ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtf is with this game?
i played endless mode
pick hard level

and played... and played.. and played... NONSTOP!
the thing is so slow and damn easy! i kept on racking up points and i dont think i'll ever die if i kept on playing!!
is this the way its supposed to be played??

i think i got til level 18 til i said f it, i'm bored of this then shut my DS

Not really... VS mode is what makes this game amazing. Go hop online and challenge some random people.

And if its the same as the past games in the series, Puzzle mode should prove to be extremely taxing after the initial levels
smile.gif
k, i'll try those modes later then, then see if the game is actually good.
at first i thought you good move the blocks vertically too

this game is very similar to meteos is it not?

anyways, i'm done with testing games for today. back to pokemon
tongue.gif

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I played online and damn, the players level is high. I need to train
unsure.gif

Yeah, it's kinda bad. They really needed different categories. I'm not even a pro (I've played those guys through SNES online, they annihilate me) but with standard settings it's way too easy. What happens is that you just keep surviving by removing garbage blocks. Yes, the better player should then still win once you run out of blocks and he doesn't but it's not much fun since it's way too easy to stall your death for a long time this way.

Also the controls are enhanced and certain things you had to time before don't require it anymore (like pushing a block between removed blocks).

Right now I'm not getting connected to players anymore. I guess my level is too high already? Only played 2 hours tops. Maybe for the people having a hard time you can try to select beginner mode? I can't even select it so I don't know if it works for others but I assume it does?

Anyway meh...I hope once I get some friend codes of decent players it'll be better, especially since it means you can voice chat too. Seems there's no way to exchange friend codes after playing with someone in free VS is there? Sucks..I want Japanese friend codes since I actually live in Japan.

amrum

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey amrum, how about we exchange friend codes and play? Mine's 326 515 635 341
Anyone willing to play is welcome to exchange friend codes with me.

Edit: Amrum, there doesn't seem to be downloadable content. There is however birthday mode..I'm not sure how it works yet but it says something about weekly charts that reset every sunday. Maybe you compete with people born on the same day? Kinda lame I guess :/ I guess I'll try and read some more descriptions later.

rcxAsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
k, i'll try those modes later then, then see if the game is actually good.
at first i thought you good move the blocks vertically too

this game is very similar to meteos is it not?

anyways, i'm done with testing games for today. back to pokemonÂ
tongue.gif
In a way, it's similar to Meteos in the sense that you have to align rows of blocks, either horizontally or vertically. The difference is how you clear thebl ocks and attack your opponent, however. Instead of trying to launch your blocks off the top of the screen, the blocks are cleared almost instantly. To attack, you want to rack up chains, by having any blocks that fall after clearing a row form a new row, which is also cleared. The more times you can do this consecutively, the larger your attack. You can also do smaller attacks by clearing more than three blocks at once. But I've found these attacks to be relatively useless online...

I've never played Tetris Attack/Panel de Pon much against real people before - I've never known anyone who had heard of the game, or thought it was worth playing, for that matter. So my only VS experiences have been against the computer on the SNES. But even though I could beat the computer on hard mode, online play is just insane as you guys say!

I played some 15 games and got completely destroyed every single time! The couple people I played against are good at pulling off numerous skill chains.

I never thought I'd enjoy the stylus control, but they've pulled it off pretty ok. By being able to tap and hold a block into a spot that is currently being cleared makes it easier to do skilled chains. I think it would have been very difficult otherwise with the stylus.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Whaa, why the heck are the blocks falling and clearing so slowly? Is there some option to make it like it normally is in other Panel de Pon?

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, they're falling fine now, but they are still pretty slow when clearing... Could anyone translate the whole Options menu, maybe?

EM0rox

Trophies
Website
www.emogame.com
XP
Country
United States
"You´re right, but this one is much better, I think TettaDS didn´t have neither touchscreen controls nor the option tu use the DS in a vertical position."

Those are the two things I cannot stand the most about this version of the game... I hate touchscreen games that don't even really need touchscreen....

Anyone have this homebrew, btw? Does it have local wireless? My wife and I would love to play it...

PM me on irc if you do, or here, but I don't know the next time I'll actually come to this site.....

mrbass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is this better than the homebrew version?

Only beef I had with the homebrew was that it wouldn't turn off the screen when closed. Other than that it was a decent release. The homebrew version at least tided us over for use waiting for Panel de Pon. And yes the homebrew did/does have touchscreen control.

answer post above..does it have wireless?
Well it has wifi kinda like...in other words it has a default server it connects to but it's down recently and then it matches up users there.

rcxAsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only beef I had with the homebrew was that it wouldn't turn off the screen when closed. Other than that it was a decent release. The homebrew version at least tided us over for use waiting for Panel de Pon. And yes the homebrew did/does have touchscreen control.

answer post above..does it have wireless?
Well it has wifi kinda like...in other words it has a default server it connects to but it's down recently and then it matches up users there.
Yah, I was actually very impressed with the homebrew game! It was probably the best homemade implementation of Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack that I've ever seen.

I managed to get online with it once, but there was no one to play against... Panel de Pon DS, on the other hand, I've never had difficulty finding an opponent. Also, for some reason, homebrew wifi is really dodgy for me... so I'm really glad that an official Panel de Pon came along! I managed to finally win a couple games today haha... was matched up with someone more my skill level.

EM0rox

Trophies
Website
www.emogame.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand how anyone could have a problem with wifi and that homebrew, read the FU*KING readme, just use your own server and find people to play like any other game and meet there.

I think the english version of the commercial one is gonna be released next month, but it still won't have 4 player wifi like the homebrew game does so.........

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs