DS #1208: Sansuu Olympic Iinkai Kouan: Suuji de Kitaeru Nouryoku Train

Houou

Trophies
XP
Country
What is it with the amount of Japanese DS games with long titles and almost-monochromatic boxes?

Bankoiia

Trophies
XP
Country
What is it with the amount of Japanese DS games with long titles and almost-monochromatic boxes?
My guess, is that they constantly choose this approach because of the large number of non-gamers.
Boring covers rakes in big cash from middle-aged people.

-"It's not a game! It's a product of academic value! Look at this obviously mediocre cover! Just like my dictonary at home!!"

Plus, I think the first braintrainer in Japan started the trend.
unsure.gif

Retal

Trophies
XP
Country
Well not every game is trying to be that game, with colourful box art and decorative typeface, because they're not targeted at those consumers. Like when you go down to the library, you don't expect every book to have the same style of cover, especially not down the clear division of fiction and non-fiction and also reference. You just need to realise that the different types of games available in Japan are that diverse to understand the covering.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The title serves as a description of the game, Math Olympic organization presents Brain Training using numbers -Math-.
Even with that much description, the boxart still need to tell people what Algo and Trinka are. So customers can see the front and know what this is about, without the need of reading both sides of the box.

Offtopic: IMO, it's a far better title than "Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!" people had no idea what that thing was. (So in OTO2 boxart, there are words "Rhythm" everywhere, even in the title. Would you have guessed "Elite Agents" would be a rhythm game? Same here Math Brain Training game has to have the words in it
tongue.gif
)

Whiternoise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How much do these games generally cost in Japan? I mean, there are so many of them.. they must be dirt cheap surely?

You couldn't charge £29.99 for this sort of random miscellany here, could you? (unless it's Dixons of course..)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm