DS #2210: Dragon Hunters (Europe)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only played a couple of levels last night before bed, but it's about what I expected. Switching out characters is a bit tedious, but I suppose if the game is based on a show or something, they had to figure out a way to get all the characters into the game. That's not too bad, though. The levels are kind of "meh," and the collision detection is kind of off. When the jumping character jumps onto ledges and such, he'll often slip back down and whatnot; not good in a platformer.

I might play some more, but it's pretty "meh" so far. That's too bad, considering there are some cool Nintendo ripoffs in the game. (morph ball, gravity, etc.)

drkrdglo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Batman1701 said:
xergal said:
Yeah cos a rom would eat up drive space and your ISP will be calling you on the phone to stop hammering your connection...

Not at all, I just don't want to waste 4 hours downloading a game (illegally, I might add) that's going to take up any space (no matter how insignificant you may think it is) on my hard drive, just to find out it's going to suck.

Wow. Just wow. I'm not going to ask where in the hell it takes you 4+ hours to download a

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Man, why do you have a problem with him? Just because you don't see any reason why he needs 4 hours (ever thought about the thing that not all the world has a super high speed internet connection without bandwith limit?) and why even 30-50MB are wasted if the game sucks it doesn't mean there IS no reason, ok?

Batman1701

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ilovengage said:
Man, why do you have a problem with him?

Eh, don't worry about drkrdglo. At this point, I don't feel the need to argue with or justify myself to children or idiots (whichever he may be) who have never been forced to deal with dialup due to cost, as they've always had such expenses covered by their parents because they don't live in the real world and still believe it revolves around them.

Thanks to everyone who did pipe in their opinion of the game itself (which was all I really asked to begin with), I may just check it out after all, if I can use one of my friends' internet. Much appreciated.

bricksandwind0ws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, no offense, but if it takes you 4+ hours to download a DS rom you should probably look into upgrading your connection or finding a new hobby. I can't even imagine a rom taking that long to download back when I was logging onto AOL 3.0 with a 28.8 modem.

Batman1701

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*shrugs*

It was an example. 4 hours is rare, but it's happened. The point wasn't that it always takes forever, the point was that it takes time and I've better things to do.

Everyone's so fixated on my internet speed. You're all so appalled, you'd think I came in here and threatened to rape a puppy or something. *chuckles*

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bricksandwind0ws said:
Dude, no offense, but if it takes you 4+ hours to download a DS rom you should probably look into upgrading your connection or finding a new hobby. I can't even imagine a rom taking that long to download back when I was logging onto AOL 3.0 with a 28.8 modem.

Some of us have dialup and can't simply upgrade our connection, ignorant prick. I could always move and get broadband in the future, but you will always be a dumbass. Tired of you dimwits that don't know anything outside your little bubble of reality. Get some knowledge or get the fuck out.

Batman1701

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*reads Deletable_Man's comment*
blink.gif

*slowly passes him a decaf*

Be cool, man.

bricksandwind0ws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deletable_Man said:
bricksandwind0ws said:

Some of us have dialup and can't simply upgrade our connection, ignorant prick. I could always move and get broadband in the future, but you will always be a dumbass. Tired of you dimwits that don't know anything outside your little bubble of reality. Get some knowledge or get the fuck out.

Maybe someone can help me out here, was I talking to this guy? Did I say 'no offense'? Seems like I hit a nerve. You're on the right track though, move out of your parents' basement and then get broadband. You won't have to worry about your mom picking up the phone to make a call and aborting your download after 3 hours. Hey and if you can't move out, it looks like you've already found a hobby: arguing on the internet with someone who wasn't even talking to you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission