Drive status unknown in Ustealth

GingerSnapDL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good day.

I have an external USB HD that I've stored my WiiU games on (and currently works when pugged into my WiiU), and I had it hidden with Ustealth.

I wanted to make some changes to it, so I popped it back over to PC and tried to un-hide it. It comes up as status "UNKNOWN".

I seem to have no way to rectify this? I've tried multiple USB ports and a different cable.

GingerSnapDL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies.

I'll take a look at rolling back to an earlier version of ustealth, I am using R8.

It's the external drive I have the games on to play wii U games - not the vWii drive.

Perhaps I'm mistaken in my setup - it's been a while. I thought I was using this drive to load Wii U games from USB.

GingerSnapDL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hm. Seems I have to dig backwards in the steps I followed - it's been quite a while since I modded this thing - was trying to add a couple other games for the kids.

the issue, however is that when plugged into a PC and attempted to become unhidden by Ustealth, it won't allow me to alter it. (it does appear in the list of drives in Ustealth, but lists status as "unknown")

ironmanj3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. Seems I have to dig backwards in the steps I followed - it's been quite a while since I modded this thing - was trying to add a couple other games for the kids.

the issue, however is that when plugged into a PC and attempted to become unhidden by Ustealth, it won't allow me to alter it. (it does appear in the list of drives in Ustealth, but lists status as "unknown")
Hey there, I'm having the same problem. Did you ever find an answer to this?

ironmanj3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hey there, I'm having the same problem. Did you ever find an answer to this?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might be able to fix it with a hex editor. I was messing with the ustealth FAT library earlier, and I think the difference is that the first sector says AA for fat32 while it's AB for ustealthed drives or something like that.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is it:
w/ ustealth
1645137156444.png

w/out ustealth
1645137246041.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try changing all in sector 0 only to all 0's, except for the end, leave that as 55 AA. yours is unhidden. that's what 55 AA means. 55 AB is hidden.

ironmanj3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try changing all in sector 0 only to all 0's, except for the end, leave that as 55 AA. yours is unhidden. that's what 55 AA means. 55 AB is hidden.
Well that was definitely a step in the right direction. The UStealth program can now hide and unhide the drive but the computer still is not recognizing it. I don't know much about hex editing but my drive looks much different than yours, I'm assuming it is not in good shape. Thank you for your help!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try going into disk management and assigning a drive letter when it's "normal." at least, see if it's detected in there.

ironmanj3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try going into disk management and assigning a drive letter when it's "normal." at least, see if it's detected in there.
It is not showing up in the top of the disc management screen, is there another way to assign a drive letter?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-17 152930.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-17 152930.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 127

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: