DragonMMC - TriNAND, TriSD, Solderless Internal Payload Injector / Kickstand

DragonMMC replaces the stock MicroSD and NAND boards, and adds a slide switch to choose between up to 3 MicroSD cards/NAND modules. This slide switch protrudes slightly from the original MicroSD card slot, while a replacement kickstand houses 3 MicroSD card slots. Installation does not require soldering, but will require some disassembly of your Switch. All required tools will be included. Removal of the heat shield is currently required. Addons for the DMMC are planned, including fully internal Bluetooth audio streaming, and you can easily make your own thanks to the expansion connector and solderless USB passthrough. (Note that the DMMC itself has no USB capabilities and only passes the USB lines to the expansion connector.)

DragonMMC is modular, with 3 NAND module slots available. An adapter module for the OEM NAND is included. Extra NAND modules of 64GB and 256GB will be available on the web store. The modules are snap-in and do not require soldering. An MCU handles NAND module and MicroSD card detection, as well as safe switching. The slide switch can be moved at any time to change the desired NAND module and MicroSD card. A restart or power cycle of the console will be required to enact the changes. If the selected MicroSD slot or NAND module is empty, DragonMMC will look for the next populated slot and enable it instead.

DragonMMC will be based on the ESP32-PICO microcontroller. More info to come soon!

Last edited by MatinatorX,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Very interesting product we have here and if TX wasn't teasing an exploit that could probably achieve the same thing I'd insta buy it but for now I'll have to wait and see to compare which of both solutions is the best...
You seem to be confused, this is a chip designed to allow you to have multiple nands/sd cards in your console and be able to switch between them on a fusee-gelee console.

TX is "teasing" an exploit for ipatched/mariko and lite units.

I have teasing in quotation marks as I'll believe it when I see it, however I am not discounting it.

Reactions: MatinatorX

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You seem to be confused, this is a chip designed to allow you to have multiple nands/sd cards in your console and be able to switch between them on a fusee-gelee console.

TX is "teasing" an exploit for ipatched/mariko and lite units.

I have teasing in quotation marks as I'll believe it when I see it, however I am not discounting it.

They are teasing an exploit that is available for all devices but takes different form according to the model you own and it seems to be a coldboot exploit, therefore it could allow you to dual/triple boot with a software solution...

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
They are teasing an exploit that is available for all devices but takes different form according to the model you own and it seems to be a coldboot exploit, therefore it could allow you to dual/triple boot with a software solution...
This mod is not an exploit, it wont work on Mariko or ipatched units -- it requires you to have an exploitable Switch to be used. That said, I believe it is speculated that it might work on ipatched/Mariko units (but not Lite units) if TX's exploit is released. And, as far as I understand, TX's exploit is just that -- we don't know if it will include a dual NAND or SD solution, but my guess is that it wont

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This mod is not an exploit, it wont work on Mariko or ipatched units -- it requires you to have an exploitable Switch to be used. That said, I believe it is speculated that it might work on ipatched/Mariko units (but not Lite units) if TX's exploit is released. And, as far as I understand, TX's exploit is just that -- we don't know if it will include a dual NAND or SD solution, but my guess is that it wont

I don't think you got what I meant but ok, sure, whatever you say...

Enkuler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It looks great! but I'm more interested in a simple solderless internal payload inyector. Could be a thing?
The DragonMMC has that feature.
It is supposed to be an optional side feature but even if you don't use the main features the DragonMMC should be pretty affordable without MMC modules.

Reactions: mrcroket

Henx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely project. Must buy from me.

Would you be able to give more details on the DragonKicker sturdiness, considering the original is super fragile? Just a little bit worried, the whole thing snaps out of place, and I am then screwed.

MatinatorX

Hardware Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.dragoninjector.com
XP
Country
Canada
Lovely project. Must buy from me.

Would you be able to give more details on the DragonKicker sturdiness, considering the original is super fragile? Just a little bit worried, the whole thing snaps out of place, and I am then screwed.
Currently it's the same design as the main kickstand with the following tweaks:

- Eventually injection molded.
- Magnet clasp instead of plastic tabs.
- PCB adds a ton of rigidity.
- Custom hinge that's tighter than the stock one.
- Removable FFC cable for signals.

If I feel that the stock hinge method isn't sufficient then I'll design my own, but if I do, it won't be as easily removable.

Reactions: Idaho

Henx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Currently it's the same design as the main kickstand with the following tweaks:

- Eventually injection molded.
- Magnet clasp instead of plastic tabs.
- PCB adds a ton of rigidity.
- Custom hinge that's tighter than the stock one.
- Removable FFC cable for signals.

If I feel that the stock hinge method isn't sufficient then I'll design my own, but if I do, it won't be as easily removable.

That's good to know. I like he magnet feature, but wouldn't mind to have a lock-in version just to be safe.

MaGosT

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't read the thread so dno if this has been mentioned before but is this really safe making this kind of thing publicly available, especially "for pre-order" as it seems down the line?
Seeing how active the big N is with their witchhunt, it'd be really sad to see another kongnutz story

MatinatorX

Hardware Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.dragoninjector.com
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't read the thread so dno if this has been mentioned before but is this really safe making this kind of thing publicly available, especially "for pre-order" as it seems down the line?
Seeing how active the big N is with their witchhunt, it'd be really sad to see another kongnutz story
Maybe read the thread then? This has been addressed already.

Also, I don't do pre-orders or take donations.

Also also, a quick reading of the history of Kongnutz shows a completely different situation. He obtained and publicly distributed a copyrighted Nintendo game (NSMBW) a full week ahead of release.

This is a mod chip that lets you switch between multiple physical NAND chips and MicroSD cards. It's also currently a hobby project. Coming to market is not guaranteed, nor are any of the features listed if it does.

Last edited by MatinatorX,

dujdujduj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It makes sense that the way this works, each NAND is paired to one MicroSD, but it would be nice if it was possible through software to mount a secondary SD card from one of the other slots. That would be convenient to manage the other SD cards through Android or Ubuntu.

I don't really know how this works, maybe having the option to give power to just one, or even all, other SD cards is something that this design could handle with some tweaks or maybe it would complicate the design too much. In that case I can settle for just switching the SD cards around.

Last edited by dujdujduj,

SuperSayianGod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks totally cool to be able to switch Micro Sd card without removing them. What Compastity will it be able to hold and run?
32gb,64,128,256 or 512. Be cool if it could hold and run 3 512gb just by switching them without removing.

recgame77

Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
@MatinatorX Do you think of realeasing a dual / triple sd card adaptor that one can plug on the original sd card board socket ? I m pretty amazed that nothing similar exists so far/

TBH that would solve the dual HOS/Android issue i thinkg for most of the people.

In any case nice project , have fun :)

MaGosT

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe read the thread then? This has been addressed already.

Also, I don't do pre-orders or take donations.

Also also, a quick reading of the history of Kongnutz shows a completely different situation. He obtained and publicly distributed a copyrighted Nintendo game (NSMBW) a full week ahead of release.

This is a mod chip that lets you switch between multiple physical NAND chips and MicroSD cards. It's also currently a hobby project. Coming to market is not guaranteed, nor are any of the features listed if it does.
Well sorry for my ignorance. I simply posted my question for your own best.
Yes it was a different story but seeing how Nintendo is going after chip manufactures, it may turn into a personal problem of yours.

Anyhow I simply wanted to make you aware, nothing else. Sorry for wasting your time.

IPLbug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't make any promises, but I am going to try to get custom heat shields made. I have no idea yet what the cost would be yet though - to get my own kickstand hinges made I think it ended up costing me around $500 for 1000, and a heat shield would be a lot more complex.

i ones again have to say this make a go fund me or a donation account people can donate to as to move this project into the mainstream as fast as possible

Reactions: deanspeed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto