Dreamcast Backups Problem

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i got a dreamcast last year, I quickly found out about how it had no piracy protections so i downloaded many games, and burned them with no problem. Today I pulled the dreamcast outta the closet and decided to get a few more games that I looked up online. Problem is, I forgot how to burn the games. I believe I used Alcohol 120% but I have tried that and another program and they both give me the same problem. They burn fine but when I put it in the Dreamcast, it shows up as a music CD with nothing on it. I don't understand. I downloaded the games as .BIN and .CUE files. I don't understand why this isn't working.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold on, I think I found the problem. I looked on youtube and I have to switch some settings, I think I remember doing this. Just gotta download DiskJuggler.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I use Alcohol 120% for all my DC burning and the only time I get problems like the one you're describing is when it's not an autoboot version. Let me know how you get on with DiskJuggler though.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, somehow the 3 games that I have recently downloaded are simply not autoboots. Is there a way to add autoboot to the file without the use of Utopia?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
There is but for the life of me I can't remember what it's called right now (it's 5am here). I think it was called something like Bin2Boot or something similar. You should be able to find it using google but if you can't I've probably got it on disc somewhere. I'll have a look for it tomorrow if you don't have any success.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked it up, I tried it out but its not creating the file. Dunno why not. Anyways, I gotta go to sleep. Its gettin late. Gotta go to school in the morning which I'm really pissed about because I've been on spring break and we had one too many snow days during the winter so tomorrow is the day of school that we have to make up
angry.gif
. Thanks for the help tho. I'll see if I can get this to work tomorrow

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not a problem at all mate. If you still don't have any luck then let me know and I'll see if I can dig up my cd with all the old DC utils on it.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
For .bin and .cue files use CDRWin to burn your discs. For .cdi files use discjuggler.

Check out Lack of Love for dreamcast, i just discovered it here recently and its pretty neat.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
CheatingSoi said:
When i got a dreamcast last year, I quickly found out about how it had no piracy protections so i downloaded many games, and burned them with no problem. Today I pulled the dreamcast outta the closet and decided to get a few more games that I looked up online. Problem is, I forgot how to burn the games. I believe I used Alcohol 120% but I have tried that and another program and they both give me the same problem. They burn fine but when I put it in the Dreamcast, it shows up as a music CD with nothing on it. I don't understand. I downloaded the games as .BIN and .CUE files. I don't understand why this isn't working.

working dreamcast burning guide for Alcohol 120%.

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25432

make sure you use good media, the dreamcast is very picky as to what media can use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*