DS #1101: Marvel Trading Card Game (USA)

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man, there needs to be a real fighting game for the DS instead of all these card crap! Street Fighter II DS would be really fun.

Real shit lol.....and then add online play for even more awesomeness
bow.gif

onmyown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I downloaded the PC client some time ago but haven't had the time to play it thoroughly yet, might play the DS one instead while traveling everyday though.

Hope it's good. I love comics and card games, and I used to play the Overpower card games back in the 90s. Anyone else played those? There were Marvel, DC, Image sets and so on..

yukine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on... card games are interesting. If not a card game, I like to see "tactics" versions of games on handhelds. Obviously I'm in the minority on this.
biggrin.gif

superkyre

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.extendedplaystudios.com
XP
Country
Come on... card games are interesting. If not a card game, I like to see "tactics" versions of games on handhelds. Obviously I'm in the minority on this.
biggrin.gif

That would be awesome - a X-Men tactics game (not like Legends, more like FFTA). Imagine this - you're a new mutant in Xavier's school, you can "recruit" new students into your party, and you get to use "hero" characters like Wolverine and Cyclops. Even better - a Marvel Civil War tactics game. Play as either Iron Man and his Pro-Registration chapter, or choose Captain America and the Anti-Registration chapter. You can recruit or persduade other heroes/villains to join your crew. And best of all, you can unlock an extra chapter - the Underworld chapter. Ahah!

As for card games... I's like to have seen sprite battles between the cards. Imagine if the SNK vs Capcom CFDS had them showing the actual characters duking it out, instead of their cards standing beside each other with crap effects. That would have been better.

EDIT: This game sucks. I enjoy card-based games, but after going through the lengthy, wordy, step-by-step yet not-hands-on tutorial and trying my first game in story mode, all I can say is this game sucks. It's slow, it's monotonous, and it's boring. Not worth it at all, even with wi-fi.

yukine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I played a bit of it and being a fan of card based video games... this indeed sucks. I almost fell asleep a few times trying to play it.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Played the PSP version quite a bit over xlink kai was alot of fun. Theres a leaderboard on the official site but some cards could only be obtained by beating an opponent or BUYING them... I wonder if this is the case with the DS release. Also the text was horribly small on the PSP version.

strummer12

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man, I deleted this shit right after I finnished the tutorial (by button mashing to get out of it). What a damn snoozefest this game is. Must be made by recent game design grads or something who drank and smoked pot instead of studying.

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Okay, I give it a chance... and would say it's somewhat better than SNK

The tutorial is pretty comprehensive, but the presentation is bad with too many words etc. The interface also can be a little confusing moving from stage to stage, one often misses the important resource stage by accident and gets screwed. Also, instead of a bad implementation like SNK, they skipped the map altogether.

A Divine Unicorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope it's good. I love comics and card games, and I used to play the Overpower card games back in the 90s. Anyone else played those? There were Marvel, DC, Image sets and so on..

yeah i played that card game. that's what got me into comics.. and eventually... interested in this game. in hopes that it'd be like that old card game. but i guess it's not. but i want to try it anyway.

using g6 lite as well and so far i haven't gotten dofat + r/w isn't working for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fellas, would you rather have a scouter from dragon ball irl or a pip boy from fall out irl?