DS #2193: Germany's Next Topmodel (Germany)

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Oh man, a Borat game would be too fcking awesome. What a swell mix of genres it would be. Imagine Phoenix Wright, but with "OBJECTION!" replaced with "NAHHHHT!"

kawlex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
HeatMan Advance said:
How many different countries have their own version of this? I had no idea there was a German version.

I wonder how much money Tyra Banks really makes from having these other editions.

I dont think Tyra gets any Money for the other versions
.. because she doesnt host them and i dont think that she invented the show
smile.gif

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
She certainly did not invent the concept ... and as was said, she is not a host in any of the other countries ... such as Britain & Germany ... so, she wont get a penny.

She's not like Simon Cowell, who's company produces the different version of Pop Idol & X-Factor ... and wo makes money from every version ... she is just a host.

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thebobevil said:
She certainly did not invent the concept ... and as was said, she is not a host in any of the other countries ... such as Britain & Germany ... so, she wont get a penny.

She's not like Simon Cowell, who's company produces the different version of Pop Idol & X-Factor ... and wo makes money from every version ... she is just a host.

She certainly did invent it. She's credited as creator. This German edition is just part of her American originated Franchise. She's credited as Host, Executive Producer and Creator in the shows credits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_telev...hises#Top_Model.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America%27s_Next_Top_Model

I'm just curious to know her current net worth with this and her own talk show. I had no idea this show was even in that many countries because of the crap network it's on. She must be literally the only thing keeping the network on the air besides WWE and Smallville.

I also wonder why there's no American edition of this. I guess we got lucky.
grog.gif

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just because she is credited with the concept, does not mean she came up with the concept
wink.gif

She either bought the concept rights from the inventor, or she paid someone to invent a show for her.

I write for television, and that kind of thing happens all the time ... the number of times I have been paid to write for someone else is ridiculous ... getting harder and harder to get accreditation these days ... especially for writers.

EDIT : Also, a lot of these celebrities are not worth anything near what is claimed of them. After tax, management fees, legal expenses (you'd be surprised), and numerous sundry other expenses, they aren't as well off as the media would have you believe. The 'net worth' that the media often reports for these people is actually an exaggerated version of their gross income, spun out over a time frame, so to speak ... I apologize for my play on words lol

Kaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Vater Unser said:
Shut up, the TV show sucks and the girls are all ugly anorexic bitches

Also, Eva Padberg >>> Heidi Klum
nyanya.gif

you shut up for being shut upic!

the tv shows rules!
the girls too ;_;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol