DS #1523: Hoshigami (Europe)

Tengil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So what are people thinking about this title?
Looked at some screenshots, and it looked a lot like FF:tactics-type gameplay.
Which is a good thing. So I checked out the review from the RPGDreamers website. It was a horrible review.

The review can be summed up with "It sucks because it's too hard and I couldn't understand the story. I give it 8/10" Wait, what?

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There just arn't enough games on the ds with characters sporting the understated lingerie and leather jacket look...

image0036.jpg
image0022.jpg

http://www.aksysgl.com/hoshigami/index.html

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I particularly didn't like the 3d-ness of this game. That is all.

Gameplay-wise, the controls could of been better, but the game is decent enough.

pertxas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
The game is good if you like tactics, it's hard to beat, but not impossible, and introduces a new turn system which is VERY interesting, the spell (coins) system isn't quite good but also slightly different and interesting, I think it's worth a try if you liked fft or vandal hearts

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
This is a great game and well worth the play if you like SRPG, or if you like GREAT games lol. One of the better ports to come to DS. It's not as polished as say Luminous Arc, but what do you expect from a PSX port? The gameplay is certainly a lot more deeper than LA, and therefore more satisfying. It has a lot of original gameplay concepts that work really well.
In short I give it a 8/10 and although I still haven't finished it (so many games on other systems to get through) I will definately see it through at some point.
Don't overlook it just because of the weird name, or the lack of publicity. It was great when it first came out and is still great now. I just wonder if anything has changed from the USA release..

evadwolrab

Trophies
XP
Country
This is a great game and well worth the play if you like SRPG, or if you like GREAT games lol. One of the better ports to come to DS. It's not as polished as say Luminous Arc, but what do you expect from a PSX port? The gameplay is certainly a lot more deeper than LA, and therefore more satisfying. It has a lot of original gameplay concepts that work really well.
In short I give it a 8/10 and although I still haven't finished it (so many games on other systems to get through) I will definately see it through at some point.
Don't overlook it just because of the weird name, or the lack of publicity. It was great when it first came out and is still great now. I just wonder if anything has changed from the USA release..
Thanks for that - I'll defo give this a try when I get home!

kreatosoupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Great game, and being able to rotate the playing field instantly makes it better than Luminous Ark. But, way too many enemies! The second fight took me 50 minutes to beat! It wasn't hard, but it takes time to dispose of all those enemies!
ph34r.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95eUhuR8_ps