Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Batman1701 said:
So, quick review anyone? Any fun? As an American who's never heard of the series, should a guy even bother?

Series?

I thought this was a one-off low budget game? lol

Didn't even know it was based on a cartoon series
smile.gif

Just download the rom, and check it out ... that's what I always do
smile.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've been kinda looking forward to this game. I certainly don't expect greatness, but I'm very curious about the whole Galaxy-esque gravity thing that seems to be a big part of the platforming.

Haven't found it anywhere yet, so I, of course, haven't played. But I'll let you know...

xergal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Batman1701 said:
thebobevil said:
Just download the rom, and check it out ... that's what I always do
smile.gif

Limited drive space and bandwidth. Was hoping someone could just give me a run-down.

Yeah cos a rom would eat up drive space and your ISP will be calling you on the phone to stop hammering your connection...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like this, its not bad! I liked switching characters and being able to go all Mario Galaxy and walking around stuff. Graphics aren't that great but doable, sadly though most DS games of this type look like crap so compared to those its a looker.

Downsides: a lack of challenge (which is usual for these licensed kids games) and level design is pretty generic. I wish I could skip the story as well. Presentation is kinda cheap and rushed but the overall game is decent which is where it counts.

If you love Shin'en games than you'll probably like this a lot more than me, I find their games ok and generic (Nanostray 2 is great). Its not by Shin'en I just mentioned them as its kindalike something they'd do.

It may not be worth buying for me but its worth the space on my card thats for sure. Best DS platformer in a while but then there's not been a decent one since I think Sonic Rush Adventure.

I'd give it a 6.5/10 kids will love it more but I'm one of those people who demand more of their games but I can see me playing it until the end as there's not much else for me to play.

Pasc will love it
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
Why is insecticide a bad game? I like it
Well for me the adventure bit was good but the action bits were badly done but the thing is others say the opposite so its always best to try for yourself really.

Batman1701

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xergal said:
Yeah cos a rom would eat up drive space and your ISP will be calling you on the phone to stop hammering your connection...

Not at all, I just don't want to waste 4 hours downloading a game (illegally, I might add) that's going to take up any space (no matter how insignificant you may think it is) on my hard drive, just to find out it's going to suck. A review is a simple request and not at all unreasonable. And Hadrian was polite enough to provide one, so thank you for that sir.

So, Xergal, maybe you didn't have to be a smartass and coulda' just let me wait for the review. Gorram troll.

Batman1701

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thebobevil said:
This is the wrong place to preach to people about the illegalities of rom downloading.

Wasn't. Just sayin', I don't need people mocking me for not downloading the game. I have my reasons, and technically I'm not supposed to be doing it anyway. But trust me, I got no qualms with downloading games . . . been playing pirate games for various systems for 12 years now.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
this seems like a decent game, graphics are nice, simple, and smooth.
Gameplay is pretty average, nothing really feels that natural or fluid, and there's some irks like un-morphing in tunnels, not jumping quite high enough to land on a platform etc.

Give it a try, the gravity is fun to mess around with, just think of this like a low budget mario galaxy fangame or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol