DS #1130: Brothers in Arms DS (Europe)

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Pretty good game, indeed, but also not so good. Better than "normal" games, though. Still too easy. That guy must be immortal or something. Already beat 7-8 levels and it doesn't even try die even if I made how many kamikaze-attacks on tanks and bigger army. I'm gonna take some break for now. That game give headache.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah levels seem quite short, just Normandy and Tusin I think its called. Would've probably done more if it wasn't for hand ache.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I thought the game was pretty easy too. Except for the boss (If you can call it that) in the tank map.. If you would stand still for too long, then you would get those kamikaze soldiers on you and tons of of damage from the train cannons. If you're moving, then it's semi hard to aim at the train cannons while avoiding those surprise tanks and bazooka units from the sides. I died like 4 times there till I decided to go all the way back to the repair truck when my health got below half
nyanya.gif

Some of the enemy units have extremely bad aim.. talking about 'stormtroopers' aim here (especially the bazooka ground units). But there are harder modes to unlock..

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Great game, will buy this for sure. Works perfect on My R4 with 2gb SanDisk, music and all.

Nice graphics, some clipping but with the DS thats only expected. Better than I thought it was going to be by far.
yaynds.gif

P

pasc

Heh, play that game the whole day now, first campain beaten (Normandie)... btw... they call the germans krauts ? Cause we eat kraut ? ^^

Fuck, I hate it when those fucking a****** come and throw a grenade in my tank ;(...

But the game rocks !

Thought I think I will finish it off quick.

BTW: Can anyone confirm this ?

mrbass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gameplay has been pretty awesome so far
the framerate is a little on the low side, but you can still follow everything thats going on.
just blew up the sniper with the bazooka, and the tower blew up, awesome stuff
smile.gif

ok I just killed the sniper with the bazooka and it says "Destroy Enemy Position" and my 5 guys just keep shooting at thin air. Looks like this game is stuck in a loop. Either I'm missing something obvious or it's a release that was pushed out the door too fast. Playing on veteran difficulty level.

edit: ok I guess I had to blow up the tank even though all guys in the tank were killed. It made no sense that my guys were shooting at thin air though. That really confused me.

mag2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I just killed the sniper with the bazooka and it says "Destroy Enemy Position" and my 5 guys just keep shooting at thin air. Looks like this game is stuck in a loop. Either I'm missing something obvious or it's a release that was pushed out the door too fast. Playing on veteran difficulty level.

edit: ok I guess I had to blow up the tank even though all guys in the tank were killed. It made no sense that my guys were shooting at thin air though. That really confused me.

I noticed that.

My index and middle fingers are cramped as hell now.

tisti

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Great game
biggrin.gif
Very impressive across the board. These new games will keep my company for quite some time
biggrin.gif

//Can't wait to show it to my little cousin, he's gona go crazy ;P

gamermole

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
man i cant find this by searching anywhere. seems like a fun game though from what i read
frown.gif
anylinks please? i use newsgroups
rolleyes.gif
its ok now ive got the game
laugh.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man i cant find this by searching anywhere. seems like a fun game though from what i read
frown.gif
anylinks please? i use newsgroups
rolleyes.gif
Requesting roms = banning so don't do it.

Just completed this game, this is even better with head phones on! Not sure if I'll wanna pay full price for it as I like a game to last longer and there isn't much to do after you've completed it apart from multiplayer.

Who actually developed this anyway? Cos it says Gearbox and Gameloft, the engine does seem very similar to the mobile version (by Gameloft).

SomeGuyGG

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On my R4 it crashed near the end of the second to last level in normandy. I got killed once by three tanks while trying to snipe some barrels. When I beat it on the second time through and tried to get back into the tank it froze up.

Fun game, I can't seem to see where the health bar is though. It seems like you are invincible [getting hit by grenades and tank shells like mad], then suddenly you die from from a single bullet.

What type of multiplayer does it have? Is it coop or deathmatch?
yaynds.gif

EDIT: I replayed the mission where it froze and it works fine now. I think it is a game bug rather than an R4 problem.

I only have the 3rd and final campaign left, and it only has 4 missions. I guess I will have to try a few missions on veteren difficulty to see if anything is different
smile.gif

P

pasc

So, I nearly finished the Tunesia mission, BUT I shall place a bomb which goes ok, then next I try to run to the tank that I’m supposed to go, but the thing is, I can’t even reach it because out of the nowhere it makes a big boom and I blow up… Maybe one of those Bombers ? I dunno  Stuck @ the game cause of that right now 

@SomeGuyGG: Has both modes, oh and btw, they made no lifebar to keep it realistic.

sipoon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Cool game, with lot's of little details goin on at once, The rom size is suprisingly small, I guess it obviously shows how much the ds can still stretch, just that not many are pushing it..

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cool game, with lot's of little details goin on at once, The rom size is suprisingly small, I guess it obviously shows how much the ds can still stretch, just that not many are pushing it..

Likewise, like when the Germans come up on you and throw a grenade into your tank.. I was like WTF! Also, how the camera moves and shakes when things are blowing adds a great touch to it. If only they had WIFI this would be even better. Can't wait for a sequel if they ever do one. One more thing, I'm surprise COD or MOH have not made a FPS DS game...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://movieweb.com/metal-gear-solid-furiosa-tom-burke-solid-snake/