DS #2151: Chou Nekketsu Koukou Kunio-kun Dodgeball Bu (Japan)

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Dodgeball!
hrth.gif

I was waiting for this.. great news!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much like the last GBA game but with lots more options, may play a bit slow to some people but if you give it time it'll grow on you.

Won't be playing this version though anymore, will just wait for the US version in May.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yup, GREAT news... but, is it playable for those who don't know a word in Japanese? I'll love not to have to wait till May to get my hands on this one
biggrin.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joey Ravn said:
Yup, GREAT news... but, is it playable for those who don't know a word in Japanese? I'll love not to have to wait till May to get my hands on this one
biggrin.gif
It is but I reckon you'll need to know the language to make the most out of the game.

blahman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow the rom's tiny... but it matters not
oh kunio kun how ive missed you and you violent take on sporting sevents

moo422

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
echoing blahman's sentiments -- 64 Mbits ?! that's tiny .. hard to imagine how they managed to squeeze any sizable amount of content into that space.

then again, mario 64 managed to squeeze into 128Mbits, but it's a concern, hmm.

Famitsu blew this out of the water with a 22/40 as well.

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Famitsu is shit, might as well play it and make up your own mind. And it being 64Mbits isn't something to worry about... I don't think a single SNES game was that big, after all, and there are some absolutely fucking epics on that system.

K

KaliKot

KUNIO KUN IS BACK!

oh boy river city ransom and dodgeball

I played the hell out of the GBA dodgeball although it was repetitive and no kunio-kun chars =(

i hope i can navigate the jap menus
biggrin.gif

zombgief

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Leah said:
Are the people on the cover of this from River City Ransom and Crash and the boys street challenge?

YES, yes they are!

Gaaah, the game plays soooo slowly, though!!!
hate2.gif

And what's up with the inability to switch the person you're in control of? (like in the original NES version, you could hit the "duck" button to switch characters to control)

Also, the "target" of your attack is always the guy closest to the line? Ugh...

The old NES Super Dodgeball and Neo-Geo Super Dodgeball are still the best!
ph34r.gif

kemosabe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
could anybody explain the controls to me?
the enemy uses the "special" throw almost everytime and i have no clue how to do this too

serene

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Quick Hands on with Kunio-Kun Dodge Ball Bu
By Spencer . September 25, 2007 . 11:36am

While I was waiting to meet with Arc System Works I grabbed one of the two DSes loaded up with Chou Nekketsu Koukou Kunio-Kun Dodge Ball Bu. I was rather surprised with the way Kunio-Kun Dodge Ball Bu stuck with NES style controls. You use B to throw/catch and A+B makes your character jump.

The key to Kunio-Kun Dodge Ball Bu was to do the spinning super shot, which morphed the dodge ball into a glowing ball of fire. However, to do this maneuver you need to tap right to dash, forward press A+B to jump and finish by pressing another button throw the dodge ball at the peak of your jump. It seemed needlessly complicated and even one of the designers was having trouble demonstrating the special shot for me.

After a few mess-ups I got a hang of the button timing and the super shot made me nearly unstoppable. Between that and catches the match was over way to quickly, but just in time to chat about the fate of Guilty Gear II.

Code:
http://www.siliconera.com/2007/09/25/quick-hands-on-with-kunio-kun-dodge-ball-bu/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Why do that when they make bogus accounts