magick

Yup, it's called Magick. Have fun with that.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i loled. first bost (tutorial maybe?) everyone else had died leaving the main character (called him jesus) to kill the crushatrice. crushatrice had 153 health left, jesus only had 21. jesus could only do 23dmg to crushatrice went through and managed to kill it one shot lol.

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
uuuuh, i mis this quote "Note: GBAtemp Does Not Host Illegal Downloads, Or Allow ROM Requests. If You Are Unsure On What We Do Offer Here, Please Refer To The Forum Rules" for theDS game; Are You Smarter Than Fifth Grade?

ECJanga

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Incomplete said:
i loled. first bost (tutorial maybe?) everyone else had died leaving the main character (called him jesus) to kill the crushatrice. crushatrice had 153 health left, jesus only had 21. jesus could only do 23dmg to crushatrice went through and managed to kill it one shot lol.

Actually I found it weird too. But anyway, the Crushatrice flies away when it's HP gets around under 150 or something
wtf.gif

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you guys suggest a balanced party to play for the first time? I'm waiting for a FAQ to be uploaded to GameFAQs, but in the meantime I could use some help =/

ravagekd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nothing wrong with your starting party (and in fact, you will likely be "stuck" with them for a bit until you start being able to hire new people). Main char soldier type, you have a tank in the warrior, you have a BM and a WM, a thief (not terrible attacker but mostly useless otherwise early on, at least he's a moogle so you can get some good jobs off him soon enough) and an archer. "balanced" party totally depends on your playing style, but for a standard 6-man group I tend to prefer 2 heavy hitters, BM, WM, another ranged char like an archer, and then I usually flip out the 6th slot depending on the mission (ie: is a beastmaster going to be helpful, do i want another WM on the field, another BM/Archer for more ranged attacks and what type, etc)

I posted this on the (U) thread but will reiterate it here... I already found my first bug/"feature" in the game when the Law was that you could not target anyone 2 or more squares away from the attacker. My thief attacked a mob and landed a crit, pushing the mob back 1 square: despite the fact that I attacked him from only 1 square away, I "failed" the Clan Trial for breaking the law since apparently the game does its check of where the attacker/target(s) are AFTER the attack happens. Sigh. Like it's my fault I pushed him back... the % to crit is really freaking low
mad.gif
oh well.

On the whole definitely excited A2 is finally out! Only got about 2 hours in it so far but many more where that came from
cool.gif

Scathraax

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Agh.. Not having played FFTA1 in a long while, I forgot how hard it is to get new abilities near the beginning of the game.
I've got a few characters in my clan learning worthless abilities, just because there's nothing for them in the jobs I want them to have.

Anywho, that and "magick" aside, I'm loving FFTA2. Possibly more than I did FFTA1, and I had hundreds of hours spent on that.
grog.gif

O

oneeter

Can anyone confirm if the retail version is noticeably faster then a flashcart version?
The game seems abit slow for me, or is it just my EZ flash 4?
I have a good micro SD card speed, but it just seems to lag a bit more then necessary between selecting actions and performing them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work