DS #2381: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (Europe)

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I added a ton of new cheats for the game to the cheat database. Also expect more soon! After I go get some sleep, I plan to add in an EXP Multiplier Code for all you cheaters out there. Oh, I also inlcluded an unlock all jobs cheat as well as Max AP after battle cheat among many others!

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
:/
This game has crashed 5 times on that tomato level for me. I'll keep trying just in case it's a dodgy connection between the MicroSD and R4, but it's a little weird. Summon Night didn't crash when I played it either.
Very odd...

Besides that, it's a very good game. A little lacking in the story department, and it's soooooooo similar to the first. But to be honest, who cares, it's still an awesome game lol.

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ravagekd said:
nothing wrong with your starting party (and in fact, you will likely be "stuck" with them for a bit until you start being able to hire new people). Main char soldier type, you have a tank in the warrior, you have a BM and a WM, a thief (not terrible attacker but mostly useless otherwise early on, at least he's a moogle so you can get some good jobs off him soon enough) and an archer. "balanced" party totally depends on your playing style, but for a standard 6-man group I tend to prefer 2 heavy hitters, BM, WM, another ranged char like an archer, and then I usually flip out the 6th slot depending on the mission (ie: is a beastmaster going to be helpful, do i want another WM on the field, another BM/Archer for more ranged attacks and what type, etc)

I posted this on the (U) thread but will reiterate it here... I already found my first bug/"feature" in the game when the Law was that you could not target anyone 2 or more squares away from the attacker. My thief attacked a mob and landed a crit, pushing the mob back 1 square: despite the fact that I attacked him from only 1 square away, I "failed" the Clan Trial for breaking the law since apparently the game does its check of where the attacker/target(s) are AFTER the attack happens. Sigh. Like it's my fault I pushed him back... the % to crit is really freaking low
mad.gif
oh well.

On the whole definitely excited A2 is finally out! Only got about 2 hours in it so far but many more where that came from
cool.gif

Mmmm... I think I'll start mastering abilities. When I get more jobs, I will decide my party. I'll probably go with a Dual-weapon Fighter (Luso), an archer Assassin, a Grey Mage Nu Mou (White+Black), a moogle Time/Black (or Time/dunno what) Mage and a Paladin/Blue Mage (or Paladin/something) Hume. Dunno about my Bangaa.

As for "broken features", I have lost a clan trial because I was against three blob-like enemies (those red ones), which are inmune to physical attacks, and the use of elemental Magick was banned. There was no way I could hurt them, save for arrows... and I had to kill them in less than three turns.
There was also one mission where an enemy made me brake the law. He put my character into "auto mode" and he used Blizzard, which was forbiden. Sigh.

ravagekd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, "confuse" and then have your party member break the law sucks. I had a "no blunt objects" law, including staffs, and then my BM got confused and melee-attack'd. bye-bye judge.

for the record, the Flan level with elemental magic banned (IIRC it's a clan trial) is NOT a bug. Try and do something next to them, but don't attack........ I'll stop talking for fear of spoiler warning. 8-)

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My first 24 hours in and I've already encountered a potential game-killing bug/glitch (on M3 Perfect SD Slot-2).

After the second Komodo Search mission (searching for the Potions in the snowy area with the guest Soldier), the game will hang when trying to access anything beyond the world map menu. Like, trying to access the Clan Info, Unit Info, or even trying to Save, it goes to the black screen but stays there, while the music continues to play. I think it just "breaks" the game during the battle because it has to deal with all of the action going on, WITH snow falling. I'm currently going ubercautiously because I hate to waste time going through battles all over again. =\

Besides that, I'm loving the game and getting AP boost 3 is a godsend.

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ravagekd said:
yeah, "confuse" and then have your party member break the law sucks. I had a "no blunt objects" law, including staffs, and then my BM got confused and melee-attack'd. bye-bye judge.

for the record, the Flan level with elemental magic banned (IIRC it's a clan trial) is NOT a bug. Try and do something next to them, but don't attack........ I'll stop talking for fear of spoiler warning. 8-)

I know it's not a "bug" per se, but just something really irritating
tongue.gif
I could use some advice with that trial, so if you want to help me, go ahead and use the spoilers tag:
like any other tag, [ spoiler][ /spoiler], without the spaces in-between

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Doomsday Forte said:
My first 24 hours in and I've already encountered a potential game-killing bug/glitch (on M3 Perfect SD Slot-2).

After the second Komodo Search mission (searching for the Potions in the snowy area with the guest Soldier), the game will hang when trying to access anything beyond the world map menu. Like, trying to access the Clan Info, Unit Info, or even trying to Save, it goes to the black screen but stays there, while the music continues to play. I think it just "breaks" the game during the battle because it has to deal with all of the action going on, WITH snow falling. I'm currently going ubercautiously because I hate to waste time going through battles all over again. =\

Besides that, I'm loving the game and getting AP boost 3 is a godsend.

Rciwws

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so wayyyy off topic but I just checked back to this site for the first time since the FFCC MoD Fiasco just to see if SE pulled through with the copyright protection again. And I thought that Gamestop had since aquired gbatemp? Did they go back on that or something?

Shadow0429

Trophies
XP
Country
I liked the first game that came out on the GBA and it was totally awesome and also finished it so that's why i brought this game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet