DS #1404: Freshly Picked: Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland (Europe)

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone played this game on their DS Lite? If so, do the black edges of the bushes and things get dark when the screen scrolls, or does it look the same? The reason I'm asking is I have one of the new Red & Black DS Lites and I think I have one of the cheaper screens. When I try this game on my original DS it doesn't get dark around the edges of the trees and bushes.

Also, when I push the directional pad in a circular motion the pad makes a clicking sound and sometimes when I play a game pressing the pad diagonally doesn't register correctly.

I've got a plain white DS-LITE and it works fine for me, None of the above problems.

A more appropriate name for this game is probably "Tingle: Adventures in Capitalism" as that's pretty much what all
of this is about. Money is literally the be all and end all. It opens doors, moves conversations forward and leads to eternal happiness. Change the main character to a plain caucasian in a business suit and voila, a game even the most stodgy republican would get behind.

((Note: I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit, found myself actually pulling it out during my lunch break at work and almost losing track of time.))

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm enjoying this game quite a bit! I was fairly confused and un-decided at first but I DO like it now!

Has anyone played this game on their DS Lite? If so, do the black edges of the bushes and things get dark when the screen scrolls, or does it look the same? The reason I'm asking is I have one of the new Red & Black DS Lites and I think I have one of the cheaper screens. When I try this game on my original DS it doesn't get dark around the edges of the trees and bushes.

Also, when I push the directional pad in a circular motion the pad makes a clicking sound and sometimes when I play a game pressing the pad diagonally doesn't register correctly.

No. It must only happen in shit parts of the world.
unsure.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

That's a sure fire sign of LCD ghosting, indeed. More proof that Nintendo went the el cheapo route with the new DS Lite's.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
because tingle is awesome.

just because he's different, doesn't mean he or the game is bad.

I find him an awesome part of zelda games, he's funny as.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't really like this game so far
frown.gif
just boring...everything is about rupees and battles are extremely lackluster. I'll keep playing for a bit to see if it improves

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game seems a lot bigger than Zelda PH. Stuck on the 4th boss though.

This game is a lot fresher than most DS RPG's, I'm really pleased that Nintendo decided to finally release it outside of Japan but I'm still baffled to why they still haven't brought Mother 3 to the DS.

I'm hoping that paper ninja fella thats always popping up gets his own game!

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Heh, I guess this game is a major victim of "Judging a book by its cover". Literally.
Can't blame it, though. I mean, the cover IS screaming gay XD

Really too sad some guys are too tough and manly to try it anyway. Their miss.
I mean, everybody who still calls this gay after the first cutscene and first dialouge with Pingle really needs to work on his orientation
wink.gif

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Heh, I guess this game is a major victim of "Judging a book by its cover". Literally.

I mean, everybody who still calls this gay after the first cutscene and first dialouge with Pingle really needs to work on his orientation
wink.gif

What does "tough and manly" mean, if you're afraid of the color pink, or if you fear being called gay?
I thought 300 was a gay softcore movie. YMMV, but I'll let insecure people enjoy their two hours-marathon of half-naked, oiled up guys looking tough and screaming "oooh, we're so virile!" to anybody stupid enough to believe them.

jenngcia

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Wonder why Nintendo would opt for such a character design and coverart. while this game is awesome, i wouldn't be surprise if a lot of people gloss over it because of the art, especially at retail...

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The

wink.gif

What does "tough and manly" mean, if you're afraid of the color pink, or if you fear being called gay?
I thought 300 was a gay softcore movie. YMMV, but I'll let insecure people enjoy their two hours-marathon of half-naked, oiled up guys looking tough and screaming "oooh, we're so virile!" to anybody stupid enough to believe them.

OK, lemme correct it: Guys who think they're tough and manly
wink.gif

Really, if you mark a game as gay or bad just because it got a pink cover, for example, you have a problem.
Have read a lot of stuff about Smooth Moves, where the guys said "I have to buy it online, because it has a pink cover."
Sheesh
rolleyes.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is great.. like a "Bizarro Zelda"..
Bizarro BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO!

Anyway I cannot find this game anywhere in the shops, not one copy anywhere, I even asked and got funny looks as if I was asking for Horse Analler monthly! Most either didn't know when it was coming out or even what it was.

In fact the only Eur release I can that was suppose to come out today is Sonic Rush Adventure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks