DS #1404: Freshly Picked: Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland (Europe)

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
This game is great.. like a "Bizarro Zelda"..

BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO!

Anyway I cannot find this game anywhere in the shops, not one copy anywhere.

I got 10 of them from amazon.co.uk at £24.99 each with free postage
biggrin.gif

Looked in GAME today in Tamworth and they had 1 left.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, upon starting the game, I was really diggin' the weird look and vibe of it all. And the gameplay features were pretty clever, even if there seems to be no real battle system other than run into monsters. But then I got to the town...now, the idea of needing rupees to talk to anyone is bad enough, and the idea that you don't know how much they require is worse, but the killer is that you can just keep giving them rupees and it will never add on to what you last gave them; you have to give them just enough until they'll except it, otherwise you can run through your whole account. If the entire game is like that, I'll pass. Very disappointing too, because the game has such a neat art style and feel -- like some kind of animated movie from the 70s. Almost reminds me of the Yellow Submarine.

sillypatterson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anything, the game could stand to be gayer. With all the hype it got as this super-queer RPG, I was expecting, oh I dunno, for Tingle to be a homosexual or something. So with him dreaming of women and getting flustered around Pinkle and basically -not- being gay, I finally realized it...

...everyone -else- is gay. Especially that construction worker.

No, but seriously, I wouldn't mind an RPG where the hero really -is- gay, even if the humor's a bit silly, but I doubt that'll ever happen. After all, you can't even find books by respected authors where the hero is gay; you've got to look in the darkest rooms, in stores of ill repute. Even then, the book sucks and it's all about sex.

People's perceptions suck.

Point of this post?

This game is very well-made. This is good, because the homophobes are gonna run away from it for being too gay, the homosexuals are going to wonder why it -isn't- gay, the girls are probably going to have a great time with it but wonder why Pinkle has a man-face, and it'll never reach US shores.

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO!

Anyway I cannot find this game anywhere in the shops, not one copy anywhere.

I got 10 of them from amazon.co.uk at £24.99 each with free postage
biggrin.gif

Looked in GAME today in Tamworth and they had 1 left.
Why 10 copies?
You run a shop?
wub.gif

I couldn't find it here in any shops...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just ordered a copy. Was gonna get quite a lot and sell them on ebay but last time I checked they weren't going very well at all or are actually cheaper than what I can buy them for.

Perhaps I'll wait and see a few weeks to see if it picks up.

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
now, the idea of needing rupees to talk to anyone is bad enough, and the idea that you don't know how much they require is worse, but the killer is that you can just keep giving them rupees and it will never add on to what you last gave them; you have to give them just enough until they'll except it, otherwise you can run through your whole account.

I think it's a cool (and timely) concept. Although, not every character in the game is a bottomless money pit if you are stingey. I'd say that about a quarter (a "fourth" for you Americans) of the people/things you encounter actually keep track of how much you give them and the final amount is cumulative. It also appears that the more expensive, non-cumulative things are not integral to the main quest.

hellklown

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hellklowndumpster.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, I also got some freeze issues with the rom. In cape treasure, when I enter the screen to the east of the start of the level the game freezes.
I'm using an M3 Simply but I haven't found anyone with the same issue or a way to fix it. Can someone give me some help? I really liked the game until now...

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished it earlier
smile.gif

Very enjoyable all the way through, very funny too. I hope it does well for some kind of sequel. So far this is my favourite RPG on the DS, love it to bits. I expected to enjoy it, but never this much.

This game is why I buy Nintendo consoles, they take risks and do things that the opposition wouldn't dare. Sure the Wii has disappointed many but so did the DS in its first year.

Keep up the good work Nintendo, and give developers Vanpool more games to do.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wasnt balloon fight (Original NES one) out years before any zelda stuff (or maybe around the same time), so how can it be a rip off of zelda?
Erm who said it was? Someone said this game was a rip off of Zelda, even though its not at all.

If you are referring to Tingles Balloon Fight, Tingle wasn't in the original Balloon Fight on the NES.

groundbeef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But then I got to the town...now, the idea of needing rupees to talk to anyone is bad enough, and the idea that you don't know how much they require is worse, but the killer is that you can just keep giving them rupees and it will never add on to what you last gave them; you have to give them just enough until they'll except it, otherwise you can run through your whole account. If the entire game is like that

It kinda has to be that way though, otherwise you can just keep paying small incremental amounts until you reach the threshold, meaning there is no risk involved. But i do admit that i tend to save just before going into town and reboot if i lose too much money in my negotiations, especially later into the game when youre bargaining in hundreds. At least the tower itself is cumulative.

Overall just had to say this is easily one of my top 5 games on the system. Love the sprite art and zelda parody feel of the game. The grinding for ingredients does get tedious, but having so many goons to try out keeps things from getting too stale. Also, the translations are a bit barebones, but it gets the job done. Definitely a buy imo.

D

Deleted-22521

Anyone managed to play it with G6 Lite? I tried Dofat + Force RW + software reset and trim and no trim ROM and it doesn't work...

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, I also got some freeze issues with the rom. In cape treasure, when I enter the screen to the east of the start of the level the game freezes.
I'm using an M3 Simply but I haven't found anyone with the same issue or a way to fix it. Can someone give me some help? I really liked the game until now...

The game freezed on my M3 Simply, too, but at another point. Arm7-fix fixed it for me. And I guess it's always worth a try
wink.gif

samred

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone managed to play it with G6 Lite? I tried Dofat + Force RW + software reset and trim and no trim ROM and it doesn't work...

Force r/w, trim rom. Works flawlessly. Didn't enable soft reset, though I've been resetting a lot and think I might try reupping the game to my card w/ it for convenience sake...

tyasawa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its a good game.. plus i always like to collect money in games that i played..
tongue.gif
, I want to finish it but i have assignmentS waiting for me.. T_T.. hum.. just asking.. how many dungeons are there in the first continent..?

hardian: XD.. u know.. that guy in ur avatar he resembles hard gay a loot.. especially when he dances..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Odd coincidence?