DS #1843: Kousoku Card Battle Card Hero (Japan)

Nicky33

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nforcet.free.fr
XP
Country
France
All those game suck anyway and i don't understand why they sell allways the same game (more or less) and roughly just change the boxart and title...
Ahhhh money !

pakoito

Trophies
XP
Country
D

Deleted User

You want a fast translation patch ? Here I come !
...In fact the dev have done it themselves, the english text is here on the cartridge waiting for you
smile.gif

All the text is located in the Msg directory, just swap the jp and us directories... et voila !
Doing early translation is really great these days...
wink.gif

EDIT : It might need some tweaking as the game seems to hang with just a swap...

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
...In fact the dev have done it themselves, the english text is here on the cartridge waiting for you
smile.gif

All the text is located in the Msg directory, just swap the jp and us directories... et voila !
wink.gif

EDIT : It might need some tweaking as the game seems to hang with just a swap...
Didn't know that one belongs already to this kind. It's worth a try then... should I get some spare time ( with a bold 'if' :/ )

Sasha77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dragonlord said:
smile.gif

wink.gif

Didn't know that one belongs already to this kind. It's worth a try then... should I get some spare time ( with a bold 'if' :/ )

It is a very old topic, but this game seems to be the best card game on NDS (better than any Yu gi oh).

So if patching it requires no translation effort as Deufeufeu says, I think it is really worth trying to patch it.

Any hacker interested ? That would be great !

Swithin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just took a look at this. I think what Deufeufeu didn't notice is that there are fewer files in the English directory than there are in the Japanese one, so swapping the two will create missing files. Overwriting the contents of the Japanese folder with everything in the English folder works fine up until right after you enter your birthdate (everything in English,) but then it crashes on a blank msg box.

Looking at the English txt files, it's pretty obvious that the translation job was incomplete - lots and lots are blank (~130kb for the entire Eng directory, ~850kb for the Japanese.) A "quick and dirty" fix to get all the pre-translated English in the game would be to copy only those files which have some amount of content. I'll see what I can do - I can't do any translation, but I might get a work-around to make it at least playable in English.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE