DS #2058: Soma Bringer (Japan)

Hyperlisk_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone want to get inside the filesystem, this game is tricky.
Extract it with DSlazy or ndstool : you'll see only one file data/data.srl
This file itself is the real rom of the game, unpack it with ndstool or dslazy.
The text is in shift-jis with some html like code (like
for breaks) it's located in the data/menu directory.
Hehehe, look at data\data\_prog\tkato\pack.dat You can see
"This is a Pen!!!
Oh Pen!!
It is a wonderful Pen!!!
I want to marry the Pen!!!!!"

A hint at a hidden English translation? Who knows
nyanya.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait to get my hands on this. Looks like the best game in a long time.

Can people please give some impressions on how hard it is to play with no Japanese knowledge? Are the menus and configuration fairly straight forward for an RPG, or is it too hard to get very far? Thanks.

I know I'll end up trying it anyway. I just want to "see" it, if nothing else.

Yeah, like soliunasm said, it's fairly easy to get a handle on the menu options and battle commands, and taking the game out for a test drive should be no problem at all. But I get the impression that this game does have a good story, and we won't be able to follow any of that. The combat starts out simple, but as you begin to utilize the customization features, you'll see there's a lot more to it than meets the eye. It's going to be a joy to play in English...it will be in English eventually. How do I know? Because it has to be. It just has to be!
cry.gif

D

Deleted User

soma.png

I could have released it tonight but I've translated the wrong text archives (damn developers who changed their mind and left both version of text...).

hirusho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This game freeze in prologue chapter when the muscle guy receiving transmission from someone on R4....
anyone got a fix for that?

Evilkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is co-op wifi or wireless play only? Would be awesome to have a wi-fi rpg, tho I don't see the wi-fi stamp on the box so I haven't gotten my hopes up.

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I've just played until after the first boss and it didn't freeze on me (also an R4 user). Is it before or after the boss you're talking about?

I use firmware 1.16 and it's before boss I guess, I haven't fought any boss yet >>

What firmware you using btw?

I'm using 1.12. Have you checked to make sure it wasn't a random unlucky freeze, ie. can you get past it or does it always freeze there?

I've had a few games freeze on me in random places that I can't recreate.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your game freezes again, copy the entire contents of your flash card to your computer, format the microSD, then copy everything back.

If that doesn't work, you likely have either a bad ROM, a slow microSD or an improperly trimmed ROM.

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
As far as i know they are not the same... and wireless is only local... since it goes for the "local" web made by one host nds and many client nds... in the other hand.. .wi-fi is the connection that you need to configurate to get an ip in a net to get connected to the nintendo wifi server...

and it only has wireless connection

hirusho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If your game freezes again, copy the entire contents of your flash card to your computer, format the microSD, then copy everything back.

If that doesn't work, you likely have either a bad ROM, a slow microSD or an improperly trimmed ROM.

Thank you for your suggestion and after I format kingston flash card it no longer freeze at same spot anymore
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-